Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (All brands)

4.5

Cocos nucifera

on 9/14/2013 11:22:00 AM

Fabulous discovery! Sensitive, dry, rosacea (red bumps on cheeks, at this stage temporary flushing, some pimples), and dark circles..I started applying CNO in desperation during our last holiday in Thailand since the heat and spice really flared up my rosacea. CNO evens out the skintone, calms, reduces pimples overnight and is overall really yummy and rejuvenating. I also take spoonfuls of it, and have started cooking with it.
It is not moisturising enough on its own, so I put Avene Recovery creme on top.
I also use it as a body moisturizer, and makeup remover, and hair mask. It requires 2-3 shampoos to wash it out the next morning but leaves my frizzy fine blonde hair soft, sleek and strengthened.

Also works great for hubby's oily but sensitive skin.

on 9/12/2013 9:07:00 PM

Great product

on 9/11/2013 12:17:00 PM

I use this as:

-lip balm
-hair serum
-face moisturizer
-coffee creamer
-mouth wash (google oil cleansing method)
-body lotion
-cuticle cream

Its my holy grail

on 9/5/2013 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was absolutely horrid for me!! I put it on my hair, it made my hair coarse and frizzy. I put it on my face, it was greasy and I ended up with some weird white bumps (kinda look like whiteheads, but they're hard) that haven't gone away yet a month later. I rubbed it all over my body and it just made me greasy. I tried mixing it with my moisturizer and rubbing it on my body, that was meh. Still a little greasy. I don't know how or why people are raving about this product. I did buy a good organic, cold pressed oil, Nutiva. The only use I have found for it is as an eyelash conditioner, I apply this nightly to the eyelashes and in the morning my mascara slides on like a dream. Definitely WILL NOT repurchase.

on 8/20/2013 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It works wonders from head to toes.I love it during winter as a body and hair moisturiser,during summer I mix it with sunscreen oil,after depilation it calms the skin and reduces redness,I love applying it on cotton pads and place them on my eyes (it nourishes lashes that are everyday covered in mascara)...

on 8/16/2013 9:56:00 PM

Skin (body) - Love it for skin, though oddly it only works well on my legs. This has replaced anything I've ever used previously on my very sensitive, dry legs. The tub lasts FOREVER (I have Nature's Way brand). If I use too much, it doesn't sink in well, but I've learned how much is perfect and it really is just that......perfect (I use about a quarter sized amount, total, for both legs).

Hair - the jury is still out on this. When I've used it alone (put it on before bed, shampoo out in the morning) it seems to make my hair feel drier. I'm guessing this is due to the protein (my hair is not a fan of protein treatments). However, this past week I mixed a few drops of avocado oil in with some coconut, let it sit for about 20 minutes, then washed as normal and that seems to work well (though I used too much). That was on Monday and today is Friday and my hair shows no signs of needing to be oiled again (and my hair is heavily highlighted, so tends to be dry).

Makeup remover - it will remove eye makeup, but it's not my first choice.

Feet - this is a GREAT moisturizer for feet, especially after I pumice. Love it.

This was horrible as a facial moisturizer! I tried this after watching youtubers suggest it. Big mistake. This does smell nice, which is a bonus. However, it just sits on the surface of your skin, doesn't ever absorb, and isn't actually moisturizing at all! The worst part is it broke me out.....it's actually quite comedogenic. :(

on 8/12/2013 3:03:00 AM

I began using coconut oil because I want to try eliminate as many chemicals from my beauty products if I can help it. So I decided to opt for a natural moisturiser for my feet, hands and body. I have been applying it directly after a shower, wearing cotton gloves and cotton socks, then going to sleep.
My hands and feet feel smooth, but there is still some visible scaling on my hands and fingers. I almost feel like it is not penetrating my skin!! I also read somewhere that coconut oil can be stripping- hence it is an ingredient in many types of soap. I really want this to work, so I will mix it with some extra virgin olive oil, wait out and continue using it for another couple of months or so and see if it makes an improvement to the dry, scaly nature of my hands this winter.

on 8/12/2013 1:12:00 AM

A MUST FOR EVERY WOMAN OUT THERE!!! If you struggle with dry skin, split ends, slow hair growth, crazy eye lashes or even dietary needs, then this is for you. Pure, unrefined, cold pressed coconut oil (extra virgin) is considered an all natural moisturizer that is safe for your skin, hair, and tummy!

on 8/7/2013 5:46:00 PM

Miracle product. I'll be buying this forever.

I use this to cleanse my face, see more under the oil cleansing method!

But my new favorite is: hair mask/treatment. I experimented with coconut oil before, but I didn't like it, I couldn't wash it properly, my hair still looked oily afterwards.

But a few months back, after getting back from a work trip I jumped into the shower, and washed my hair. My hair felt really dry, so I decided to put on some coconut oil. It was really hot that day so I skipped blow drying, and for my surprise the oil sinked in very well. Sure I had to wash it again the next day, and after blow drying my hair felt sooo goood. Unusually good. Nice, full, shiny. It looked like I had $300 blow dryer (and I don't).

So I'm doing this now at night once a week: wet my hair, put on coconut oil (I use extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil btw) sleep, wake up, wash my hair and voila. No coconut oil residue, nor oily feeling jut good hair.

Sure sometimes I didn't have the time, but my hair still felt good. So now I'm a believer that this stuff moisturizes and conditions your hair deeply.

One more thing: thanks to coconut oil dandruff is gone!

What else? Get this miracle worker now maybe?

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products