October 1, 2014 | 1017 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by drivesl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've experimented with using coconut oil as a moisturizer and eye make up remover. I've been careful because it is considered comedogenic, or pore clogging. It is not a good face moisturizer for the acne prone.

Eye makeup remover: Incredible, it is incredible. Smoothing hardened coconut oil over my eye removed most of my makeup before I wiped it off and left my lid incredibly soft. Also, good for the under eye. Unlike olive oil, it doesn't require the wiping step as much and doesn't irritate my tear ducts.

Face: I rubbed a small amount all over, even on problem areas like my chin. It absorbed into and softened my skin beautifully and for a while when I used it at night, but I also woke up with black heads where I don't usually have them (between my eyebrows and on my forehead. No bueno.)

Hands: I get very dry hands during the winter and am bad at remembering to moisturize them. I tried coconut oil as a day time moisturizer instead of Keri. It absorbed deep into the layers of the skin in a way hand creams can't do and stayed through some hand washings. However, it left my hand still somewhat scaly and didn't moisturize that well. The fact that it penetrates deep into skin makes it a worthy alternative, though.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Coconut oil is an HG product for me. I have used it as a hair treatment, hair serum, moisturizer on body, face, and lips, makeup remover, and mixed with sugar as a moisturizing scrub. I can't say enough how wonderful coconut oil is! I would not want to be without this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Like EVO oil this is another organic beauty saviour.in todays world we are constantly Plagued by fancy commercials of brands promoting their new creams/serums whether it be on the tv or magazines they make it look so inticing with beautiful models with Impeccable flawless skin advertising their products which all promise to diminish fine lines and wrinkles minimize pores and give you radiant and more youthful looking skin so you rush to the nearest department store only to find out A teeny tiny 30 mil bottle will set you back $ 85 you Reluctantly cough up your hard earned cash in the hopes for beautiful looking skin that every woman wants and dreams of as shallow as it may sound its true I'm a believer that the right skin care regime can really contribute to ageing gracefully that ofcourse cutting back on too much sun and smoking. as wondefful as these fancy brands may sound and expensive I might add nothing beats the organic wonders out there. coconut oil is another great skin Beautifier that leaves my Dehydrated skin soft and supple whilst soothing my Eczema and not only is it beneficial for skin but it is a hair saviour for my baby fine hair without all the harsh chemicals it leaves my hair soft shiny and Significantly healthier coconut oil has so many wonderful benefits that i will find use for as long as I live.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I joined the coconut oil party a little late, but after finishing off my first tub and repurchasing another I have to say this product is simply awesome for me. Great, gentle, inexpensive, and versatile product to use for adding hydration and moisture to my skin and hair. Love using it as a weekly hair mask, applying it as a nightly lip balm, or using it as a moisturizer for dry areas on my face or body.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Manue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am loving the oil-cleansing method with organic, cold pressed coconut oil. I buy the Maison d'Orphee Brand in Canada. I was a bit worried this would clog pores, because coconut oil is known to be comedogenic, but for some reason this works on my skin. My skin is less dry. I have fewer breakouts. I basically massage the oil on my face at night and use a wet facial cotton pad to gently remove any makeup and grime. It's been a couple of months, and I don't see myself going back to expensive cleansers any time soon.

Update: It does seem to clog pores a bit over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by lusci0us

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Been using coconut oil in my daily routine in this last few weeks. Starts from the morning i took 2 tbsp then before shower i will put it on my face before going in the warm water and at night i use it as my makeup remover and also put it on after serum/before mosturizer. Used to have some dry n red patches due to allergy n that heals it up pretty quick! My face now feels smooth and hydrated amazing!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All the good reviews are true, I have dry, brittle, long and fine hair. This oil seems to increase volume and softness, not shine. I believe it does strengthen the hair and i should bother to sit around looking appalling with a damp towel on my head more often as it does work and is worth the effort but am lazy. Love to eat it too, and slather my face with it, the skin seems to love it, and looks great after a coconut oil massage. The list of things this does is amazing, I even wake up earlier more refreshed than usual after eating it. I could go on but am too lazy for that too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must say that i am a person that love to spend money on expensive hair products .. I never buy anything from supermarket or drugstore. Is just me ..but then i've tried nearly all HE brands such Kerastase , Redken , Frederic Fekkai , Pureology , Moroccan Oil , Joico and so on. I mostly and longest have use Kerastase and nearly all from this brand.
My hair is very dry and fine. I use to be very highlighted to dark brown ..and then just year ago i decide to bleach my hair to platinum blonde. Of course i did that very slow but still my hair was left extremely dry !! I quickly then bought the most moisturizing Kerastase products ones again and swatch them with moroccan oil shampoo and conditioner. Hair gets use to products and they stop working after a while ..that's why i often change brands in about 2 months. I also regularly use protein like Joico as well as moisturizing mask all of the time.

Now after i end up with such dry hair i did research and also bought Philip Kingsley Elasticizer which is good product but honestly i never got the results as from coconut oil for my hair. I mist tell to everyone that coconut oil for my hair made HUGE difference. There is nothing like it. I use it 1x week as pre shampoo treatment. I apply on my whole hair and leave it there as long as i can. Sometime i stay hour ..some time 6 hours. I never sleep with it ( is good though ) as i cant sleep with plastic cap . After that i just wash my hair as usual. Shampoo and conditioner. That's all.
My fine hair NEVER look flat after that but in fact much better and the other thing is that when i use coconut oil ..my hair also always look fantastic even on second day.

Let me tell you my hair looks much better than ever. My platinum blonde hair is NOT DRY anymore. Looks super healthy as well. I also use coconut oil on my last wash before bleach. And my hair never look dry after that either.
I have been honest with my review and from all i ever tried this is the only product that really makes a tremendous difference to my hair condition.
Nothing else to say i suggest people to give a try to this oil ... It really worth it

UPDATE !!! MILLION THANKS to the lady that recommended oil pulling with coconut oil for whitening the teeth !!! I have been doing this for the last 10 days and honestly ...i cant believe it how white my teeth are !! And trust me i have tried all from crest white strips to super $$ treatments and toothpastes !! This is amazing !!! I use this every morning when i wake up. Just take a spoon of coconut oil in my mouth ( even the oil is not melted , it will melt in a seconds ) and swash around my mouth for 20 minutes while i put coffee and have morning skin care and so on. After 20 minutes i spill this in the garbage ( coconut oil can go back hard and is not good to spill in the sink ) after that just brush my teeth and i am done. I can guaranty you results if you do this for around 10 days ..you teeth will be really white !!! And there is not only that but if you google oil pulling you will find out how beneficial this is for your mouth as is antibacterial and great also for people that have sensitive teeth and gums.
Please trust me and try it !!!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

Absolutely Awesome!

I use as mask as often as I like and use it before I shower for as long as I can to keep water from dehydrating my hair. It softens and makes has made my hair super long. I could not say enough good things about coconut oil. Great for cooking and so many other things!

Has reduced breakage about 80%! Overall, A+, and best of all its cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Kellison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Works best as a shaving creme for me :)

This stuff is super cool though, very luxerious and so cheap.

Use it on your
Hair
Skin (not face if your acne prone)
Cuticles
Lips
You can even eat it!

I love it when I can use a good natural product in place of so many things!