Hanae Mori Butterfly EDP

3.8

on 5/30/2005 6:04:00 PM

This is a nice, warm scent for winter. I can definitely detect vanilla and caramel in it mixed with a nice light note of strawberry. I will definitely keep this one around.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Received a sample of this at Sephora. While i like some vanilla frangrances this one is cloying. I felt like I smelled like I needed a shower after spraying this on. It just smells like vanilla and sweat to me all mixed together. I would not purchase this fragrance

on 4/30/2005 1:37:00 PM

Sweet and feminine. I find the almond note is strong on me. I love this and so does my bf.

Ugh, I did not like this perfume at all! I received a sample of this in a Sephora gift bag and I'm glad it was only a sample. This has a very musky and sweet vanilla smell that is way too heady and cloying for me. Kind of reminds me of Dior's Addict perfume, another one that I absolutely hate. Definitely not the kind of perfume for me!

on 4/20/2005 8:52:00 PM

Hanae Mori was suggested to me when I told an SA that I was looking for a vanillic fragrance. Well, I should've clarified that I'm not partial to candy sweet vanillic scents, which to my nose, Hanae Mori is. The list of official notes is: strawberry, black currant, jasmine, ylang ylang, sandalwood, almond and praline. I barely detect the jasmine and sandalwood and instead get loads of praline and currants. The strawberry here recalls the artificial strawberry flavoring used in strawberry milk or cotton candy instead of real fruit. Not surprisingly, Hanae Mori quickly gets cloying and makes Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum seem like a soapy fragrance barely touched by almond. With its impressive lasting power, to wear Hanae Mori is like polishing off a tin of toffee-coated brittle. I have this urge to brush my teeth to stave off cavities.

on 4/17/2005 9:34:00 PM

Notes: Strawberries, Bilberries, Black Currant, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Sandalwood, Almond, Praline.

Pigeonmom sent me her bottle of the EDP spray (about 1/6th left in there) and I am REVELLING IN THIS STUFF!! The sum total of these ingredients is a sort of a refreshing sweet gourmand oriental, just wonderful wonderful wonderful! I can see myself wearing it as a comfort scent as much as a summer pick-me-up. The strawberries, rose, currants and praline are predominant on me - not the vanillic accord as everyone mentions.

on 4/12/2005 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Pretty strawberry-vanilla scent, a little too sweet for my taste, but might work for people who like Angel but want something a little less brazen. The body cream, however, is tantalizing - you get a sbeautiful re-usable box and incredibly smooth skin.

on 3/26/2005 1:17:00 AM

I find Hanae Mori too sweet and just loaded with too much vanilla.It's a nice scent,but personally I'm sick of vanilla in fragrances.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Its vanilla. Its warm. Its comforting. Its plesant. Its lasting. Its boring as hell and much to expensive for what it is.

on 1/28/2005 3:25:00 PM

This isn't one that I would normally have purchased on my own, but I dragged my husband to Nordstrom and forced him to pick out a new fragrance for me. This was his pick! Guess it's true that men just love vanilla scents! I know there are a lot of negative reviews on this one, but I really like it, and my husband loves it. It smells a little fruity and a little flowery all at the same time. The Nordstrom sales associate (a guy) was even impressed at how it smelled on me; he said that many people don't like it and it just doesn't smell good on them because of their body chemistry. Overall, I'm glad I'm among those that can wear this fragrance!

Popular Fragrances