December 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Semi-Matte Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by luckylecky

This formula did not work for me. In agreement with the previous reviewer, it looked fine after application. Within a couple of hours my face was really greasy, it was quite embarrassing when a work colleague pointed it out to me! It's just not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by atsiong1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the look of this foundation... for the first 10 minutes after application. The finish of this makeup immediately after application makes you look like you have an inner glow without being shiny or "dewy." Not enough coverage to cover acne or skin discolorations by itself (maybe it would work better as a finishing powder?). But after 10 minutes it slips off my skin and settles into the flakies, leaving me looking like I never applied any makeup, and if I look close, my skin looks blotchy and uneven!! I have tried this alone and with the Kaolin Powder Sunlight (KPS can be used as a primer, a finishing powder, or both). I'm really disappointed because I wanted a natural makeup without a lot of icky chemicals (I'm also acne-prone). Did find a great color match for my face, did love the cheaper than cheap price of the sample kit, had no beef with the packaging, but this stuff just didn't work. Edit: forgot to mention that I used the Flat Top Brush (also from Everyday Minerals) to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this in sandy fair. Perfect match! I hate mineral makeup. Tried BE...crazy breakouts and smudgy and gross. I tried this because it was inexpensive, has great colors (unlike BE) and apparently many girls had luck with no breakouts. I bought it originally to just dust over my erno laszlo shake it for when I need more coverage while my pink spots fade. It's lovely! It covers enough and doesn't get too oily. I just touch up before it's too late! Maybe once every three hours I powder my face lightly. I got a bunch of samples too, and though I like this a lot, the intensive formula covers so much more. I think my next purchase I'll get a full size intensive as well as this for lighter days. It really evens things out, especially if used over a tinted base. I'm glad I tried this!
Also, doesn't change colors. BE turned orange. This stays true all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by PheistyChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought EM after learning that my Jane Iredale Amazing Base had bismuth in it (and because I'm trying to cut back on my expenses). I have to say that I really like this product. I have acne-prone, extreme-combination skin and usually JI would melt off of my face by noon. Not so with EM. It stays on my face all day long.

Also, the coverage of the semi-matte formula is excellent. It covers my (hopefully) soon-to-be-gone discoloration and acne scars. It really evens out my skin tone and blends naturally. Right now I'm using the color 'Neutral' and it matches my olive skin very well. (I have a lot of trouble finding foundation to match my coloring...Italian/Mediterranean.) I also have large pores on my cheeks and nose and fine smile lines near my eyes, and this doesn't seem to accent them at all, which is a problem I've found with other mineral makeups (JI aside).

If you're new to mineral makeup, please note that YOU MUST have a good brush. Right now I'm using my Jane Iredale retractable brush (very expensive, but worth it), and it works great with this product. Be sure that the brush has a flat bottom, or you won't get the results you want. Some say a Kabuki brush is best, but I respectfully disagree.

The price, free and cheap samples, fast shipping, excellent customer service, all-day staying-power, and tons of color options make this my new HG foundation, for sure. Plus, it doesn't have that nasty bismuth, which has been linked to cystic acne.

Bye, bye Jane Iredale! It's been nice knowing you!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by MissPeony

Out of all the Everyday Mineral Foundations, the semi-matte formula is my favorite. I have consistently purchased this foundation for the last three years. I always have a jar of this foundation in my makeup box. I am NC 30 and use Winged Butter. Everyday Minerals has a vast selection of foundation colors for you to choose from and offer sample sizes for you to try out the color before committing to a full size jar. This foundation does a great job in evening my skintone and hiding minor scars but I do find that as the day progresses, I need to touch up because the foundation wears off. All in all, a great product and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by sweetkandi87

Out of all the formulas, I like this one the most, it has a slight glow to it and great coverage!

UPDATE 2/16/11:

My favorite mineral foundation. After trying many liquids, Im back to this. Much prettier than and natural looking than liquid. Plus it is so affordable!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Fla8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EDM was the first mineral makeup I ever tried (guess I was lucky it wasn't BE that causes irritation to so many women) and I loved it right away. Before, I sometimes would have some small pimples before my period and scars from them but after about a month after I started using EDM my skin cleared up. My mom who is in her late 50s also looks much younger wearing minerals. I like all EDM formulas except Intensive (it's just not for me) but semi-matte was the best for my slightly combination skin. It gives a natural seamless look, covers little imperfections well. The only downfall is that it starts looking a bit oily later in the day during summer when it's hot but I have yet to find a mineral foundation that doesn't, plus it's easy to fix using blotting paper. And secondly, it wears off eventually so in the evening you don't have much to remove. But overall it's a very good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by dmtowns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation, I absolutely love it. My skin stays matte all day without looking cakey or fake, the coverage is great, it matches my skin, and it's so quick and easy to apply (not to mention affordable)! I really recommend this to anyone who (like me) hated the original Bare Minerals because it made them orange and shiny, and wore off so quickly. I will purchase this again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by littlefreco9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In Everyday Minerals foundation, semi-matte is my favorite formula. =] Matte gives so much coverage that when I take it off, there is SOOO much makeup on my cotton pad, and I would just rather not have so much makeup on =/ It makes me feel so unnatural, like if I went out one day WITHOUT makeup, everyone would be like "uhhh what happened to you?!" Original glo is a little too light in coverage and kind of illuminates bad scars, which is a big NO-NO! So yup, LOVE this! =D

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by misn0mer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I initially loved this product. I got it in golden medium and medium olive; both of which fit my suited my skintone perfectly. It also gave good coverage and a good finish. The only thing was that t product caused me to break out. I have fairly good skin and have used a variety of foundations without breaking out. I've never really had problems with any makeup products and am not one to break out normally. So naturally, I don't know what ingredient in this product made me break out. I would continue using it if it didn't cause me to break out because I I truly think its a great product well worth buying/trying. But unfortunately, for now, its back to the standby makeup bag for now.