April 21, 2014 | 1098 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like a lot of previous reviewers have stated, Ruby Pumps is indeed a very beautiful nail polish. It really does look like Dorothy's sparkly shoes! I am usually not fond of red nail polishes but this one is an exception. It's this rich crimson sparkling red color that's just so elegant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

THE POLISH:
This color is gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! A red based polish with red glitter. For starters, I am not much of a glitter wearing lady, (I prefer cremes), but this polish is one of my top 10 favorite polishes. I always get compliments when I wear this shade. Photos never do this shade any justice, it's so much prettier in person. I'm medium skin tone, so some reds could make me look orange, which I hate. But this red shade doesn't do that.
REMOVAL:
Since it is a glitter shade, the best way to remove this is by using 100 percent acetone. I hate using 100 percent acetone as it dries the skin. After I remove the polish I immediately apply a cuticle cream and hand cream as well. It's probably why I don't wear glitter shades as often. Since I don't, I don't mind the removal process.
THE FORMULA:
I LOVE China Glaze's formula. Three coats of this gorgeous color over Seche Ridge Filling bast coat and topped off with Seche Vite. All together last about a week before it begins to chip. It never gets thick in the bottle after so many uses. It has nail hardening properties. I love the brush. I will definitely be purchasing this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by JanisM2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the red i have been looking for. wow. looks so good on my toes and hands. and the formula lasted a full week without chipping. MUST HAVE! love it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my favorite red before i tried out the new big hair... big nails nail polish from the opi texas collection.
Its a deep red with red glitter. It's so glamorous. I feel very sophisticated when I have this color on.
It's very dupable though. Ive seen brands from nyc to orly makes a color just like this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by tiffhua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a very nice glittery red polish however it's nothing "omg I need this". Just imagine a red glittery polish and this is it. Nothing too special. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful color, just it's nothing to die for. Plus I hate China Glaze brushes! They're way too small and thin!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by bubblex23

Awesome color... don't have much more to add than all that has been said, but just needed to share my love for this delicious, wonderfully sparkly polish!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Krystie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has got to be my favorite nail polish EVVEERRR. It takes a bit to get a good shade but after three coats, you get this stunning red colour. And it dries super fast unlike most other nail polishes I've tried. I'm always getting compliments when I wear this and I've lent my bottle to pretty much every Makeup-junkie friend I have. I definitely recommend this nail polish (:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 5:59:00 AM More reviews by EFENN

very chrismas red colour very nice:))

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by RobynHoneybee

This nail polish is PERFECT! You know those ruby slippers judy garland wore in the move 'wizard of oz' 1939? That's the exact color. Obviously that's why they named it ruby pumps... but yeah. I'm so glad that they put red glitters, not silver or any other color. They'll make you look at your nails all day! This shimmery polish is too intimidating for a normal highschooler to wear to school, so I just paint my left hand pinkie lol :) Quite cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by chillychili

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This polish is very beautiful. Application is flawless. Will definitley repurchase.