April 16, 2014 | 2026 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK! SO!... I have been waiting for this to be released! All the hype had me PSYCHED to run out and get this! I got a lil bummed out when it sold out on the website so fast, but... LUCKILY (bittersweet luckily?) I was sick from work this morning... I went to the doc and when they dismissed me from work I decided to run out to MAC BEFORE I went home to rest... Well.... Thank god! I got my store's LAST one! (At 10:35) Well.... I decided to put it on my cheeks when I got home and all I have to say is WOW! It looks great! I will agree that it IS NOT fully domed but I am in love! This is the nicest MSF I own! And I have quite a few of the good ones!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by missjulie80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nice color on my nc25 asian skin but i dont see what the hype is all about... it's pretty but nothing special to me...this is a ton of product.. it's very pigmented ....maybe one swipe is enough...i dont think i will ever use it all up..you get a lot...wish it was smaller and for less price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been waiting for this re-release since my love affair with MAC began when I joined MUA in 2005...I think that's when the original one came out. I usually find that long awaited re-releases are overhyped, like with Moth Brown and Parrot, for example. These things never seem to live up to their hype. Until now. I love this MSF. On my NC35-37 skintone, this is a gorgeous, glowy bronzed coral. It is the perfect, slightly shimmery blush and highlighter hybrid. It doesn't accentuate my flaws either, somehow, so I find it kind of magical. The texture reminds me of Benefit Coralista but in a more neutral shade. I am taking off one lippie, however, because it tends to fade fairly quickly. I may have to layer a cream blush underneath to make it last, even with face primer. MMM/Oily/NC35-37.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by LeanneNelson

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!
Looove it! I never tried the first, but the second it amazing. :) Happy I got it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by codyeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEAUTIFUL COLOR! In the pot, it's an orange/coral color w/bronzey brown veining. On the skin it's a GORGEOUS coral/peach color. I think it would work on all skin tones. I definitely see what the fuss is about.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Siobhan195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is absolutely gorgeous! Quite pigmented, alot more so that I thought, and absolutely no glitter. Its incredably finely milled and makes my cheeks glow. I put it on with a dense brush,( the 109 )and it came out quite strong,i sprayed fix plus over it immedietly after. It doesnt have great staying power without Fix Plus so I'd highly recommend you use that. Overall, I can see what all the hype was about, its breathtaking..I'll be buying a backup!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Rumz

It looks really good in the pan but it barely came out on my nc44-45 skin. I really wanted to use it as a blush because its a pretty colour, but it barely showed up on my skin, so i loaded it up and layered it on, when it finally showed up it was really frosty (because I had to use so much) very light pink/red colour. It didn't look good on me, it looked patchy and frosty. I could make it work by using it over a blush, but its not worth it for 19.50 just for that purpose. I already have by candlight and beauty powder in shell pearl for that. However I think it would look amazing on lighter skin tones, it would be less frosty (when i applied it lightly it gave a sheen not frost effect) and more pigmented.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not impressed at all....so frosty!
There are much better products out there and much cheaper!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by starkelly01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just tried the repromoted Stereo Rose and it doesn't seem as good as the original release Stereo Rose. Although it is very smooth, silky and buttery, it seems more pale and frosty/chalky. I wonder if they changed their formula for the worse? I do know that colors may vary depending on veining. The one I tried was frosty pale peach, not coral.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by vanialovesbenny

I am very disappointed with this product. This re promoted version of stereo rose is very subtle, sheer,shimmery peach/ pink, and barely shows up on my nw 35 skin color. This blush is almost a dupe of mac Porcelain Pink. I don't think this MSF looks coral whatsoever . However, surprisingly mac petticoat from this collection (in the groove)looks more coral than this MSf. I also noticed that Mac has decreased the dome size of their msfs in the collection. The dome is not as full, as if you already used your msf 4-5x when only its been used 1x. MAC, you got me again with this hype all for nothing! hahaha. I also forgot to mention, there is not a lot of veining in this product (0-2 veining lines max) and that is what changes the products color depending on how much veining you get in the stereo rose.
UPDATE: I put a pic of the new stereo rose from the in the groove collection it is the 3RD PIC. It has only been swatch 1x

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No