October 23, 2014 | 938 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by lacubanita

There is a lot of hype around this MSF, and I was skeptical about it but heard so many good things I had to give it a shot. After my online order with MAC got backordered, I managed to snag the last one at my local MAC counter. I am SO glad I got it!

I am about about an NC20 or so (I use BB Natural Finish in 3.25 Cool Beige, which is actually not that cool-toned), and this MSF gives me such a pretty glow. I have seen swatches where it shows up slightly orange on some people, but on me it looks like the pinky-coral it does in the pan. It does not emphasize my pores at all ... it just looks like a pretty natural flush with a little bit of sheen to it. It seems to me like a more pigmented powder version of Tarte's Blissful cheekstain, plus a little bit of shimmer.

Note: My Stereo Rose doesn't have a lot of veining in it, which may account for why it isn't as orange as it is on others. The veining makes a big difference.

Overall I am happy with Stereo Rose and I am glad I went out of my way to get it. I'd definitely repurchase if it were re-released.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow I didn't realize how popular this was, i know it is on MUA but geez everyone knew about this one. I went at 10 right when the mall opened and 2 people were already in line waiting for it. As the MAC girl was helping us out, she was getting phone calls to put it on hold. To me it doesn't look that pretty in the pan, but once you put it on, wow it gives an amazing glow to your face, I was debating if i should get this or not and im really glad i did! Get this guys if you can!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ooomakeupjunkieooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just recieved mine and I LOVE IT!!! It's just in time for that gorgeous summer glow that this color gives. It's now my favorite msf so far from the ones I've tryed. It's a must have fellow msf lovers!! It's just the most beautiful coral color I think I've ever seen!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK! SO!... I have been waiting for this to be released! All the hype had me PSYCHED to run out and get this! I got a lil bummed out when it sold out on the website so fast, but... LUCKILY (bittersweet luckily?) I was sick from work this morning... I went to the doc and when they dismissed me from work I decided to run out to MAC BEFORE I went home to rest... Well.... Thank god! I got my store's LAST one! (At 10:35) Well.... I decided to put it on my cheeks when I got home and all I have to say is WOW! It looks great! I will agree that it IS NOT fully domed but I am in love! This is the nicest MSF I own! And I have quite a few of the good ones!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by missjulie80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nice color on my nc25 asian skin but i dont see what the hype is all about... it's pretty but nothing special to me...this is a ton of product.. it's very pigmented ....maybe one swipe is enough...i dont think i will ever use it all up..you get a lot...wish it was smaller and for less price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been waiting for this re-release since my love affair with MAC began when I joined MUA in 2005...I think that's when the original one came out. I usually find that long awaited re-releases are overhyped, like with Moth Brown and Parrot, for example. These things never seem to live up to their hype. Until now. I love this MSF. On my NC35-37 skintone, this is a gorgeous, glowy bronzed coral. It is the perfect, slightly shimmery blush and highlighter hybrid. It doesn't accentuate my flaws either, somehow, so I find it kind of magical. The texture reminds me of Benefit Coralista but in a more neutral shade. I am taking off one lippie, however, because it tends to fade fairly quickly. I may have to layer a cream blush underneath to make it last, even with face primer. MMM/Oily/NC35-37.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by LeanneNelson

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!
Looove it! I never tried the first, but the second it amazing. :) Happy I got it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by codyeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEAUTIFUL COLOR! In the pot, it's an orange/coral color w/bronzey brown veining. On the skin it's a GORGEOUS coral/peach color. I think it would work on all skin tones. I definitely see what the fuss is about.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Siobhan195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is absolutely gorgeous! Quite pigmented, alot more so that I thought, and absolutely no glitter. Its incredably finely milled and makes my cheeks glow. I put it on with a dense brush,( the 109 )and it came out quite strong,i sprayed fix plus over it immedietly after. It doesnt have great staying power without Fix Plus so I'd highly recommend you use that. Overall, I can see what all the hype was about, its breathtaking..I'll be buying a backup!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Rumz

It looks really good in the pan but it barely came out on my nc44-45 skin. I really wanted to use it as a blush because its a pretty colour, but it barely showed up on my skin, so i loaded it up and layered it on, when it finally showed up it was really frosty (because I had to use so much) very light pink/red colour. It didn't look good on me, it looked patchy and frosty. I could make it work by using it over a blush, but its not worth it for 19.50 just for that purpose. I already have by candlight and beauty powder in shell pearl for that. However I think it would look amazing on lighter skin tones, it would be less frosty (when i applied it lightly it gave a sheen not frost effect) and more pigmented.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No