September 18, 2014 | 1747 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 7:17:00 PM More reviews by luckybamboozled

I have used this for years..I have a color for every season because I never want to be without it. Do I use it every day? No, I use this when my skin is behaving the worst because this has great coverage and doesn't irritate my skin. It's been a real lifesaver over the years when I have those crazy hormonal breakouts that leave red marks. If you're going to give it a try my only suggestion would be to apply it with a light hand a little goes a long way. My Mom has used this for years also to even out her skintone because she has dealt with melasma for years. I will def repurchase as long as this product is sold and I would recommend it for anyone that just needs it for the occasional "bad face day" it's good stuff, one compact lasts forever, and I think the shelf life on this stuff is great I've had one of my compacts for over 2 years w/no problems!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 9:42:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product blends well with the tinted moisturizer they sell. It looks flawless. I highly recommend this! I had a bad problem with these kinds of products making me break out but not with Clinique!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2007 4:38:00 AM More reviews by susemb

I've been a long term user of superpowder, in either matte ivory or matte cream, depending on the season. It has light, even coverage on my slightly dry skin and is a blessing in that it avoids the whole paint on foundation thing.

I've rebought and will continue to do so!

Oh, now that I'm >40 I will mention that a good concealer is mandatory with it! And as I'm in Australia where this stuff is $48 AU for a compact (over $45 US!!!) it's marked down on price on that!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2007 4:37:00 AM More reviews by susemb

I've rebought and will continue to do so!

Oh, now that I'm >40 I will mention that a good concealer is mandatory with it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oxidized noticeably and caused break-outs. So this definitely didn't work for me and I'm returning it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 9:34:00 AM More reviews by KerBears

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this since i was 18 years old - now at 36, still using. i've tried foundations, tinted moisturizer, everything. After 1/2 day of just not feeling my best I whip out this compact and there i am looking 10 x's better. it's cheap, the sponge it comes with is perfect, stays on, no complaints. Except don't overdo it or the lines underneath your eyes will stand out. Works well on top of e/s primer as an even better base too. I'm fair blonde, use matte neutral in winter & matte honey in summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 7:07:00 PM More reviews by kzolin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I would be lost without my Superpowder in Matte Bisque. I have fair skin with freckles and age spots. I layer this with the Superbalanced liquid foundation and it gives me the coverage I want without feeling heavy. In fact, I wear both layers year-round. EDITED to add: I replace the sponge that comes with it with a Target-brand round sponge. The Target sponge is not as porous as the Clinique sponge, so it traps less product and spreads it much better. I find that my compacts of Superpowder are lasting much longer since making this switch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was the first foundation/powder I ever used when I was a teenager and now, at 33, I've re-discovered it. I have dry skin that's *very* breakout prone and this stuff is fantastic!!! I use a big powder brush and buff this on (the way you do with mineral makeup) over top my sunscreen and Clinique All About Eyes Concealer. At first it looks a little chalky and you think "Uh oh, too much". But wait 5 or 6 minutes and it melts right into your skin and it looks like no makeup at all! My hubby even commented that my skin looks flawless but looks like I'm not wearing makeup. Woo Hoo!!! This makeup is so nice and soft and smooth and it doesn't break me out even though it has talc and mineral oil. This is my new HG and I don't need a liquid plus a powder! It lasts all day, maybe just needs a touch up on my chin (the only spot that gets shiny), covers redness and my skin finally looks incredible! My skin is light olive and *very* yellow and Matte Beige is an absolutely perfect match. *****UPDATE***** I still love this for summer, but it's too dry and chalky on my dry skin for fall and winter. In the summertime, it stands up to humidity and sweating very well.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by hannahjean55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this powder on and off for the past year. I really like to use it when I am in a hurry and don't have time for liquid foundation. It covers well but I prefer more of a dewy look. I gave this product a 5 because I have very sensitive skin and it is soooo hard to find products that do not irritate it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2007 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ls998

This is a good all-in-one foundation/powder that comes in a jeweled green compact. The product goes on the skin smoothly. It's not to heavy, so it's perfect for people who want light coverage. At times, I feel that the powder coverage doesn't do much for my nose, which tends to shine easily. So upon multiple applications of the foundation/powder to my nose, my nose starts to develop a chalky texture.