April 17, 2014 | 1513 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oxidized noticeably and caused break-outs. So this definitely didn't work for me and I'm returning it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 9:34:00 AM More reviews by KerBears

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this since i was 18 years old - now at 36, still using. i've tried foundations, tinted moisturizer, everything. After 1/2 day of just not feeling my best I whip out this compact and there i am looking 10 x's better. it's cheap, the sponge it comes with is perfect, stays on, no complaints. Except don't overdo it or the lines underneath your eyes will stand out. Works well on top of e/s primer as an even better base too. I'm fair blonde, use matte neutral in winter & matte honey in summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 7:07:00 PM More reviews by kzolin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I would be lost without my Superpowder in Matte Bisque. I have fair skin with freckles and age spots. I layer this with the Superbalanced liquid foundation and it gives me the coverage I want without feeling heavy. In fact, I wear both layers year-round. EDITED to add: I replace the sponge that comes with it with a Target-brand round sponge. The Target sponge is not as porous as the Clinique sponge, so it traps less product and spreads it much better. I find that my compacts of Superpowder are lasting much longer since making this switch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was the first foundation/powder I ever used when I was a teenager and now, at 33, I've re-discovered it. I have dry skin that's *very* breakout prone and this stuff is fantastic!!! I use a big powder brush and buff this on (the way you do with mineral makeup) over top my sunscreen and Clinique All About Eyes Concealer. At first it looks a little chalky and you think "Uh oh, too much". But wait 5 or 6 minutes and it melts right into your skin and it looks like no makeup at all! My hubby even commented that my skin looks flawless but looks like I'm not wearing makeup. Woo Hoo!!! This makeup is so nice and soft and smooth and it doesn't break me out even though it has talc and mineral oil. This is my new HG and I don't need a liquid plus a powder! It lasts all day, maybe just needs a touch up on my chin (the only spot that gets shiny), covers redness and my skin finally looks incredible! My skin is light olive and *very* yellow and Matte Beige is an absolutely perfect match. *****UPDATE***** I still love this for summer, but it's too dry and chalky on my dry skin for fall and winter. In the summertime, it stands up to humidity and sweating very well.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by hannahjean55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this powder on and off for the past year. I really like to use it when I am in a hurry and don't have time for liquid foundation. It covers well but I prefer more of a dewy look. I gave this product a 5 because I have very sensitive skin and it is soooo hard to find products that do not irritate it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2007 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ls998

This is a good all-in-one foundation/powder that comes in a jeweled green compact. The product goes on the skin smoothly. It's not to heavy, so it's perfect for people who want light coverage. At times, I feel that the powder coverage doesn't do much for my nose, which tends to shine easily. So upon multiple applications of the foundation/powder to my nose, my nose starts to develop a chalky texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2007 3:21:00 AM More reviews by MarieClaire9

i bought this powder after reading the reviews here. its ok, colour 7 matches well, but if used to often i have the impression that it makes my skin breakout.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by nic_b

Absolutely LOVE the finish on this--it covers without being "cakey" or too powdery. The color blends well with my skin, too (I'm pretty pale, and have a hard time finding foundation and/or powder that looks natural.) Only downside is that it really made me break out. One of the women at the Clinique counter (on a later visit) told me that anyone with acne or "congested" skin should steer clear of this one, that it can aggravate acne, but that she sold tons of it to women with "uncongested" normal and normal-to-dry skin.

If it didn't make me break out (maybe due to the mineral oil...which I hadn't noticed when I bought it), I'd be all over this product. Sadly, though, I won't purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by perfectcover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no idea what happened, but it seems like Clinique changed the formula for this product. I used to buy it all the time. However, lately, the product has been making my skin look orange. Coverage is great but I'm not liking the orange tint the product is giving me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

Right idea but wrong formulation. Makes my oily, acne-prone skin break out. I read here at MU that it has mineral oil in it. Duh!