TiGi Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo

3.1

on 6/17/2007 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

As Paula Begoun has said that Dumb Blonde reconstructor has no effect on chemically treated hair and I tend to think the shampoo has eitherÖBut as I dye my hair with henna, I donít care much for its effect on chemically treated hair
It works wonders on my very long hair dry ends. And another interesting effect: I have a very oily scalp, after using this shampoo for a while my every day hair washing decreased to 2-3 times a week! As I really hated washing my hair every morning this is a real blessing!
I buy it in the salon size bottles, and say that the pump could be better.
It has special sweet candy like smell like all the TiGi products that I have used.
EDIT. I prefer TiGis Superstar shampoo - better for oily hair.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have very fine bleached blonde hair. Have had it for years. Every once in a while I get a hair up my butt to make it darker. This time I only wanted to do a couple shades lighter. Didn't work. I ended up using THREE color kits, then found my HG color (which I thought was discontinued) totally stripped my hair of ANY pigmentation, then put a color on top of that. Normally I would be bald by now. I've been using BedHead Dumb Blonde shampoo and conditioner (I use Feria conditioner when I'm really abusing my hair). I have had very minimal breakage and I know it's due to the shampoo/conditioners!!!

on 4/8/2007 4:32:00 AM

Ok product, but I think Tigi oatmeal & honey shampoo is better. And Tigi fashionista colour-safe shampoo is the best for colour-treated hair.

All of them smell really good, as Tigi products tend to do. :)

on 3/28/2007 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Paired this with Reconstructor...And I was not even mildly impressed. My hair actually felt more brittle and dry than ever. Later on, a hairdresser informed me that my hair may have been missing hydration, but got over loaded on proteins. And that made the strands crispy and stiff.

on 3/26/2007 9:11:00 PM

This smells like lemonade and the smell is pretty overpowering. I think the line works well on color treated hair and it gives plenty of moisture. It rinses out clean and the hair looks great. I liked the volume that my hair got from using this stuff. I hate the name, though, and the stereotypical pink bottle. It reminds me of Clueless...ick.

on 2/12/2007 4:08:00 PM

My first review on this board goes to...TIGI dumb blonde...love this stuff!! My last hairdresser completely fried my hair, and I was seriously contemplating cutting it all off until I found this stuff. The first few days I used it my hair was kind of dry, but I figured that was just from all the proteins, I'm really glad I stuck with it after about a week of use my hair is soft and silky! I use the dumb blonde set and follow up with john frieda spray in conditioner.

on 1/26/2007 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG along with the reconstructer( see my other review) It adds protein to help repair my hair from coloring and heat styling damage. It also keeps my blond highlights from fading. My oily roots are under control and I have no product build up. But it does not strip my hair either. I get the best of both worlds

I rated this a fairly good value. I can get it in a two pack big bottles with the reconstructer for $19.99. And it lasts me forever.

****Well I had to stop using this as I found out my skin hates anything with cones in it. Gives me cystic acne. But I still recommend this to others****

so i havent tried this certain shampoo before but always get the tigi sets in the pump bottles when they go on sale. so i ended up getting this shampoo along with the conditioner/reconstructer for 19.95 at a beauty place near me. i dont have blonde hair and it hasn't been dyed recently but i have dyed it a few times before. anyways, so i used this today for the first time and i LOVE it. first it smells REALLY REALLY good, second the color is really pretty (not very relevant but its like a pearly pink color), and lathers up very well. my hair looks shiny and not too flat. will update after more usage.

For ref, I have fine, flyaway shoulder length blonde hi-lighted hair. I bought this shampoo in a twin set with the matching conditioner and wow, im impressed. I was actually looking for the l'oreal professional shine blonde shampoo but the stylist at my hairdresser recommended this instead. I was a bit unsure but purchased it anyway.It was also half price so I ended up paying £10 for 2 huge tubs of shampoo and cond. Firstly the smell of them is amazing! The shampoo smell is slightly stronger than the cond but both are gorgeous. Together they left my hair not only smelling amazing but feeling so silky and soft (l'oreal left my hair slightly dry and 'crunchy') It feels like im running my fingers thru silk and doesnt weigh it down at all! Also this left my hair shiny and brightened up my blonde to a shiny golden light blonde wheras l'oreal would sometimes make it look kinda white. Overall this is amazing and as long as they keep selling this ill keep re buying!!

on 9/8/2006 10:36:00 PM

I bought the Dumb Blonde Shampoo and Reconstructor as a set for 20$. Not bad.
After I first used it, I thought it was really drying even with the Reconstructor conditioner. But, I when I let my hair dry it was smooth, soft, bouncy, and shiny! Kind of makes me think that those other conditioners like Garnier Fructis's 3 minute conditioner which makes your wet hair feel smooth, really in turn way your hair down. The Dumb Blonde duo does the job without waying it down. And the pump is good unless you are traveling with them...I hate that.