December 21, 2014 | 1960 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by kcarideo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall I'm not amazed by this product. I don't notice a huge difference in the health of my hair from using this over an extended period of time. I mainly use this for some reassurance that maybe I'm not TOTALLY destroying my hair, and the extra shine it gives me. Not great, but not horrible either.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have wavy thick hair so it its a process to straighten it and it takes quite some heat unless I want to be doing it all day. I have already put my hair through a couple of bleachings and Colored the tips fire engine red do it has been through a lot and needed alot of protection. So while at Walmart I was about to pick up my regular got 2 b hair protectant then stumbled upon this and it was a couple of cents less then the got2b(can you tell i'm cheap) so I went with this instead. This stuff worked amazing when I sprayed it on my damp hair along with a serum to Blow out my hair then after I blew it out I, put more of this on but not to much since it is water based and I don't want to undo what I have already done. Then I just flat iron my hairand I know it works at protecting because my hair doesn't smell burnt. The only down side is that the smell can be annoying after a while and the nozzle trends to leak

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by legitlashes

i was in desperate need of a heat protecter because i have long and thick wavy hair that i frequently style. i had read/heard amazing things about this product , so i decided to buy it...
BIG MISTAKE !!
i washed and conditioned my hair as usual , towel dried my it and sprayed about 4-5 pumps into my hair.
the smell was alright, but as soon as it hit my hair it made my hair hard. i tried to comb through it but it wouldnt untangle. after finally getting a comb through it i dried it completly and my hair felt like HAY .
do not buy , invest in a better product . STAY AWAYYYY

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gone through 2 bottles of this, thinking that if all the Youtube gurus love it, it must work right? Then I ran out of my second bottle, and I decided to forego repurchasing and stuck to my Biosilk silk therapy as my heat protectant. This is when I realized, Tresemme heat tamer doesn't do jack for my hair. My hair turned out exactly the same, if not better, when heat styling without it. My hair is thick and coarse, and Biosilk on its own took care of the heat protecting factor.

So honestly, I think it's better to invest in a good heat protectant serum that also smooths, like Biosilk - you get more bang from you buck that way. I went through this spray very quickly (a month at most) and I feel like a lot of the product got lost in the spray. I prefer a serum or cream that I can control better. For the price, it's ok, but didn't make a world of a difference for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Honestly, this product saved my hair. Every time I would blow dry and straighten, my hair had the most annoying, dried out, unruly texture. Before blow drying and styling, I spray this on my damp hair, distribute it, and my hair now looks smooth and shiny and bouncy! I feel like this is my new miracle product that helps my hair to behave! Even after straightening which is a challenge. Thank God for this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ahusk75

The smell of this doesn't bother me, it's nice but I'm not convinced it's doing anything for my hair. For reference my hair is shoulder length, thin, wavy. I don't notice any difference in less frizz or less damage sadly.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is very affordable and doesn't leave any noticeable residue.

So, why wouldn't I repurchase this?
1. I must be the only person in the world who doesn't care for the scent. It's subtle, but it lingers all day and sometimes I catch a whiff of it when I move my head.
2. I have thick, coarse hair and I feel like I need to invest in a cream or lotion protectant for my hair type. A light mist feels insufficient.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

this is a great affordable heat protectant - it works well, smells great and is super easy to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by xoxpinkxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not too convinced that this product 'protects' my hair from the heat. I have used this for such a long time and maybe for some people it works, but for me, I'm not too sure. I can't really tell a difference, but I use this anyways just for the satisfaction of feeling like I'm protecting my hair even if it's just a little. I really like the smell of it too. The cons would be the packaging, it really sucks and can easily be leaked out if your traveling so make sure it's secure and locked. It's really affordable, I believe 3$? I don't exactly remember but quite worth it to try out since pretty much everyone has this on youtube and it's so hyped up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This doesn't make my hair feel sticky like other heat protectants. And a friend of mine in class always asks what "perfume" I'm wearing whenever I use this :) overall, a nice product at a great price!