August 29, 2014 | 1197 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. Like, not love. It glides on smoothly, does not make my dry skin stand out, has good lasting ability.
I still have to put moisturizer under it. I have very dry skin, I have to put moisturizer on under everything so that is not a big deal. So I wash my face, apply a thin layer of L'Oreal Age Perfect Golden Balm and (if a really dry spell or really cold outside and I'm going out) then a small amount of (high glycerin which is also your primary ingredient in Algenist) Avon Moisture Therapy Hand Cream (yes, to my face).

Now I apply the Smashbox primer. It goes on smoothly and wears well. For hours. I can apply Tarte 12-hour BB Tinted Primer and it wears well. Only the Tarte wears even better over MUFE HD primer and it does not feel like rubber on my face. Smashbox DOES feel like rubber on my face. An odd rubbery feeling. That is what I deducted 1 lippie for.

So I can wear Smashbox. But I prefer MUFE HD Primer if wearing Tarte or something sheer. And, I prefer MISSHA M BB Boomer if wearing a Korean BB cream because it also does not leave me with the rubbery feel, costs less and (yes it has that light "glow") the "glow" to MISSHA M BB Boomer is not a problem if you are as "Twilight" white as I am anyway.

So 4 lippies for hours of wearability in a variety of weather conditions, ability to make face appear flawless when applied under Tarte 12-hour BB or regular foundation and not making my very dry skin look like one of those faces on Mt. Rushmore. 1 lippie off for making my face feel rubbery and, I think; thus probably being somewhat comedogenic if worn for a prolonged period of time.

Kind of expensive at $34 for a 1 ounce tube at Sephora. But worth trying in Try it kit size, sample or Travel or GWP size to see if it works for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by asherzoby

As with most smashbox primer, this one has a silicon feel when you apply it to your face. So your face ends up feeling nice and silky, but i can't help wondering if it would clog my pores. the SA at sephora assured me otherwise, but my skin feels so poreless and silicon-y and dry that i cannot help but wonder.

anyway, this primer does help to keep make up on my face for about 2 hours longer. it also reduces shine. i find the product rather expensive though!

I also tried on the sample for photofinish primer in purple to reduce my yellow tones. it works very nicely, makes me look less "yellowish". i also tried the sample for Make Up Forever in 002 purple, and that one made me look fairer. both have pretty good staying power and does not clog my pores out.

this seems pricer than the MUFE though, so i will probably be buying the MUFE since i love having a fairer complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by scapp

I first tried this product through a sample I received. I absolutely loved this primer! It worked great under my foundation, and I have been using it on my eyes as well to hold my shadow in place. It held my makeup in place the entire day, and went on smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I've never bought this in the full size because I could never justify spending like $30-$40 on primer. BUT I have bough several times in the small version with the twist cap at Ulta. I feel like this is the best primer I've tried. It's clear and smooths on the skin easily so a little goes a long way. It does seem to make makeup go on smoothly and stay longer. Overall I really like this primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by RiriG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second tube now after having it for over a year using pretty much every day. Really great stuff for me, I love the silicone smooth feel it leaves on my face. Makes my makeup last much much longer with a smooth finish! I love it day to day however on the odd day I find it a little greasy if my face is feeling particularly greasy on that day. ( which is why I rated it a 4/5) but I am yet to find a better primer.
Coming to the end of the tube I could clearly see there was a little more in the tube but I could t squeeze it out, so I cut the tube open to finish it off. But I could only do this for about a week before it started to harden. I was scraping the absolute last of it by the end so in no way did I waste a lot of it. Overall I think its great

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Pinkperfect10

I actually really like this product. At first, I didn't really use a primer but this was my first one. I noticed a difference right away, especially on how much more smooth my male up looked when applied. I have some finer lines around my eyes and laugh lines so this product helped from preventing my make up from getting built into those lines.
I have acne prone skin but I use a pore refiner serum before using this product so I didn't really notice any breaks out from it.
Overall, I would purchase this again and I've been using this tube for about a year now and it's lasted me so long!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by kellyscott55

This is a fantastic primer! I've bought this product many times and I love it. It does have a shelf life (it will get kinda gummy). You can't play with this too much while applying or it will roll off your face. It makes my face so smooth and flawless looking.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jeanniewalker

Another product i was suckered into buying that is over priced. I really don't see any benefits from this product. I bounce back in forth from this primer to another. The other seems to work better on my skin. But since I paid so much money for this primer I'm determined to use it. I'm still on the search for a cheaper primer. The search will continue.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm another one who got breakouts from this -- and when I compared it to the much cheaper Hard Candy primer (available at Walmart), the Hard Candy minimized my pores noticeably better. Both went on smoothly and left a nice finish but the hard candy even worked better under foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by graysuit

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the meow of primers! Meow! Love it. I know many girls complain of breakouts using this primer, but for me it is the opposite. I love the way it glides on and keeps my makeup on throughout the day. I have purchased my third bottle. I have tried other primers, but many are dry and make my foundation hard to apply. If I need a backup, I use the NYC Primer. Smashbox is pricy, but worth the price when I have to choose a product that does not break me out. Again, I love this product and I will continue to buy it. :)