Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 10/11/2013 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It does a great job in makin my skin appear smoother, making scars less visible and pores smaller. It also blends in with my foundation perfectly and stayed on for hours. However it comes with the worst downside ever, terrible breakouts i ever had since highschool. If it wasn't for that, I'd definitely buy this again.

on 10/10/2013 4:15:00 PM

This is the first primer I've ever used, so really have nothing to compare it to.
However I've found it to work pretty well at keeping my makeup in place. I like the texture as it goes. I wouldn't say that it smooths out my complexion though.
I think this tube will last me a long time, but when it runs out I'll be looking at other brands.

on 10/8/2013 8:23:00 PM

I have normal skin, dehydrated in the winter, sometimes shiny, or in the summer atleast. This is an OK primer. Its not good, its not bad. It does nothing for making makeup look better on my skin because this + dry skin + foundation alone still doesnt cut it. But if you have an awesome moisturizer and let it set on your skin before you use this primer, i assume this would be a good primer. Maybe go for the hydrating one instead, but that one smells a tad weird, plus it feels more like a moisturizer than a base for makeup, and then you can just go get a real moisturizer -_- Dont really know what to say about this one yet, but Im already looking at other primers to try, like prime time or shu umera base mousse or something. Maybe hourglas.

I have never in my life had skin problems or breakouts, so when last week I bought Smashbox photo finish primer and tried it, I was horrified to have an acne-type reaction that is itchy and swollen in the places I applied the primer. I thought I might read further reviews on the product and I wish I'd done so before I spent a lot of money on something that creates havoc with skin - it's not a breakout hazard for everyone, of course, but it seems an all too-common occurrence. Not happy. Not happy with the expensive product producing this kind of reaction and not happy with the money I now have to pay to fix my skin.

I've enjoyed using this product. I have a sample of it. This product works well with me because I have dry skin and it goes on very smooth and leaves my foundation with a nice, poreless finish. I'm not too crazy about it since I never use primer because I don't have the problem of my face makeup not staying on. I would never buy it because I find it ridiculous to pay around $40 for a face primer. I've enjoyed using the sample. I will say that it does look very smooth on my dry skin.

on 9/24/2013 1:22:00 PM

I used a lot of primers and personally this is my favorite it keeps my makeup on all day. love love love

on 9/16/2013 10:04:00 AM

I got this as a sample and was eager to try because of all the great reviews. It started out good and made my skin soft. Pores were diminished. Makeup went on fine. But by the afternoon, everything changed. It seemed to make my skin drag down. Pores and wrinkles seemed larger. I couldn't believe it. Tried again the next day and the same thing happened. Glad this was a sample, I would not buy it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received a sample of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in an Ipsy Glam Bag. I have never been impressed with any primer except this one. After I moisturizer my face, I apply a tiny bit of this to my cheeks and nose ( a little bit goes a long way). It fills in all of the pores on my face and leaves it looking so smooth, fresh, and youthful. My only complaint is that overtime my skin has an annoying itchy feeling, but I do have very sensitive skin.This product is a bit pricey if you are on a budget. I will repurchase for weddings or other special occasions. :)

on 9/7/2013 6:51:00 PM

I will never use this again. My face has NEVER broken out so bad as it did when I used this. I only used this twice and I am still trying to get my skin to clear up over a week later!!

on 8/26/2013 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I had a sample of this. I was actually amazed at how smooth it made my skin look, even before I put on foundation. I used this under powder mineral makeup and I was very happy with how it applied over the primer. It didn't really do anything for oil though. It's also crazy expensive. I'm not sure if I want to commit and buy a full sized product since it's about $40 when you include tax.