October 25, 2014 | 947 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 5:50:00 AM More reviews by sarahlou37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

outstanding! the best all round foundation, perfect coverage yet so light and non drying with flawless results, it goes on beautiful when sprayed onto a brush. Ive tried all sorts of brands all expensive but this was worth every penny, and i will buy it again. i do recommend this product,its gorgoeus.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by kellkell2002

I have very acne prone skin. Breathing the wrong way can make me break out. I also have a lot of redness. This product is so quick and easy to use, looks great and lasts so long. The price is steep but the quality of the product is spot on! I use this for special occasions!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ahhhh, this might be one of my MUST HAVES!

I adore this liquid foundation in an aerosol! It's beautiful!!!!

There's 3 ways to apply it or that's what they told me at my product knowledge class.

1. With a kabuki brush to roll it onto your skin then buff it in
2. Zig zag spray to the face
3. Spray a puddle to the back of your hand and use a foundation brush for maximum coverage.

I always switch up my application.

The only cons about this product is: the price(duh wouldn't be always wish something is always cheaper than it really is..haha but it's Christian Dior, come on.)

and the color selection. But their all build able so if it's too dark for you then don't build it :) the can is at your own control.

I love it, I couldn't recommend it any more than I already have. It's well worth it and last a while

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by hollygb22

I was a big Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer girl but I always looked so shiny with it. I also had issues with it getting everywhere, I'd touch my face and touch a piece of paper at work and would have huge fingerprints..also on collars of shirts, etc. So, I decided to try something new when it ran out.

A friend suggested this and I LOVE it. I have skin that gets shiny, somewhat acne prone, and big pores on my nose. I've never gotten such great coverage that lasts.

If you're going through this product fast, you're probably not applying it right. I spray it on a kabuki brush and apply it that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by melliepoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lightweight feeling, yet provides full coverage. What more could you ask for! People can't believe how natural lit looks. This product makes it look easy to fake a healthy complexion. The only thing that makes me cringe is the price =/ I can't purchase this all the time...it's more of an indulgence if I have the funds for it, but it's completely worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by gerlx1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After years of searching and trying every powder and liquid foundation, this is my HG. Colour goes on so beautifully and light as air, but gives great buildable coverage.
Yes very expensive but well worth it. Beautiful product.
Oh and like everyone else who is commenting, you definately need to apply with a nice big brush : )

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by meluvsprettys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MIRACLE! I have very oily skin with very large pores. No matter what I do, my makeup breaks down and i have to apply blotting tissue, translucent powder and then a light dusting of powder for coverage.

amazingly, not with diorskin airflash! no makeup deterioration, way less shine, and uber fantastic coverage and pore minimizing effects.

only pitfall is price and few choice of colors. for me, it's worth the extra $$$, and I had no problem color matching. Others might, though....

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by sxs

Why do I let make up ladies talk me into things that I KNOW I shouldn't buy? Of course, right after she put the foundation on me, it looked great. And, of course, $60 poorer and a few hours later, I looked in the mirror and realized that this is not a product with much lasting power. This is a product for someone with skin that doesn't get shiny on the forehead and nose. This is a product that costs $60, gives medium coverage, and kind of melts/slides off oily spots. WHY do I let them talk me into these things??

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by xrainbowbarf

I LOVE this foundation. Adore it.

It may seem as though you're wasting a lot of the product if you're not applying it correctly, but you have to use a big round brush for this. If you use a big round brush and not a sponge (honestly, it doesnt even make sense to use a sponge for any foundation, sponges soak up the majority of the product and hardly give good, even coverage for large spaces), the foundation will apply beautifully AND it will last. I have had my can for well over 2 months now and its nowhere near finishing. If this product is wasting away on your really quickly, you need to look at how you're applying it because trust me, it lasts.
Spray it on the brush and dab on your face layer by layer. I try not to swirl it around or move it around, this product is very liquidy when its first applied and the last thing I want is to leave brush marks on my face. The other thing is that it layers beautifully. I apply a layer, let it dry and apply another one and there's no inconsistency or patches. It dries wonderfully, but you have to let it dry. It will seem a little wet or shiny at first but it really does dry to a lovely powdery finish. Personally, I use what was left of my mineral makeup translucent powder and its great for south florida weather. It also works very well with other foundations. Ive used it on top of a so-so foundation for kicks and it really made a huge difference. My regular drug store foundation gave terrible coverage but using only one layer of this product on top of it made me look perfect.

Again, the coverage is amazing. I can't place enough emphasis on this because I have never used a foundation that can offer such fantastic coverage while keeping me looking natural. I have lots of little marks, scars and blemishes on my face that normally require lots of prep and concealer in order to hide. I don't need any of that with this product. On days where I dont have the time to moisturize, prime, and conceal, this foundation will still leave my skin looking pretty flawless. It has an incredibly natural look to it. If I run out of concealer, I can spray a tiny bit of it on a concealer brush and it covers well enough to substitute. My skin has also gotten a million times better since using it - I was having serious problems with breaking out due to liquid foundations and ever since I started using AirFlash, my skin is beginning to look flawless without it.

Cons -
The major con is in the color selection. I'm very light but I am still olive toned and I had to use the lightest shade and I know I'm darker than many people. I have to be careful when I contour because I will look tanner than what I really am. Hell, I know that during the winter time it will be hard for me to use this. I may have to pair it with a very light tinted moisturizer so that it wont be TOO dark or apply a lighter finishing powder. Regardless, if you're within the color range, this is such a fantastic product. If not, sorry it doesn't work with your tone. This is something Dior really needs to work on.

Price - $60 is steep. Its not TOO steep, but its steep. If price is a big deal for you, I would still suggest this product only I would keep it for special events where you need too look especially flawless. I've found that using a tinted moisturizer first really helps in having to use less of the product so for those saying that it wastes quickly, try using a big round brush to catch all of the spray and try using a tinted moisturizer as a base. While this product has lasted me about two months so far, I cut many corners as to prevent using so much of it and I think it would be nice if a bigger size was sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by taolyang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are issues with this foundation BUT it's always the one I come back to- I'm on my third one!

About myself:
I am on the lighter side of MAC NC25, combination skin and recently been having huge breakouts- so I have been placed on a acne regimen which has been making my skin peel and constantly break out (apparently after this horrible stage its suppose to get better- or thats what they tell me). I use no. 200 in Dior Airflash

When I initially started using this foundation, I had pretty much perfect skin and I sprayed on the foundation directly to my face as the instructions on the bottle said and it was pretty good, I did go over it quickly with a foundation brush to blend it in better but overall spraying directly works (there is some peach fuzz affect thats why a brush helps). The only issue with spraying is that it gets everywhere- your earrings, hair, eyebrows--your eyelashes. (Everything does come off with water). The MA at the Dior counter who introduced this product to me said she sprays it directly onto the foundation brush and then puts its on- this works very well but I think it uses up more product than if you directly apply to your skin and at the price of this product ...that's a concern--but it does work better that way.

So then came my breakout---THIS STUFF SAVED MY LIFE. Have you ever tried to put foundation over patches of peeling skin and random pimples at different stages? It's horrible it accentuates everything! Not this! I didn't even need concealer- (I couldn't find one that didn't cling to my dry patches) it was perfect, it was like someone airbrushed my face and the foundation gently cover all the imperfections! I didn't use a foundation brush this time or any brush in fear that it might push the foundation into dry patches- but the coverage was still excellent. Plus it only took 1 min! (compared to 20min shuffling between concealer and liquid foundation) Of course, pimples- its not gonna make them go away but it does cover it up well enough to make it look like your skin but with a bump!
Best part is, theres some excellent oil control- you will get a little oily after 5hrs but that's nothing a blotting paper can't help. Additionally, pimples which tend to be very oily doesn't melt this foundation,which I found was very much the case of many concealers.

Bottom Line:
Pros:
-Easy application- literally spray and go!
-Oil control very good.
-Excellent coverage and great for covering dry patches and acne without accentuating them.

Cons:
-The color seems to lean a little pink, not a surprise with most dior foundations -but I did see the comment about how it is more neutral if you apply it with a brush.
-The foundation shade selection is limited.
-Expensive
-Nozzle can get clogged.