November 27, 2014 | 1680 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by CottonSocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I bought this product after reading all the great reviews here. It was £33, which is quite expensive, but since I had tried Lancôme Teint Idole in colour 010 before and MaxFactor Colour Adapt, I wanted to try something different lol.
...
Lancôme teint idole was a perfect colour and foundation for me, but at the end of the day, my face would be either too shiny, or some places would look flaky. So, I bought Dior Air Flash. Till now no regrets!
...
I read many reviews here and the bad ones consisted of: the color choices (not an issue for me thank God. Am a 200), the fact that it oxidizes and turns orange (haven’t seen that) and the fact that the first ingredient is Butane and it also contains Propane.
...
So I did some research. It is an aerosol, so instead of using CFCs, which are harmful to the environment, Butane is used as the aerosol propellant. Here is what I found:
As aerosols, Butane and Propane are greatly diluted in air when discharged. It is estimated that, as propellants, they would remain on the skin no longer than 10 seconds.
Because they evaporate quickly, these ingredients, even in foam products would not remain in contact with the skin longer than 10 seconds.
Such a short period of contact makes the absence of sensitization, photo-toxicity, and photosensitization studies unimportant.
Also, exposure standards have already been set by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and most of the substance is volatilized before it can come in contact with the skin.
...
So great news right guys?! I am happy that it would cause no harm, and is like other regular foundations. But will give you the most natural look ever with amazing coverage!
The only issue with Dior Air-Flash is the price.
I will edit this review later on when I use the product more, but for now, I really wanted to clear up the issue of why Butane is used. I am a pharmacist, and hopefully people who were worried will not be not be any more.
...
Oh, Butane and propane is also used in shaving cream, hair spray (my one is TRESemme and Butane is used), deodorants etc etc :)

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaBlossom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very versatile product. Unfortunately, the price is it's only downside. I prefer to use this on top of liquid foundation- gives you a flawless look! I also prefer to spray onto a kabuki brush and buff it into the skin as opposed to spraying the product directly onto skin. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you want to appear flawless (and poreless) in about 3 seconds, this is your foundation.
I do use a silicone primer with it, only because I don't want it to interfere with my current skin care regime (Baltic Collagen). I wrap my hair in a towel first, and I recommend that you do, too, or it will definitely land in your hairline. One quick Z-shaped spritz does the trick. Sometimes I will spray a big kabuki brush with a jot more and do my eyelids and under eye areas with it. Another 5 seconds. Done!
I give it 5 minutes to dry and the finish is an airbrushed satin glow. I use the lightest color for my NC20 skin and it is a perfect match.
I have never used a full coverage foundation that looks this natural, and this lit-from-within. Nor one that takes only seconds to achieve the results. While $60 is a lot to pay, I have paid that for mediocre brands (looking at you, Edward Bess) that took a lot more time to apply. I do wish, though, that they put more product in the cannister. And while I may continue to whine about this, I will also continue to buy this product.
Unlike the poster below, I get a lot more mileage with it. About 45 - 50 applications using it daily. Almost 2 months.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Only 4/5 lippies because the lightest shade (200 Light Beige) is just a tad too warm and a tad too dark for me most of the year. In summer, it's perfect. It has a lovely scent and if you master the application (which is super fast & easy) it's a joy not a hassle. I spray an O and a Z shape quickly, directly on my face with my eyes closed and hair pulled back, then buff in with a stippling brush. I follow with a spritz directly onto the same brush and get the undereye area and other spots that may need some direct coverage. Buff again and viola! Flawless, pretty skin.
$60 for a little can is pricey, but it does last if you're not wasteful with it and for an almost ideal foundation it's worth it. I've been using it about 2 yrs now on and off. I keep being seduced by other fntdtns in lighter shades for a true color match but always come back to this trusty can.
Sigh, I just wish they made a paler shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 5:50:00 AM More reviews by sarahlou37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

outstanding! the best all round foundation, perfect coverage yet so light and non drying with flawless results, it goes on beautiful when sprayed onto a brush. Ive tried all sorts of brands all expensive but this was worth every penny, and i will buy it again. i do recommend this product,its gorgoeus.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by kellkell2002

I have very acne prone skin. Breathing the wrong way can make me break out. I also have a lot of redness. This product is so quick and easy to use, looks great and lasts so long. The price is steep but the quality of the product is spot on! I use this for special occasions!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ahhhh, this might be one of my MUST HAVES!

I adore this liquid foundation in an aerosol! It's beautiful!!!!

There's 3 ways to apply it or that's what they told me at my product knowledge class.

1. With a kabuki brush to roll it onto your skin then buff it in
2. Zig zag spray to the face
3. Spray a puddle to the back of your hand and use a foundation brush for maximum coverage.

I always switch up my application.

The only cons about this product is: the price(duh wouldn't be always wish something is always cheaper than it really is..haha but it's Christian Dior, come on.)

and the color selection. But their all build able so if it's too dark for you then don't build it :) the can is at your own control.

I love it, I couldn't recommend it any more than I already have. It's well worth it and last a while

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by hollygb22

I was a big Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer girl but I always looked so shiny with it. I also had issues with it getting everywhere, I'd touch my face and touch a piece of paper at work and would have huge fingerprints..also on collars of shirts, etc. So, I decided to try something new when it ran out.

A friend suggested this and I LOVE it. I have skin that gets shiny, somewhat acne prone, and big pores on my nose. I've never gotten such great coverage that lasts.

If you're going through this product fast, you're probably not applying it right. I spray it on a kabuki brush and apply it that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by melliepoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lightweight feeling, yet provides full coverage. What more could you ask for! People can't believe how natural lit looks. This product makes it look easy to fake a healthy complexion. The only thing that makes me cringe is the price =/ I can't purchase this all the time...it's more of an indulgence if I have the funds for it, but it's completely worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by gerlx1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After years of searching and trying every powder and liquid foundation, this is my HG. Colour goes on so beautifully and light as air, but gives great buildable coverage.
Yes very expensive but well worth it. Beautiful product.
Oh and like everyone else who is commenting, you definately need to apply with a nice big brush : )