April 24, 2014 | 1072 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Gammagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This products really lived up to what it claims to do. I really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by mdlvsmakeup

I believe the same thig can be done with an eyeshadow, when I used this it look so white, i really had to blend it alot and than didnt seem to find a difference from before I put it on, it is nice for the inner corners of your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by 8hourcream

I have tried a few benefit "fix its" but for me they have never really lived up to their promises.

This one is fab though - I love the creamyness of the texture, and i like the way it makes the eyes pop. Although highlighting under the brow is a no brainer, sometimes shimmer is not the best thing, especially if you have a large area and small lids (like me) so its great that this is matte.

You still need to blend it, but I really like this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 12:24:00 PM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Before I purchased this product, I read a lot of mixed reviews on it. In the end, I knew the only way to know if it would work for me, was to just buy it.. and I'm glad I did! I love how smooth it goes on, and the color highlights the brows perfectly. It's great for days when you need to cover up extra hairs, but I use it every single day. Even when I'm not wearing make up. I have been using this product for over a week now, and haven't had any issues with the pencil breaking, or having to even sharpen it. The way I'm going, it looks like I'll be using this product for a long time, before I have to sharpen it again. Will definately buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by triciazohn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a good basic tool. I usually use MAC Vanilla pigment or one of several other shadows to highlight. But I found this product was a great "go to" brow highlighter when in a rush, or to throw in my bag for touch-ups. If you prefer a "five minute face" (and who doesn't, sometimes) this is great. Very easy to blend. Very nice color on most of my friends (except June - her deep complexion really loves more goldy colors).
Me - age 44, fair/medium, auburn/hazel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

I waited to review this product until I had a chance to sharpen it - and it sharpened just fine with a GWP Clinique sharpener. I don't need a super fine point to use this product, and I didn't bother to try and sharpen High Brow into one b/c sharpening, in general, wastes product. Like most people, I usually use an e/s to highlight my browbone- my favs are MAC Vanilla pigment, BB White, and BB Bone. Then I received High Brow in a swap and have been pleasantly surprised by how much I use it and what a difference it makes. My eyebrows are long, and they tend to grow downwards - thus if they're not perfectly in place they can cast tiny shadows on my browbone. High Brow perfecty highlights the area without shimmer. High Brow is a pale pink pencil - not too jumbo so it doesn't feel clumsy in the hands- and applies like a dream. Creamy and easy to blend - but too much looks chalky; it doesn't feel chalky but b/c of the light color, that's how it looks. So I just take High Brow and draw a line underneath my brows and blend. For the no-makeup days, High Brow is perfect for adding polish without using e/s- it brightens the whole eye area for a subtle effect. Also, I use it at the inner corners of my eyes and it lasts fairly long. I will buy again! For reference: NC30, Asian, yellow-neutral. Brunette/brown eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've always used highlighters under the arch of my brow when I want a little extra pop, and this pencil is designed to do just that. It's a creamy, slightly pink shade (almost identical to Eye Bright actually, so I'd recommend just buying this one and using it in the inner corners of eyes too) that blends easily and gives that extra polish. Basic but good.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Bratt_the_Catt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

makes my brows look nicely arched, which they are not. It goes on a bit chalky sometimes, so I have to moisturize well before applying. Its great for when I don't want to do much to my face but still want to look polished. Yay highbrow!

Edited to add that I'd rather just use a hilighting shadow and I would not re-purchase. My skin is ultra dry in the winter, and for me, this gets too chalky for winter use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2007 3:16:00 PM More reviews by barbiegirl62

I really like this! It definitely makes my eyebrows look higher and more defined. The only problem is that it comes off very chalky - sometimes, I have to rub it in to get the look I like. Lasts a long time - worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2007 2:48:00 AM More reviews by bluemelon

This is a chalky pink highlighter which is great for highlighting the area just below the brow. I think previous reviewers have mentioned that you have to be careful with the amount you apply because otherwise it looks tacky. Also, it doesn't work well if you have dry flaky skin around that area, which I do because I have eczema, so I have to ensure that area is properly moisturised.

The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is because I think this will last me a very long time.