September 22, 2014 | 2008 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Brow

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by swti

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i realized the importance that beautiful eyebrows make to the face, and bought this on a recent visit to sephora to help enhance my arch. its perfectly matte, easily blendable and goes on silky smooth. and since this pencil is so convenient compared to loose/pressed pigments i easily incorporated it into my routine. great if you want to splurge for that little extra.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2008 9:29:00 PM More reviews by curiouslystrongbombshell

I have been happy with the High Brow highlighter. It makes a good illusion if you put it underneath your arch or anywhere you wish to high light. It also looks great underneath the end of your brow line too, but make sure you blend! Blending is the secret to this product because when you first put it on, it's very white until you blend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by melbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another great way to use this pencil is on your waterline! I saw in a magazine that filling in your waterline with a light nude pencil will make small eyes seem larger, and it works like a charm. The color and consistency of this pencil make it just right for my PPP complexion. I love that I found a new way to use this pencil, and saved myself $$ by using it instead of purchasing Paula Dorf's Enhancer pencil, which does the same thing as High Brow for me. So if you think High Brow is a little too matte for under your brow, try it on your waterline instead!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 12:17:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got it as a Xmas gift and I have to say that it was unexpected but good! I find some of the benefit product to be weird and not very useful or very appealing, but since it was a gift and I love their eyeshadows, I gave it a try: It's magical!!
It gives that extra something to the eyes....I tried to do that with cream eyeshadow but it looked "powdered" instead of matte and subtle. Don't wanna look like a drag queen.....lol
This pencil is really great, though I would never have thought of buying it, since I don't see it as an essential....
And it's pricey for what it is....(20 euros in Sephora Paris)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Gammagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This products really lived up to what it claims to do. I really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by mdlvsmakeup

I believe the same thig can be done with an eyeshadow, when I used this it look so white, i really had to blend it alot and than didnt seem to find a difference from before I put it on, it is nice for the inner corners of your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by 8hourcream

I have tried a few benefit "fix its" but for me they have never really lived up to their promises.

This one is fab though - I love the creamyness of the texture, and i like the way it makes the eyes pop. Although highlighting under the brow is a no brainer, sometimes shimmer is not the best thing, especially if you have a large area and small lids (like me) so its great that this is matte.

You still need to blend it, but I really like this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 12:24:00 PM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Before I purchased this product, I read a lot of mixed reviews on it. In the end, I knew the only way to know if it would work for me, was to just buy it.. and I'm glad I did! I love how smooth it goes on, and the color highlights the brows perfectly. It's great for days when you need to cover up extra hairs, but I use it every single day. Even when I'm not wearing make up. I have been using this product for over a week now, and haven't had any issues with the pencil breaking, or having to even sharpen it. The way I'm going, it looks like I'll be using this product for a long time, before I have to sharpen it again. Will definately buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by triciazohn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a good basic tool. I usually use MAC Vanilla pigment or one of several other shadows to highlight. But I found this product was a great "go to" brow highlighter when in a rush, or to throw in my bag for touch-ups. If you prefer a "five minute face" (and who doesn't, sometimes) this is great. Very easy to blend. Very nice color on most of my friends (except June - her deep complexion really loves more goldy colors).
Me - age 44, fair/medium, auburn/hazel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

I waited to review this product until I had a chance to sharpen it - and it sharpened just fine with a GWP Clinique sharpener. I don't need a super fine point to use this product, and I didn't bother to try and sharpen High Brow into one b/c sharpening, in general, wastes product. Like most people, I usually use an e/s to highlight my browbone- my favs are MAC Vanilla pigment, BB White, and BB Bone. Then I received High Brow in a swap and have been pleasantly surprised by how much I use it and what a difference it makes. My eyebrows are long, and they tend to grow downwards - thus if they're not perfectly in place they can cast tiny shadows on my browbone. High Brow perfecty highlights the area without shimmer. High Brow is a pale pink pencil - not too jumbo so it doesn't feel clumsy in the hands- and applies like a dream. Creamy and easy to blend - but too much looks chalky; it doesn't feel chalky but b/c of the light color, that's how it looks. So I just take High Brow and draw a line underneath my brows and blend. For the no-makeup days, High Brow is perfect for adding polish without using e/s- it brightens the whole eye area for a subtle effect. Also, I use it at the inner corners of my eyes and it lasts fairly long. I will buy again! For reference: NC30, Asian, yellow-neutral. Brunette/brown eyes.