MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

on 1/3/2009 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a very pretty color, and it is very unique but not a must have for me

on 11/27/2008 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect highlight color. When your unsure what to go for, reach for this--it will not disappoint. This is one of those duochrome colors- A multidimensional shade that seems to work create with all sorts of colors from browns to reds to greens to purple to pinks--I mean really everything. It looks very meh in the pan but once on it unbelievable. Definitely give it a try--luckily you have the time since it's not an LE item!!

on 10/23/2008 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was one of my first eye shadow purchases from MAC. This color is very unique. I like it but I don't use it everyday. I feel it is a color every MAC addict like myself has in their collection.

on 10/21/2008 4:05:00 PM

Vex is a very unusual color, even by MAC's standards. It's a sort of sea foam green with purple and blue iridescence. I didn't expect to like it based on the description/swatch online, but it was beautiful in person.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time getting it to show up on my pale, neutral-cool-toned skin (NW20). I have that problem with a lot of light shadows, probably because there's not enough contrast between my skin and the shadow to make them pop, and while that's not a bad thing with neutrals, with something like this it can make me look a little sickly or strange.

Vex doesn't really go on green on my lids. I get more of a wash of subtle iridescence that could be very pretty if it showed up more. It pairs well with pale purples (like Urban Decay's Asphyxia) or greys and would look good on its own if it popped more on me.

PROS: (1) pretty, iridescent color; (2) has the potential to be versatile and fun to wear.

CONS: (1) doesn't show up well on me.

on 9/17/2008 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using Mac shadows since they first came out, way before Estee Lauder bought the company, and can't believe I haven't reviewed many of the ones I use, especially Vex. I know there are mixed reviews on this one, but I have to say that this is my HG e/s that I have hit pan on more than any other e/s, about once a year!!! I use it all the time with everything! It is the most enigmatic, mutidimentional color there is and I never tire of it. So many reviewers have described it perfectly, but what I love about it most is that it has so many different colors packed into one shade! It is subtle enough to wear alone with a liner like Contrast or Carbon or can be layered with every single e/s color on the planet. I reach for it when I'm in a hurry or when I have lots of time. If I had to choose one e/s this would be it. I pray that it's never discontinued, EVER!! Run out and get this and see for yourself how amazing it is!!!

on 7/1/2008 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is one of my favorite mac eyeshadows because it is a versatile color. I usually use it when i do a smoky eye or as subtle wash when i do not feel like wearing a lot of eye make up. I found it easy to apply and blend the eyeshadow better when the brush is a bit wet.

on 6/16/2008 3:39:00 PM

Eugh, this color just makes whatever I have on look muddy. To me it's like the dirty gray that white sneakers get after you've been wearing them for a month. Perverted Pearl looks a lot better.

on 4/17/2008 9:08:00 PM

Such an interesting shadow. I wore this today with Plumage in the crease and Brule as a highlight, very pretty. Oddly enough this green combination made the pink irridecence in VEX really standout. Vex looks great with Satin Taupe as well, but my favorite combination is Vex all over the lid, Sketch in the crease and a little bit of Carbon in the outer <.

on 3/30/2008 5:34:00 PM

I....um...don't know how I feel about this eyeshadow. I saw it on someone else and it was amazing but I cant seem to make it work that well for myself. On my hand it looks great but on my eyelids it doesnt really show up, especially the duochrome..it just looks like a light mint green. If anyone has any tricks to make this look awesome I'd love to hear them. I might repurchase still chasing that look I saw on someone else though...maybe I juast havent found the right combination eyeshadows to pair it with?

on 3/25/2008 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Can't understand the hype... didn't match it with browns though, but on my e/l it's hardly there. Love the fact that is duochrome, it's fun to see the effect :)
Tanja