December 20, 2014 | 1360 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2004 2:46:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

The MA dusted all over my face and for about 5 minutes it looked great. I bought the shimmerbrick thinking my bronzer woes were over. Got in my car and my face started itching and then the burning started. Continued until my face felt like fire ants were biting it. Had to go home immediately and wash my face! This product is not for me--something in this does not agree w/ my very sensitve rosacea. So another return; when will I learn?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2004 5:38:00 PM More reviews by fragglerockette

I have the pink shimmer brick compact. I was a little hestitant to buy it since it's $35 and I was already buying a blush, but it was definitely worth it. It looks great on eyes and lasts, though if you overdo it you can end up looking like you have pink eye. It's perfect for adding a glow to cheeks and looks great over blush. A word of warning: if your skin is at all dry, this compact will make your pores look huge. Overall, a wonderful product, especially for the superpale.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2004 7:41:00 PM More reviews by melchu84

I am into the sheer shimmery look for spring and I think this bronzer did just the trick. It works everywhere, on the cheeks, eyes and i even dab a lil on my finger and apply it to my lips for an overall glow. Makes my skin look really fresh. The easy swoop motion using the brush and swiping all the colors only takes one stroke to gather color onto the brush. No need to mix, or swoop over the color brick ten million times as with some cheap bronzing products. I think its a great add for spring/summer and I agree with the lady at the counter who said "it looks like u've just spent 20 minutes on your eyes with just one sweep".

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2004 9:08:00 AM More reviews by atomickitten65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beige Shimmerbrick is great. I have pale skin and it goes very well...not streaky or orangey looking...Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2004 7:14:00 PM More reviews by PJBX

I have to admit, I have all 3 shimmerbricks---and I rank them like this: 1. Beige--- perfectly sheer, neutral --I love it for daytime on my eyelids 2. Bronze--I kinda like the russet shades in it-- but bought it when it first came out and probably should've tossed it by now 3. Pink--I thought I would look more luminous during the cool months wearing this, but still felt quite pasty--only lasted a few weeks before my 4 yr old (a rising diva herself) destroyed--pulverized---it! In general, I love Bobbi products and feel this was worth the $35-- absolutely!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2004 12:02:00 AM More reviews by nightbird84

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, this stuff is fabuluous! I had tried the Shimmer pink a few weeks ago and it was a mess on my skin so just forgot about it. Well I went to Saks the other day and tried the bronze one and HELLO! I couldn't believe how fabulous my skin looked. I tried it again at home after I bought it over my blush and it's fabulous. I definately feel like I have a glow and I always feel so pasty so this stuff was great. It really made a difference in my skin. I will for sure use it everday and can't wait to try it as eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2004 2:06:00 AM More reviews by poohstyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently bought the new shimmer brick in the line. It is called Beige. And just like the other 2 shimmer bricks, I love it. I could never do without them. They are the best. As I read the posts, I am shocked that this product could get any rating other then a 5. The colors blended or singly are beautiful. The go on very light and sheer and they are buildable and easily layered if one wants to do so. The bricks can be used with each other. The bronze shimmer brick with the pink one over it is so pretty. My daughter laughs because I put them in a row and look at them and I can't decide which is my favorite because I love them all so much. I will continue to buy them all and sing their praises.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2004 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after sheer curiosity, but I'm now wowed by it. It's a neat idea, and pretty compact. Looks great to the eye, but on my cheekbones it left a shimmery mess, and on my eyes it was okay but not that much pigment. My True Color and BE shimmers are nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2004 8:37:00 AM More reviews by KlassKatie

WOW - this is a-m-a-z-i-n-g... you really do get that film star look... after buying this, although it is pricy, I will not have to buy my usual cheek highlighter as this block is everything rolled into one. I have only recently been trying Bobbi's cosmetic line, but I am well impressed!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2004 5:50:00 PM More reviews by ShellTay

I so wanted to like this! I really like BB! But, I've had the original brick and then tried the new beige one. I disklike both intensely. The original is too orange/red/bronze wierd and beige is too dirt/brown/taupe weird. But, I tend to dislike shimmer on my face no matter how much I love the whole "illumination" concept.