Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

on 5/1/2004 12:26:00 AM

I love to use this product in the summer as a bronzer. All the colors swirled together produce the perfect shade bronzer, balanced with lighter and darker shades of shimmery bronzers/highlighters. It imparts an ethereal glow to my face, especially to my cheeks, that looks very natural, although shimmery. Very beautiful effect. I like to use this instead of blush when I'm going for a more natural look or with colors in that sun-kissed family. The "bricks" can fall out of the compact if it is turned upside down, which could be avoided with better packaging. The one I have is the basic one, not the Pink or Bronze (brown) one. I also have the brush that came in a special set with this, the Bobbi Brown Blush Brush. I like to use the individual colors as eyeshadows, as well as mixed with lipgloss for a great look. It's a multitask product for me. Great item, but a bit expensive for what it is.

on 4/30/2004 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The MA dusted all over my face and for about 5 minutes it looked great. I bought the shimmerbrick thinking my bronzer woes were over. Got in my car and my face started itching and then the burning started. Continued until my face felt like fire ants were biting it. Had to go home immediately and wash my face! This product is not for me--something in this does not agree w/ my very sensitve rosacea. So another return; when will I learn?

I have the pink shimmer brick compact. I was a little hestitant to buy it since it's $35 and I was already buying a blush, but it was definitely worth it. It looks great on eyes and lasts, though if you overdo it you can end up looking like you have pink eye. It's perfect for adding a glow to cheeks and looks great over blush. A word of warning: if your skin is at all dry, this compact will make your pores look huge. Overall, a wonderful product, especially for the superpale.

on 4/23/2004 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am into the sheer shimmery look for spring and I think this bronzer did just the trick. It works everywhere, on the cheeks, eyes and i even dab a lil on my finger and apply it to my lips for an overall glow. Makes my skin look really fresh. The easy swoop motion using the brush and swiping all the colors only takes one stroke to gather color onto the brush. No need to mix, or swoop over the color brick ten million times as with some cheap bronzing products. I think its a great add for spring/summer and I agree with the lady at the counter who said "it looks like u've just spent 20 minutes on your eyes with just one sweep".

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Beige Shimmerbrick is great. I have pale skin and it goes very well...not streaky or orangey looking...Love it!!!

on 4/17/2004 7:14:00 PM

I have to admit, I have all 3 shimmerbricks---and I rank them like this: 1. Beige--- perfectly sheer, neutral --I love it for daytime on my eyelids 2. Bronze--I kinda like the russet shades in it-- but bought it when it first came out and probably should've tossed it by now 3. Pink--I thought I would look more luminous during the cool months wearing this, but still felt quite pasty--only lasted a few weeks before my 4 yr old (a rising diva herself) destroyed--pulverized---it! In general, I love Bobbi products and feel this was worth the $35-- absolutely!

on 4/15/2004 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow, this stuff is fabuluous! I had tried the Shimmer pink a few weeks ago and it was a mess on my skin so just forgot about it. Well I went to Saks the other day and tried the bronze one and HELLO! I couldn't believe how fabulous my skin looked. I tried it again at home after I bought it over my blush and it's fabulous. I definately feel like I have a glow and I always feel so pasty so this stuff was great. It really made a difference in my skin. I will for sure use it everday and can't wait to try it as eye shadow.

on 4/10/2004 2:06:00 AM

I recently bought the new shimmer brick in the line. It is called Beige. And just like the other 2 shimmer bricks, I love it. I could never do without them. They are the best. As I read the posts, I am shocked that this product could get any rating other then a 5. The colors blended or singly are beautiful. The go on very light and sheer and they are buildable and easily layered if one wants to do so. The bricks can be used with each other. The bronze shimmer brick with the pink one over it is so pretty. My daughter laughs because I put them in a row and look at them and I can't decide which is my favorite because I love them all so much. I will continue to buy them all and sing their praises.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product after sheer curiosity, but I'm now wowed by it. It's a neat idea, and pretty compact. Looks great to the eye, but on my cheekbones it left a shimmery mess, and on my eyes it was okay but not that much pigment. My True Color and BE shimmers are nicer.

on 4/7/2004 8:37:00 AM

WOW - this is a-m-a-z-i-n-g... you really do get that film star look... after buying this, although it is pricy, I will not have to buy my usual cheek highlighter as this block is everything rolled into one. I have only recently been trying Bobbi's cosmetic line, but I am well impressed!!