April 20, 2014 | 1640 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2010 9:00:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

i like how light weight this is on your skin while still having full coverage. But with my oily skin i have to reapply a few times a day for touch ups but nothing major. The packaging quality isn't the best though, the top cover on mine always breaks off and the powder eventually crumbles over time but o well it was a decent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by idkmybffmegg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this.. I got it on a whim because I was sick of all my other powders doing nothing. This product doesn't clog my pores, doesn't look cakey, and is the perfect color for me. Normally I am too afraid to wear too much of a product, especially powder, because it ends up looking caked on and I cannot stand that look. But this never looks cakey. I don't use it for coverage really, but used with a tinted moisturizer and concealer and it looks amazing. :]

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by andipromiseyouuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i'm in love.
I have this in the translucent finishing powder, and I use it over my CG Tinted Mouisterizer.
I also have dry skin, but you can't even tell with this powder.
I apply with an ecotools powder brush.
**works just as well as BareMinerals Mineral Veil. [I have both]
bottom line-great natural looking finish over any makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this mineral pressed powder. I would buy it again except I haven't done so because the packaging is so bulky & clunky, so I've been trying other new pressed powders in the meantime & enjoying making comparisons. Powder is all I wear now ..my skin is no longer super-greasy & acneic, so I don't have any real reason to spend time heaping foundation on my face. Powder does enough work for me & this one gives pretty moderate coverage. I always apply with a powder brush. I didn't really like paying $13 for a drugstore brand but if it comes down to it, I'd buy this again. Right now I'm using Revlon's new Photo Ready pressed powder for about the same price & I like it much better. It gives skin a diffused glowy appearance, not flat & matte & cakey the way this powder can. They just both have a different finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by tareess33

this powder really works at controling oil. the coverage is ok, but its not meant to cover everything. i usually use it after i conceal what needs to be concealed, then i use a face brush and dust my whole face- but i also have good results when i use a triangle make up sponge and press down all over my face- that way the coverage is a little better. i haven't noticed that it makes me break it at all- which most make ups do, and i love the matte finish!. they usually have it on sale at most drugstores so its worth a try if ur oily and acne prone like me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by maureenheather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I have finally found my HG winter foundation, and it's a powder. Who knew. I only tried this product because it got good reviews here, so thank you to everyone who takes time to share their experiences. First, the color-- I'm neutral-to-pink, a MAC NW20 or 25. I tried 3 shades of this product and finally got it right on the third try-- BEIGE. I thought it looked too pink in the package, but it's just right. Buff Beige was way too dark, Creamy Natural way too light. Beige evens out all my skin tone problems, covers my rosacea and little sunspots, and gives me a youthful, fresh-faced look. Seriously, I catch myself in store mirrors and think, wow, my skin looks great! And it does NOT highlight my lines or pores the way every other mineral powder I've tried does, esp. Bare Minerals. (That stuff was the worst disappointment ever.) Plus, it looks good throughout the day. I've never felt the need to retouch. My nose might get a little shiny, but I just blot it with a tissue. Everyone complains about the brush, but I actually like it. First, I use my Bare Minerals concealer brush, which was almost worth the price of the whole kit, and apply the powder to my eyelids, under my eyes, around my nose, and over all my little rosacea and sun spots. Then I use the crappy PF brush to lightly cover the rest of my face. I like that brush because it doesn't layer the powder on too thickly. I could never see using a makeup sponge or powder puff with this stuff-- it would look way too caked on. So I think the cheap little brush actually works very well. Just be careful to brush it very lightly over the surface of the powder because if you're heavy-handed it will kick up a lot of dust and you'll waste powder and make a mess. I love this stuff, thanks again reviewers!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by raestar317

I think this powder is really great for drugstore brand. I picked it up because I was looking for a nice powder to finish and set my makeup and this one was on special with a blush included. So I justified paying for it because of the blush, it's a little pricey for the drugstore. I am happy with it though. Packaging is slightly bulky, and no, I don't use the brush, I use my face powder brush for this and it creates a very smooth finish. I got mine in translucent, as I just wanted it for a finish, not coverage. I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lydlyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best pressed powders i've tried! I dig the coverage of it, and it takes care of oil well. What I don't dig however, is the packaging; it broke. Not the powder itself, but its casing. I dropped it (silly me) and the open/closing latch broke, so it wont close properly. AND, somehow the piece of plastic that lifts the powder up so you can get to the mirror; broke. Ehh, i guess it is tolerable since it still works fine. The brush is completely pointless...why on earth would they create it in such an odd shape? I'd say use your own and toss this one. I tried to wash it out of curiosity, it shed like crazy and lost it's "shape".

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Poses

My skin is very sensitive and fairly dry, so I've been avoiding setting powder like the plague. The only one I've tried before is NYC's translucent powder, which I found didn't do much for making my makeup last longer and had no coverage.

I was tempted to try this though, because it provides coverage (so might work like a powder foundation, rather than translucent), claims to be natural (talc-free and mineral), promises to make makeup last longer (which I really need), and have been compared to MAC's MSFN (which I always wanted to try but is kept away by the price).

I really liked this at first. There isn't much coverage to speak of, at least I didn't wear enough to get much coverage. It allowed me to wear a heavier (more oil-based moisturizer) during the day as the weather got colder, by keeping my face from looking like a grease ball when I go out. I wore this for a week, but started to notice sudden dryness in my skin. At first I thought it was only the colder weather, so I wore more moisturizer. My skin was still dry, eventually getting to a point when by mid-day, my cheeks felt so tight when I smiled. No moisturizer could remedy this, and the only recent addition to my routine was this powder. I cut it out, and now my skin is back to normal (knock on wood!).

So, avoid this if you've got dry/sensitive skin. Canadian girls, I got this with a blush 40% off at PharmaPlus, so keep an eye out for sales. Packaging is decent, though not terribly attractive; I don't use the little bottom compartment and tossed the brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this product because it came with a bonus blush and my MIL recommended it. When I first used it with my regular moisturizer underneath I found it to be drying to my face. I felt tight and the appearance of my pores seemed to be larger. Then I used a heavier moisturizer before applying the product and it was fine. I like the coverage and how it hides my veins, it looks natural and feels light. The price is very reasonable, $16CAD compared to MAC which is $25CAD. The powder is very fine and can sometimes be dusty if using a kabuki. It stayed on my face for the whole day. Would buy this product again.
Edit: I'm going to minus 2 lippies for the following reasons: