September 2, 2014 | 1199 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by iLOVEthis

I've been using this for about 2 years or so, and it's great for me! I use this with my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush, and I replaced the brush included with a round sponge for touch-ups. I have this in Creamy Natural, and it seems to blend in very nicely with my face. When I first apply it, it seems to be a little too white on my face; however, it somehow blends in my skin tone, giving me an overall even tone. The coverage is also good enough for me. I have little blemishes around my face and my cheeks are usually reddish, but this powder covers the right amount. It covers my blemishes well and leaves my cheeks slightly pink, giving me a natural blush. In addition, I believe that it has been improving my skin. I have much less blemishes than I used to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite product of all time. I used to wear their loose powder and then switched to bare minerals matte because the coverage was not great. Bare minerals was good but I got tired of getting the loose powder everywhere and paying so much money every couple of months for a foundation. I went back to physicians formula because I know their stuff doesn't break me out, but this time I went for this pressed powder. I love this so much! I've already purchased this 3 times. It has excellent coverage for a powder, basically covering all the redness in my skin. Everything else needs a separate concealer. The price is around 14-15 dollars which I think is decently priced. I stock up on these when there's a sale at my rite aid. It's always buy one get one 50% off! I'm very pale and translucent light is a perfect match for me. I also own their blushers and bronzers. I'm glad I found a brand in a drugstore that I can trust on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ElishiaMarie6682

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder! It covers up every flaw with perfection. It's not too pricey either. But....the applicator brush is another story. I just buy a pouf and I'm good. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by emilyheartsmakeup

This is good, not great. It covers only minor blemishes and redness. I wish that it would give better coverage. I like that it doesn't give a chalky look, its a good finishing powder, it has a handy mirror in the bottom, it is a good match for my face, goes on my brush well, its talc-free, good for my face, and it isn't tested on animals!! :) It is a bit expensive. The brush suckss. The packaging is said to be bulky, but I find it is a fine size. I do find though that it doesn't go on my face too well.. So I am on the fence about this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Miribelle

I just got this powder and was going to wait until I wore it a few times to do a review. However, I have had such a great experience wearing this the first time that I had to sit down and review it. The first time I wore this powder I got carded (for the first time in forever!) when buying wine at the grocery store. The clerk stared at my ID for a long time, then finally looked up and told me he was absolutely shocked at my age. He said I looked very young. Then my husband came home later that day and said I looked absolutely beautiful and glowing. I attribute all of this to the powder! I wear it over Roc anti aging primer and moisturizer only. I'm not a big fan of liquid foundation, which is why I purchased this product after a lot of MUA research. I wanted a pressed powder foundation that was fragrance free, irritant free and had medium coverage. This powder fits the bill! The product is finely milled and goes on smoothly. It has no fragrance I can detect, feels light on the skin and provides decent medium coverage. I have this in creamy natural, which is ever so slightly light on me, but it blends beautifully and doesn't clash with my pinky undertones. It comes with its own brush which I threw directly in the garbage in favor of applying it with my own kabuki. The packaging is a tad cheesy which is why I rated this a 4 instead of a 5. Also it is expensive for a drugstore product, I paid about $15 at CVS. The compact does have its own mirror however, which is nice. I will definitely repurchase, hopefully with a coupon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

I've always wanted to try Physician's formula, and since I've wanted a new blotting powder, I've decided to get this in the shade translucent.

After using it once, I knew immediately that I won't be able to use it for touch up, because this powder is just way to light for my skintone (NC25), definetly not translucent, it does leave a white cast....

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by stylehound

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product had actually been a God send for me! I was initially shocked by the ratings but then after reading what others had to say, it made sense. This product is confusing because they do market it as a "powder" but it's actually a foundation, in powder form. If you are attempting to layer this over foundation it will look to dry, obvious, or cakey. That's how I first started using it as well. And I thought i hated it and chucked into my ever growing reject drawer. But one day when i was in a rush and didn't have the time for liquid fndt, i dotted some concealer on a few spots and then, USING A SPONGE, i glided the product over mostly bare skin. Viola! Perfection. Not dry, no caking, amazing natural finish, and still looked fresh by that night. The reason why i sought this out in the first place was because absolutely ever powder product i've ever tried, and the list is really long, has broken out my sensitive acne prone skin. But, this has NEVER done that, which alone is essential for me and until this powder i had given up totally on wearing powder at all. Though I could find liqued fndt that didn't break me out, i could never get the look or finish right and it wouldn't last long on my combo skin. It's just amazing how different this looks when used alone and not topping off a foundation, It's so incredibly natural, you cant even see the product, yet it has amazing coverage. The key is to use a sponge, not a brush. I have tried it over a tinted moisturizer and can get pretty good results with that too. Oh, and i use it in creamy natural, and i'm a NW 20-25
Update: i just wanted to update that i realized for me, the creamy natural was a bit too pink on my skin so i switched to the transulent, which as someone else mentioned, is not a true transulent, its a light neutral shade. Still loving it!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by msdora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product today in a kit that come with face power, mattie finishing vail, and blush at wel-mart for 20 dollars. I also tried it when I got home seems very nice gos on easy, some mess but I am use to powers I am hoping that this product stands up to other more expesive bare mineral makeup that I have bought in the past. I will touch base later.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is really fine powder, it gets ALL over with the touch of any brush. it is very messy & the brush it comes with is useless. The packaging is bulky like others are saying.

I bought this because i wanted to try a powder ss just to dust on over my regular one. Well, that was pretty pointless because powder just isn't for me.

I bought translucent, and it did not give my face a weird tint after the day. It looked natural with a light dusting on my face.

I would not buy this again, and am going to return it once i have time because i have no need for this type of product.

If you like face powders & want some ss protection -> this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by roxiegh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First, I gotta say I bought this today.
However, I tried it on as soon as I got home. YES, if you USE the little brush that it comes with, it will become a big mess. In fact, I think any BRUSH will do that. However, I used a puff that I've had from a previous powder (Maybelline Matte), and there was absolutely no mess whatsoever. It was perfect. The puff still picked up a good amount of product, and it applied just as great.
The coverage is quite great, considering it's mineral and everything.
I've yet to see how it controls my oily-face and if it breaks me out.
The only downside is the price. ($20.99 CAN) However, I don't need a lot, so I think it will last me a long time, hopefully.