November 23, 2014 | 1845 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2007 2:05:00 AM More reviews by bluediva

Love this shade, love Fluidline! Deep, murky purple that works well with my pale skin and green eyes. I bought this as a liner to go with MAC's LE French Grey (a cool-toned taupe) and they work beautifully together as a smoky daytime look. It also plays nicely with blacks, silvers, and greys. Blending this up to the crease as a a shadow is a more interesting (but still dramatic) alternative to black eye shadow. Fluidline is great stuff, wears all day with no creasing or drift, works wonderfully as a liner, base, or shadow. MacroViolet is especially nice when I want to line both the top and bottom lash lines without looking like Avril - just enough purple to sidestep gothiness, just enough gold glimmer to be elegant. I don't usually like gold tones, but it's just a hint of it and in this product, it really works well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fluidline is very strange - it's not as creamy as the other ones I've tried and it's not a true violet. It looks violet with gold shimmer in the pot but it goes on more like a muddy brown with a tinge of violet on the eyes. And the consistency is dry but not in a good way, kind of goes on chunky and uneven. I can get a thin line if I apply a lot and keep going over and over the line. The fluidline is just not up to par in consistency or color. Maybe I got a dud, though I don't plan on repurchasing to find out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by BreAnn21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff. The consistancy is great. It goes on so creamy and smooth. I have dark brown eyes and very fair skin. The colour is great for bringing out my brown eyes. I would def buy again. The pot lasts a long time for me because I have diff colours in fluidlineand use a variety of them depending on my mood and makeup that day.

I didn't like liners in general and didn't wear it with my shadows and mascara. I couldn't get the application right. With this stuff you have complete control over it with a great brush, which I also got from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm am a new MAC user since I'd previoulsy worked as a MU in a cosmetic store that didn't carry MAC. I've always used Smashbox or Stila pots. I decided to give MAC a try and I love it. This color is amazing. It's not a wild violet, it's sublte, yet colorful enough to make the green in my hazel eyes stand out. This cream liner is so creamy and goes on so much smoother than other brands cream eyeliner. Now I just need to expand my colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by signsoflife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really pretty color but it was no match for my oily eyelids. So for longevity I gave it a three, but added a lippie for the pretty color. I wish they had a liner last in a color like this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2006 5:07:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Saw this in a magazine and got interested. Although I am quite disappointed with this product, this actually kicked off my makeup obsession. Macroviolet looks like a very beautiful violet on the pot, and it still is on the skin. The thing with this eyeliner is its dry texture, which does not glide on the skin smoothly, leaving solid, little deposits along the lash line. Quite frustrating during application, and makes you feel bad of an unsuccessful purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2006 1:04:00 PM More reviews by LKirsten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty dark purple color, much more wearable than the other MAC purple shades. Very pretty with my blue eyes, and this has a nice texture. Creamy, smooth to apply, lasts all day

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2006 12:48:00 PM More reviews by bex487

I'm surprised so many reviewers see this as a brown, muddy color. On me, it's a beautiful deeper plum that makes my green eyes pop. I love this for day-to-day wear as a softer look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2006 5:23:00 PM More reviews by SugarKane78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful colour, really brings out the green in my eyes. These liners are soft and easy to work with for different types of lines depending on how striking you want it to look. Once dried it lasts all day. Love these.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2006 10:21:00 AM More reviews by leigh78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have this fluidline for just over a month and love it! I have blue-grey eyes and this really accentuates the blue! I am practising with my 266 eyeliner brush and finally have got the hang of this. I line my upper lid and smudge along the lower lashline. I wear this with Clinique eyeshadow quad in Plum Seduction and its a really pretty autumn look IMO & lasts for hours.