September 2, 2014 | 1201 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Ashburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Generally, here's what i look for in an eyeliner- Jet black color, waterproof, smudge proof, yet easy to remove with an eye make up remover. If thats what u r looking for too, then perhaps my review wld be helpful for u. :)

May i also share that apart from this product, ive also tried Maybelline's gel liner, MAC's kohl eyeliner, MAC's long wearing eye pencil & Clinique waterproof eyeliner. In my opinion, this product is far superior than the rest.

Pros:
1. it has a great jet black color. it perfectly defines ur eyes. but it may not work if u r looking for something more "soft". it worked for me because i simply love the deep black color.

2. smooth application WITH the MAC's eyeliner brush 266. ive tried applying with other brands but didnt work that well.

3. waterproof. i wash my face about 3-4 times throughout the day with water. n not a single eyeliner flaked from my eye.

4. easily removed by baby oil, olive oil or the regular make up remover. maybe due to the "oil" content of the remover.

5. can last me about 3months. so it is really worth the price.

6. ive dropped the product like more than 10times n it didnt break at all. the packaging is very durable.

Cons:
1. when u r left with 1/4 of the product, it may tend to dry up. not to worry, just ensure your eyeliner brush is slightly damp to introduce back moist into the product. small issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

I have been recently using this for the first time and I love it so far. It's so smooth and fluid and it really makes a bolder statement look than stick or pencil eyeliner. The only thing is I find it works better with my skinny Mac angled liner brush than the small stubby brush that came with it (bought in a set). Takes some precision but looks beautiful. Worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by cpalencia87

Love it. Glides on smoothly.. stays on no smudges or racoon eyes here.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by allyen2906

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like it! It stays in place forever :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

There are reasons why Blacktrack is one of the most reviewed and highly rated products on MUA. It's a great black gel liner that I have used for the last few years -- very pigmented and easy to use, even for those new to makeup or with shaky hands (I was both when I started using this liner). If you typically use pencil or liquid, I highly recommend trying out any of the MAC fluidlines.

The only two negatives is that this does create the raccoon look for me by mid-afternoon, but I also live in a warm/humid climate and I frequently forget to use an eyeshadow base. I actually started using Dipdown (dark brown Fluidliner), and Dipdown does not create this effect. Yet, I understand how others may be reluctant to start using dark brown liner. And with other Fluidline gels, this one also dries out after about a year's use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by blondebum

I have to say that when i first bought this product i was still a newbie at putting on eyeliner and it would take me several tries to achieve the perfect look. With that being said, if you do not have much practice putting on gel eyeliner then this might not be for you hahah! The first time i used this i looked like a panda and had to start over about 10 times. It takes a while to skill how to use the brush and to know just how much eyeliner to put on it. If doe correctly, this eye-liner gel gives a fiercely bold look.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by enchantedlullaby87

I've used this as a top liner nearly everyday for several months and on occasion on my waterline. This product has okay staying power. I apply this with a Mac 209 or an angled brush. I find that on the first or even send stroke the color payoff is poor. The color is build able and after several months remains creamy so i will keep using it but I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Autumn111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy this eyeliner but I have some mixed feelings about it in terms of application. Once I have it finished, it looks amazing. But even after using it for about two months now I have to end up re-doing the line a couple of times, correcting it here and there. It could just be my technique, and lately I have been getting the hang of it but in the beginning it was pretty difficult. The overall product is a 4.5/5, that .5 being taken away because of difficult application. It's a little too smooth in texture, hence why I mess up the line consistency frequently. Although $16 may seem like a little much for an eyeliner the pot it's in is very deep and it will last quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by AshleyMI

I've been using this for at least 8 years. Can't find anything I like better.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by fartsyartsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Application is pretty easy, not too stiff and not too runny, the color however is not jet black. Have oily skin and the color fades over the course of the day and tends to fade. NC44 for reference