October 21, 2014 | 1900 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by kochou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I first tried this over a decade ago and it has been a staple in my makeup bag ever since. I am a fan of subtle tints and hydrating balms. this gives me just enough color without over powering my face. it may not be for someone who wants high pigmentation. it wears like a lip tint with a glossy sheen. non-sticky and goes on smoothly. it is the only product of Clinique that I've stuck with.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have repurchased this many times, however once out, I will not be able to repurchase due to Clinique's new animal testing policy. Sigh..

On to the product description. It is not a lipstick, more like a non shiny gloss. Pretty color that goes well with my coloring. MLBB with a raspberry ting. Not too in your face, but can be worn at night

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so disappointed - this shade is about as unflattering as it gets for me! I have fair skin, pigmented lips and dark hair, and when I bought this I was hoping to get the same effect as the third picture above - a lovely warm and natural mlbb. Instead, it looks like a very shiny, muddy, old - fashioned, berry-brownish tint and totally drains all of the colour out of my face, it really doesn't do anything for me at all. I think the fact that I have very pigmented lips means that this lipstick turns a lot darker than I'd want it to go, so perhaps if you have paler lips you might have more success. The texture feels nice and I've given it points for that, but my search for a mlbb tint continues...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by TarinM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Probably one of the biggest let downs I've bought lately, I bought it based on the good reviews this site without reading all the bad ones, and there's a lot of bad ones understandably. I really like the colour, although I don't think it is for everyone, it could look awful if you have quite thin lips, but it is frustrating because the colour looks really good on me, but within minutes it's just gone and it's really drying, so the description pretty much fools you because you think it is going to be a bit more like a balm or gloss but it's not, I even got those red scale lines around my lips, so I wonder if it has too many chemicals in it, but it was a pretty expensive waste of time. I'd like to see them bring out a new and improved version of this, maybe then I would repurchase it because I like the colour and the sheerness off it. If you live in Australia you can get the lipstick called Cha Cha by Australis and that is the exact same colour and you'd get the same effect if you just used that with a bit of a gloss.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by pab123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

AWFUL!!!!! I am so very disappointed in this Almost Lipstick! Almost??? How about NO lipstick? I wanted to love it. I waited for my Sephora package to arrive and ran into the bathroom and put it on and then put it on again and again .....NO COLOR! Ok maybe slightly, just so disappointed and don't want anyone else to get ripped off. Maybe its my age? I doubt it. oh well, into the drawer it goes!

9 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my 3rd tube! Seems I lose them, but still, I love this product! It is more red than berry on me, but it is just such a lovely color, and I like that it seems to be MLBB. The ONLY drawback is that it seems to collect in the corners of my mouth and collect at that line where my lips come together. Have to watch for that, but otherwise lovely. Bought "Chic Honey" as well this time, just for kicks. That one is nice too, though pretty darn close to Black Honey.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by eoconnor9484

I loved this so much that I brought it everywhere with me for a week, and then lost it, so now I have to buy again. I got so many compliments - it looks very natural and youthful and has no taste/scent (I hate perfumey lipsticks! yuck). Doesn't stay on a terribly long time, which is why I had to take it everywhere and hence why I lost it, but still worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by test0276

Good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by monicaandree

I have been using black honey since middle school, and I am 30. It is a beautiful berry nude color, and doesnt apply anything like the color it looks in the package. It's really a lovely, sheer, moist balmy lip product. I prefer to use it with a lip liner because otherwise it can smear towards the edges of the lip, but this is the same with all glossier products. My only gripe is that the top of the canister where the product comes out is slanted, and the product always seems to turn so that I cannot get the last little bit out. I wish the top would be flat instead. It's also a little pricey compared to drugstore lip products. Revlon has a "lip butter" out now that I am curious to try and compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

Black Honey continues to be my favorite colour. I've been buying it for the last four years.

7 other colours of Almost Lipstick have just been released. I bought Chic Honey and Luscious Honey yesterday. I find that Chic Honey is too cold/blue for my lips and skin tone, in comparison to the warmer and more natural look of Black Honey. Luscious Honey is too bubble-gum pink to look natural, although it is a fun shade if that is what one is in the mood for. Black Honey continues to win hands-down as far as giving just a slight colour enhancement, without looking unnatural.

After having discovered Almost Lipstick four years ago, I immediately preferred it over lipgloss and lipstick. It is lighter than lipstick, both in texture and in colour. It is slightly shiny, but not high-glare or sticky/goopy like lipgloss.

The packaging is very ideal. I carry my Almost Lipstick with me in extreme cold of winter and heat of summer. It takes a beating in my purse and I've even left it in the sun to melt by accident. It continues to keep its form and consistency, despite my abuse.

I highly recommend this product, and particularly, this shade.