April 18, 2014 | 1386 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by QuilleyReturns

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

I've been wearing this particular Clinique product since I was 10. Yep, 1971. It was the one shade my mother let me get away with at that age because it was so sheer and natural looking. This is one of those product/shades that has surpassed the biggest negative of the product - the dryness factor. This is most likely due to the fact that it's a truly universal shade, easy to carry around and apply. I just need to apply a good lip moisturizer underneath it first. It lasts all day, looks great with tanned or untanned skin and wears down evenly. I hope Clinique never stops making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by vaigai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing! Bought this at Sephora a few days ago after reading all the reviews on here - awesome. Super buildable colour - goes on pretty sheer, but noticeable, perfect for every day. Looks like you just bit your lip - the perfect amount of darkening that it adds to your look without being obvious. Texture is super smooth and I like that the packaging isn't "lip balm" packaging. I'm 25. I need a lipstick that looks grown up, as great as Dr. Pepper lipsmacker is.. :D
They hooked me for life!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Silje01

At first, I have to say that I absoloutly LOVE the colour. Looks great on almost everyone skintone.. Mine is pretty cold, neutral, pink-ish alike, and I can hardly fint a lipstick which fits, but this does.
The fact that I can choose how dark I want it is fantastic, it is extremly buildable. For parties, dinners etc I use pretty many layers so I get dark, bloody lips, and for work and things like that I use a few layers so I just have a light, berry tint.
The package is small, precise and nice to look at. The price is great and I'm gonna use this for the rest of my life I think, hehe.
It is stupid that this almost doesn`t exist for sale in Europe. I`ve tried to find it here in Norway, Ireland and Sweden.. Waiting two weeks to get my lipstick is boring :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been on my to-try list and, since the last time I checked Lipstick Queen's "Medieval" was sold out, I went for it. This is a nice glossy tinted balm. The texture is smooth, kind of glassy.

I feel it's expensive for what you get, but I was expecting that. For me, as a very pale gal, this goes on pretty burgundy for me -- I think it also highly depends on the natural colour of your lips. Mine are fairly pink and rosy on their own, so this gives me a little more of a berry tint than some of the pictures on here show, I guess.

It'll be nice for work, when I don't want to full-on lipstick it up, but do want a nice hint of colour. The staying power is not great, but then again, it's not a lipstick. It's more like a tinted balm. I don't reach for this as often as I thought I might and therefore say I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This would be a great lip stick/gloss if it had any lasting power. Yes, the color is universally flattering on everyone. It does moisturize very well. Thing is, after a few minutes of wear, it starts to disappear. Though my lips didn't get chapped at all, it's pretty insulting to pay $15 for something that's useless. It's not a drugstore lip balm, it's suppose to be a high end product. And reapplying literally constantly is inconvenient, along with ridiculous.

this product would be perfect if it bothered to last. There's far too much hype surrounding it and it's meaningless.

I'll do my best to use what I have when I won't be out for too long. I would not recommend or repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by absolutelyalex

I love dark lip colors but because of my, shall I say, generously sized mouth, dark colors just make me look garish. Thankfully, this color works for me and i couldn't be happier. It's moisturizing too, and while it doesn't last all that long, I'm pretty happy with reapplying it regularly so that I get some moisture. This shade is pretty flattering no matter whether I'm tanned during summer or paler in the winter months.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by dmsinclair10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this lipstick! The staying power isn't what I feel it could be, but the shade is great! It looks fabulous on everyone, and is somewhat moisturizing. This shade can be worn with warm or cool tones, and a variety of colors. It's a good lipstick to keep in your purse for touch ups, no matter what you're wearing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've bought this many, many times over the years, and I've also used the Black Honey eyeliner, and mascara. Whenever I wear Black Honey I get positive comments, compliments, and people want to know what I'm wearing. This is a sheer, glossy, moisturizing, very comfortable lipstick, with average lasting power. While it doesn't chemically change or anything like that, this color does look different on each person who wears it. It's so sheer that the natural pigmentation of your lips definitely affects the depth of color achieved. Many people see this as a My Lips But Better color but I don't. Black Honey, on my lips, is burgundy toned, and my natural lips are red. It's funny to me that I get so many compliments on Black Honey lipstick, because I'm not that fond of the color I get. If I focus on my colored lips without taking the rest of my face into consideration, I really like the way this lipstick looks - smooth and glossy. But the color itself never matches my other makeup, and I think it makes my skin look too yellow. I wish Clinique had something like Black Honey that has more red than violet in its undertones. As far as the eyeliner and mascara go, this color really brings out green in my eyes, but, again, it tends to make me look sallow because it's burgundy toned. Obviously millions of people think this is the perfect color, but I think it's one to be tried first by redheads, and/or "warmer" skintones,because it's deep violet. (Just my opinion, of course, but that's what reviews are for. If I can help it, I want to prevent someone from making a blind buy that wastes good money!)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an all-around winner. It's a great color that looks good on EVERYONE. It's semi-sheer but you can build up the color really easily with a few extra swipes. This is a superior product because it also has an awesome formula that leaves your lips moisturized without feeling sticky. This gets bonus points for not being too expensive and for being relatively easy to get no matter where you go.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by bbabe1814

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color really compliments my skin and I love the way it feels on my lips. I was never really interested in wearing actual lip stick until recently, so this was a good start for just adding color and shine. It doesn't last very long, but I personally don't have a problem with re-applying every so often.