July 25, 2014 | 1103 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by trogdelight

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE MEXICAN NIVEA

It's thick and cold when you first dip your fingers, but once it warms up with your body heat it becomes easy to spread. The smell is amazing and this product is incredibly moisturizing. I use it as a night cream since I find it a bit too heavy for day wear (during the summer at least). I wake up with bright supple skin, I adore it! I've been using it for a few weeks now and I haven't broken out or had any allergic reactions.
I also use it for pretty much everything, I love how soft my legs are after using this product. (I use the big blue tub).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Catherinedk

I was using the Idealist serum and the daywear creme from estee lauder... My skin got drier by the day... One evening i decided to use my nivea on my face, sort of as a last resort. Next morning...gone flakes, smooth skin, after let's say 3 nights my skin was totally recovered. I live in Belgium and Nivea creme can be found in almost every house, a true allrounder.
I use it almost everyday, on my face and body. My three year old also loves it! I have small cans for my handbags and a big jar in the bathroom. Big love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In my city, there is a wonderful German grocery/deli/assorted odds and sods small chain of stores that carries wonderful skin and body care products from Germany. It's where I get my Gehwol foot care products, Ombra creams, 4711 eau de cologne and many other terrific items including Nivea Cream made in Germany. My mom and my aunties used Nivea religiously when I was a kid, swearing it was every bit as good as the costly creams from Estee Lauder. Well, in many ways they were absolutely right.

I don't know if there is or isn't a difference between this cream made in N. America and the one made in Germany but this rich, thick cream with the familiar scent that is unchanged from my childhood, is a great multipurpose product. I use it on my dry, cracked feet, slip on some socks and wake up in the morning with much softer feet. When my knees get rough, on goes the Nivea and away goes the roughness. I use this on my neck and decolletage area with great results. In winter, when my skin is particularly parched-feeling, I'll warm the product in my hands (it is thick and I don't fancy rubbing it in vigorously on my face) and apply. Even my 19 year old son likes using this when his face is dry and chapped.

Don't get me wrong - this would never be my "go to" night or day cream but when my face needs it, it does the trick. And it's great for any other parts of you that get really dry, chapped and rough. I'll even smooth some over my hair if I've applied it to my hands - the residue smoothed over rough, winter-dried hair gives a nice bit of smoothness!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by pkuyken

I buy the small purse size tin of this every time I go to Mexico or am lucky enough to find it in my home town of Houston, TX... this is my go to creme for my cuticles and emergency hand lotion.

I use La Mer for my face and lip balm and the big difference is that La Mer is good for sun burn and dry spots.. Nivea is a very good moisturizer but I use it for a totally different purpose than La Mer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Pburns

Nivea products are amazing, so it's no surprise that I like this. It comes in a tub, and there are sizes that range from small to large. At first feels like really thick paste and you'll have to warm it in hands before it's spreadable enough to go on body, and even then you'll still have to work it in. It's very moisturizing and has a really pleasant powdery, clean smell. I really like this product and really recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to be completely honest, i used this on my face a lot for the first few days after i got it, and sadly it broke me out in painful pimples along my chin/cheek/jawline. But, i decided to stop that and just use it as a night cream, and wow...i usually wake up to my skin feeling dirty, sticky, and just like it needs to be washed badly..but when i used the nivea creme as a night cream, i woke up the next morning to INCREDIBLY soft skin, seriously it felt like baby skin (no joke). So i personally don't recommend using this as an everyday moisturizer, but as a night cream this stuff is seriously amazing. Oh and in case anyone is wondering, my skin is not acne-prone, and i don't breakout very often at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the Mexican formulation, I got a 1 oz. tin for .99 and I hate it. Due to all the wonderful reviews I decided to give it a try, how I hoped it would have been a miracle cream! I used it 3 times on my cracked heels and this stuff actually dried them out even worse! I am glad I didn't buy the full size. I do love its creaminess and the scent is very nice, but I will not use again. Sorry Nivea!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Kikokrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh Nivea. I love this product. Some background about my skin, i have sensitive ,combination, acne-prone skin. That likes to change according to the weather, so in the summer its more oily; and the wintertime dries my skin to flakes. And i also have eczema on my face. For a while i had such a difficult time finding a moisturizer that was perfect for me. Upon a whim, i found a little adorable tin of Nivea creme in my bathroom cupboard. Frustrated with my dry skin at the time i smothered this thick cream on my face and went to bed. Let me tell you...BEST THING I EVER DID. Absolutely amazing. I woke up with soft,supple, glowing skin. No grease ball face . It was everything i couldve asked for. A beautiful ,healthy sheen was left on my skin. I would repurchase over and over again. I even wear this before i put on foundation for smooth application. Its great for everything,especially a night creme . If there were two products i'd take to the grave it'd be Nivea creme and Vaseline. I cant wait to try the lighter version of this creme,i believe its Nivea Soft. It might be a wonderful daily moisturizer! 5/5 for Nivea Creme!:D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Another 'throw-back' 'old-school' item, inexpensive enough to hunt down and try. I found 1oz/29g at 99cent store. Since reading reviews, apparently there is a German vs Mexican version. My packaging is the circular tin and reads Made in Mexico.

My face is doing too well to risk a new all over moisturizer but, If mature faces have not tried this as an OVERNIGHT EYE crème, do TRY IT. By lights-out, I've dabbed on two layers and by morning the softness and smoothness of delicate under eye skin it incredible. Fine lines are less apparent. Concealer and under-eye makeup go on effortlessly.

The $ news is, since playing with this, I haven't reached for my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair - and haven't missed it:)

One con is I don't trust the packaging of the tin for a 'throw in the bag' item but as it sits on vanity, I'm reminded to apply nightly.
New nightly staple.