April 19, 2014 | 1792 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by azadeah

Where do I start...I simply love this product! Especially during the winter, when my skin starts to peel off because it gets so dry. This is the only thing that helps. You get quantity and quality for a reasonable price. Totally recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love, crazy love! My sad little paws get so incredibly dry and chapped during the winter that sometimes they come close to bleeding. Poor things. I've been a loyal user of Neutrogena Fragrance Free hand cream in the tube but I came to realize...very...slowly...that it just wasn't working. Yeah, it moisturized if I applied it after every hand washing. But if I forgot, my hands were back to what they had been--dry, chapped and flaky. Sheesh. Then I saw these cute little tins of Nivea at Duane Reade and they were on sale that day so I figured, "Hey, what the hey." I've road tested this stuff now for a week and WOW! Love! True Love! Sending it a Valentine! I even like the fragrance. My hands feel smoother and even if I forget to apply after washing, the flakies don't immediately reappear. Plus, the tin is just so damn cute. My only complaint is that the top of the tin fits very loosely so I've simply wrapped the thing up with a rubber band. But that's a minor complaint. The product is deeeeeevine!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by sl40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Made me itch like a crazy woman. I think I will stick to my cetaphil restorative cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Lalolalol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm 25 years old and I remember my mother using this on her hands since I was a little girl.. I grew old with this thing! I use it on my hands feet ankle.. anywhere with dry skin.. just never used it on my face.. I don't like putting cheap stuff on my face so that's a no no territory for this one :)
Overall a good body/hand moisturizer.. Got it in all sizes, the big one on m night stand and the little ones in my bags. You never know when you need it :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
xoxo, Lolita girl

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Heather1608

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brilliant for dry skin. The only moisturiser that really works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by dqzhuzi

For me, it's better to use it as a body lotion. Just apply it where you feel extremely dry. And it also works pretty good as a massage lotion. :D For my face, it's far too oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

I just got into LaMer recently, really love it so I started reading about it. When I came across the comparisons between LaMer creme and German Nivea, I decided to investigate. I got my German Nivea today at the supermarket in New Zealand (9.98NZD for 100ml - I can get it cheaper on ebay). I got home, showered and applied it generously to my face and body. Excellent results! It took about 10min to sink in and I even patted a bit more to some areas.. it makes your concealer go on smoothly (Bobbi brown) and plumped up my skin.. I applied LaMer loose power over it (no foundation) and the effect is great.Letīs see how my skin behaves after a week
Update, Feb 27 2013: I am very impressed by German Nivea - I am applying it on legs/arms (especially rough areas) and chest, face and undereye area. It takes a bit to be absorbed but leaves my skin really supple. I really recommend it especially since it is so affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by AJ3141

I got a huge tub of this at Target for $5. I'm a little overwhelmed with it because I have so much lotion and I only use a little at a time--it's going to take forever to make it all the way through the tub. I use this at night as a hand cream and as an eye cream. I love the smell, the thick consistency, and how moisturizing it is. When I use it consistently, my under-eye bags are more deflated and it's easier to put/spread concealer on them

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried to get on board with Nivea Creme many times over the years, but I always hated the smell and consistency, and I couldn't put it anywhere near my mouth and chin, or I'd break out. Sometimes it would slightly irritate dry spots on my hands or neck (eczema).

BUT, I recently found a tin of Asian Nivea Creme at a nearby store, and it is a different formulation than what I've bought in the past. I am not sure if it is the same as the German formula, but I know it is different from the Mexican formulation. It says it is made in Thailand and distributed by Biersdorf Singapore. It does not contain Petrolatum and it doesn't break me out! I still hate the smell and the way it sinks into skin sooooo slowly, but it has been wonderful for my dry, sensitive winter skin. I slather it all over my face and neck and my skin is LOVING it. If this is a La Mer dupe, I can see why people love La Mer. It's not easy for me to achieve such hydrated, soothed skin, especially in the Winter! Best of all, it's a huge tin for only $6.99. I deducted one lippie, only because I wish it came in a fragrance free version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I usually shy away from cheap products (because I'm a snob) but I have a crush on this blue tin pot.
My aunt used it 30 years ago and I would occasionally sneak into her room and furtively open the jar and get a sniff of it. I was content with the smell alone, not the cream itself: I never dared stick my finger in it and slather some on, because I was aware the fragrance would alert my auntie. I believe my current obsession with fragrances, both perfumes and as ingredients in other cosmetics (get off my closet, Clinique!!!!) started right there and then: both my mother and my father were your typical vegan freaks who would abhor anything chemical like the plague. This brings me to the conclusion that my obsessive compulsive behaviour towards fragrances derives from my rebellion to parental prohibition... but I digress.
Sure, I do have all my tried and tested products for everything from my lashes to my toe (as my husband jokes), but my tiny blue pot is always my go-to product: moisturizing, emollient, relieving, great smelling.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No