MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 3/21/2011 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If you love nude lips, or wear smokey eyes a lot, you definitely need this in your collection. This is almost exactly the same colour as my skin, except with more pink tones in it. I love it with very dramatic eye makeup and a bit of lipgloss because it's drying. I can also see how it would make a great base for other lipsticks too. For reference I am NC20.

on 3/12/2011 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

It's a nice nude but definitely not for Medium skin. I'm NC42 for reference and this is too light for my skintone!

on 3/10/2011 9:00:00 AM

I will repurchase the moment I run out. I hope MAC never stops making this product. It is truly nude....pale...It's just skin colored! Perfect to pair with a dark or dramatic eye, perfect for the Brigitte Bardot look, or the dead look, or the chola black lip liner and nude lips look. Just perfect. ( :

I only wear myth if i pair it with a nude gloss because its too dull & flat on its own. Its a trude nude with slight pink tones. Its drying, so i exfoliate then apply lipbalm. Im a NW20 and this sort of washes me out... i like pink lips better. I wouldnt buy myth again since i had creme d nude and liked it way better. 3.5 rating

on 3/7/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am very light with pink undertones and Myth is the only thing that gives me a natural nude lip. Everything else is too brown or too white. When I tried it on in the MAC store, the makeup artist was like, "That's Myth?! It looks so different on you!". So I definitly think you need to have a very light complexion (I am fairly light in Bare Escentuals) in order to pull Myth off. My friend is asian and very olive and she uses Myth under her MAC Red lipstick and it works great as a base. :)

Myth needs to be used sparingly....dotted onto the lips and not smeared as it is sooo concentrated - that said, it is a fab base for other colours and lasts hours and hours. I think of all MAC likpsticks, this one will go into the Hall of Fame and stay there. I have found a new favourite ( Clarins nude) but Myth is my staple base. I have fair skin and blond hair/blue eyes and this works on me but I doubt that it would for darker skintones.

on 3/4/2011 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, Myth.

Myth is a wonderful, pale pale nude. Sometimes it runs the risk of "concealer lips," but more often than not looks fabulous, and can be warmed up with a light pink gloss on top. It can be a little hard to apply, or drying, but neither are a dealbreaker for me. It's a good, light nude to have in any collection, and a must for a nude lip lover.

on 2/27/2011 2:19:00 PM

yellow people------- avoid unless youre applying a sht ton of gloss on top.

pink people-- go for it

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This lipstick can be a bit drying to MY lips, but then again my lips are dry and I'm always applying lip balm. I hate the feeling of dry lips I'm a lil obsessed with lip balm, lol I like it better under a gloss because it can make my lips looked washed out, but as a base for lip gloss I love it.

on 2/24/2011 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Okay so wearing this alone is not too flattering..BUT
paired with mac creamsheen gloss in richer, lusher it's gorgeous!
I also love to use this as a "mixer" to tone down vibrant colors such as
Vegas volt & morange Myth with a tad of either one of these gives you a beautiful peachy color. Myth can be a little drying so I always put on chapstick before using it.

Recommended for Medium Skin