MAC Lustre in High Tea

4.2

on 9/5/2007 12:06:00 AM

This is one of those lipsticks I fall in love with on other people, but is a disappointment on me. If youíre reading this review you probably already know that itís sheer, gently frosty beige goodness. Lustre, so you have to reapply often, and it runs out a little fast. On my rosy lips the color shows up a bland pink. Not what I had in mind, but not a disaster. Ah well. If your lips lean a little beige or brownish, give it a shot.

on 8/22/2007 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

yes!! finally my perfect nude lipstick (my hg nude gloss: loreal butterscotch). this is def a lipstick i will purchase again and again!! for ref me: latina, dark hair, nc 35, dk brown eyes

on 8/10/2007 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Unhappy with my Laura Mercier Passion Fruit Lipstick (great color, bad taste/smell), I headed up to the MAC counter and asked the SA to find a close match for me. High Tea was almost identical; it is actually a hint darker. Gorgeous color - and I'll take the Vanilla smell and taste, creamy consistency and price tag happily.

on 6/27/2007 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i can see why some say this is very similar to Rimmel's lipstick in the color Birthday suit. on my lips they are VERY similar. not exact but very close. i don't see the pink that others describe. i just see a beige nude w/ a tinge of peach. VERY slight tinge of peach tho. doesn't wash me out...looks almost like my lipcolor. very natural and i'm sure on people w/ more pigmented lips...a great nude. i wouldn't repurchase tho since it's very close to my lipcolor. my daughter said it almost looks like i'm not wearing any lipstick..just clear shiny gloss.
update: ok in direct sunlight our outside lighting my daughter and hubby seemed to think i was wearing a very light pink color. so i guess i was wrong and there must be a tinge of pink in there somewhere. indoors tho it really just looks like a nude beige w/ a tinge of peach.
check out picture's i posted of both high tea and rimmel's birthday suit in my profile.

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

on 5/30/2007 10:24:00 PM

As others have said, itís a sheer neutral beige with just a touch of pink and a pearl finish...kind of gives your lips a candlelit glow. Suitable for all ages I think and easily swept on without a mirror. The pink can be brought out if worn with a liner on the pinkish side, or the more neutral color can be brought out if worn with a brown or nude liner. I wear High Tea alone about 99% of the time while focusing on my eyes and going for a nude look but it works for pretty much any m/u combo and is really fail-safe. Great staple for spring and summer (really the only seasons I wear it), daytime or night and itís sexy without being overt. Lasting power leaves something to be desired, but itís a Lustre so that kind of goes without saying. Gloss girls, this is a great product to cut your teeth in the lipstick world. I'm not a fan of the Lustre formula, I find them to be drying (none of MAC's other formulas do these, even the mattes), so I knocked the score down one. My third tube and I plan to repurchase! Nw15-20, light green eyes, light brown hair, pigmented lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm a definite fan of MAC lustre lipsticks. I have pigmented lips so finding a nice nude that didn't look like concealer on my lips has been difficult. This is perfect. Beige w/ some slight shimmer. Love it.

on 5/5/2007 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

High Tea is a lustre, which means a really nice glossiness. This color is a beige-ish peach color, with lots of shimmer. It looks a bit frosty, but I love the way it looks once applied. A good neutral lipstick that will match any look, imo.

on 4/9/2007 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beautiful shimmery nude with a touch of pink--a lovely shade. So glad I swapped for this; I'll be buying another when this one's gone, for sure. Love the red on the packaging which distinguishes it from my other MAC lippies. Respectfully submitted, colormepink

I have been on a quest for the perfect nude lipstick for what seems like forever now. I have fairly pigmented lips, so most nude colors either seem chalky or too brown on me. The SA at the MAC counter suggested I try High Tea with Oak pencil and C-Thru lipglass for the perfect nude look - pretty, but too much work for me, but in a moment of weakness I got High Tea anyway. And I am so glad that I did!! I 'rediscovered' High Tea in my make-up case recently and put it on with out the liner or gloss and it was perfect!! For me the trick is definitly to use it alone, and then it's my definitly My-Lips-But-Much-MUCH-Better!! This one's a winner!

on 2/20/2007 6:19:00 PM

I had been lamenting to the SA at the MAC counter about how I didn't have a nice neutral l/s in my arsenal, when she suggested High Tea as a good nude lip color. Well, it turned out that I loved it! I also learned that the trick with this look for me is to use a lip pencil (I don't usually use them), since my natural lip color is pretty pigmented.
High Tea is a great ylbb beige nude tone which looks even better when layered with Wildly Lush Plushglass. Gorgeous, subtle, and very sexy!

Popular Lipsticks