April 23, 2014 | 1869 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2005 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Artifical4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One great perfume for and summer it is a must.Refreshing in the fact it is a citrus mix. Cooling but I still smell the jasmine & lilys that I love. It is long lasting on me,good sillage for summer heat ,meaning a medium amount. It also lingers on my clothing which is unusual for me. It has a Different smell In the EDT than the EDP so check which one you are buying. I get many complments on Cristalle .

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2005 2:46:00 PM More reviews by leonie_au

Cristalle? More like citronella. Yuck!! I'm a big fan of citrus-y scents (particularly bergamot) but to me, this one smells like lemon dishwashing liquid with a couple of indistinctive grassy/floral notes in an attempt to sweeten it, I suppose? Not for me...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2005 4:04:00 AM More reviews by timbuktu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A fresh and sparkling chypre that's perfect for spring and summer. I greatly prefer the EDT with its delicious galbanum-laced lemony-greenness. There's something very revitalizing about this fragrance -- I can imagine chilling it in the fridge and spritzing on a cold blast of Cristalle on a hot summer's day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2005 2:45:00 AM More reviews by eyevieblack

My signature scent. I have been wearing it for 10 years. The smell is unusual and whimsical.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2005 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

READ THIS REVIEW - not the last one -

This is horrible. Why would Chanel make this? (I like literally every other scent by Chanel.) And why would anyone wear it? It smells musty, stale, putrid. I am shocked. Diorella by Dior is a much nicer, similar citrus fragrance.

Sorry - I am editing this review now. I prefer the EDP to the EDT of this scent, and they are both quite different. There is some sort of vegetable/woody note in this scent which is somewhat unsettling. There is a jasmine drydown which isn't totally unpleasant. Maybe it smells better on others. I don't think it works well with my chemistry.

For summery citrusy chypres I prefer Diorella (similar but with more feminine fruity peach notes), Eau Sauvage, O de Lancome, etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2005 1:26:00 PM More reviews by doroula76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've got one word for you-BORING!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2005 3:33:00 AM More reviews by danielle104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Minimac mentioned this is her sister's signature scent, she is: "an intelligent, cool blonde". That's exactly the type of person i imagine when i smell this...i see a Hitchcock blonde, such as Eva Marie Saint, or in particular, Kim Novak. I love just this fragrance! Definitely a sophisticated scent for a "lady" (not a girlie scent); as another reviewer mentioned, this is a scent for a grown-up (but not an "old-lady" type of fragrance).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by vals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is very strange how I came to like this scent. I bought it unsniffed and got a 1.7oz edt and a matching purse spray. Upon 1st spray I hated this scent.I suppose it might be the chypre in it(although I really don't know what that is) but it's maybe herbal smelling to me. I tried it again a 2nd time a few hrs. later and still got the same. I figured forget it up for swap.Then few days later I tried it again and Voila! Sparkling lemon champagne and this time a little chypre in it esp. the drydown. I did swap my big bottle but I've been using the purse spray and will possibly repurchase again. Eb*y had some pretty good deals on the EDT(which is the 1 that gets better reviews) so I'll be looking for it again. My husband complimented this scent and he rarely has anything to say about my perfume(except for the $ I spend on it-LOL) So definitly give this a try if you're looking for a nice lemony scent that in my opinion is more grown up and less chemicaly smelling than Fresh Lemon Sugar.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2005 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Thisbe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been on the search for a honeysuckle scent that I love. I recently retested Cristalle EDT and, even though it is not a "honeysuckle scent," I was so pleased with how authentic its honeysuckle note smells. I can also smell lemon and some basil. I usually don't like basil much but here it is not enough to bother me. Cristalle is on the versatile side (imo) and I would not hesitate to wear it to a formal event or to a professional one lightly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2004 12:39:00 AM More reviews by rachvt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This perfume is so overpriced and so over-rated. I would never spend 50 on this stuff. On the whole, its pretty harmless, yet not special enough for me to want to own it. And there's one element of the scent which I hated, whatever it was, it just reminded me of some cheap old lady's perfume or cologne that I smelled before as a kid and hated.