July 28, 2014 | 2225 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I have mixed feelings on this product. It does it's job with keeping your skin matte. However I don't think it does much else. I do reach for it quite a bit however (mainly to use up). The price is good so I don't feel bad purchasing. For me I really do just want a powder to keep my skin from being oily, and this does do that. I don't feel as if it sets your foundation in any way however. But that doesn't bother me. It's in my top 5 as far as powders go.

My biggest complaint is the packaging. It's not very sturdy, and the lid does have issues with staying on. So I don't think i'd ever be brave enough to travel with it. And also if you drop it, 98% chance it will crack due to the cheap packaging. It doesn't come with a mirror, or any sort of applicator either. I don't really care about that personally, but if you do, you will be disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by angelaslh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay.. so after hearing about this for ages, a couple weeks ago i decided to go out and buy it. Unfortunately there is too many negatives out weighing the positives. 1. It doesn't set into your skin, therefore making you look very cakey with even the smallest amount. 2. It latches onto all your dry spots and if you have pimples like me then it will make them stand out more with the powder. 3. It feels very heavy on your skin and unbreathable. 4. It definetly increases the size of pores and fine lines. 5. It has no staying power whatsoever. So if you live in humid weather don't even consider using this. I have no clue what all the hype is about, i feel like if everyone that loves this was to go out and try better powders they would not like this powder at all. Unless of course you like the cake faced powder look. The only positive thing i can say about this powder is that its quite cheap and if you have oily skin it will mattify your face for about 20 minutes until it wears off :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupinsider

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Here's the thing, I used to love this product and I was convinced it worked great- until I changed my powder. It does have staying power, but not that great. I keep my foundation for 10-12 hours and I found that this powder needed to be retouched way too often. I also found it actually made my foundation around my chin look worse and it kind of dried it out. It is good for 2 hours before the oil starts to show again, but the price is reasonable and if you're not as oily as I am then this might work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

I really like to use this powder to set my undereye concealer because it doesn't cake up. The shade selection of this powder is kinda weird there's a whole bunch of light shades then one random dark shade. When I use this powder on my face it's nothing special. My forehead gets pretty oily throughout the day and I don't think it keeps me matte any longer than other powders. I'll still repurchase for setting my concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Kirstenamber

I bought this in Silky Beige after hearing some good reviews about it. It was fairly inexpensive. I used to use it to set my Rimmel Stay matte Liquid Mousse Foundation. It did do a really good job mattifying my face at first but I find that it didn't last that long. However, I had no problem dusting it on again if my skin got a little oily.

After changing foundations (from Rimmet Stay Matte to Revlon Colorstay) I found that I like the powder more and it lasts longer with the new foundation. I like that it's not too pigmented and doesn't really add more colour on top of my foundation, and it has a nice finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by yesjessfuentes

It's really sad to say that I am actually disappointed with this product. I heard so much rave about it that I finally gave in.

I got the product for $5.49 on drugstore.com, and got it in shade Transparent, bec it was the only available. My skin is oily/combination, shade medium.

Upon application it looks nice and matte, but it never stays for long. The oil from my face always always seem to escape my foundation (Revlon Nearly Naked) and this pressed powder and back onto the surface- not cool.

Bottomline, I am not repurchasing.

PS: If we have the same skin type & are looking for a good light coverage setting powder, I suggest you get the Stila Hydrating Mineral Powder. It works wonders, and helps a lot during the winter. Good luck :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by yesimadancer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

I i like this powder right when I put it on but it doesnt last long. Id probably still repurchase because the effect upon immediate application is really nice but I am looking a new powder with the same effect but longer lasting... I have it in Sandstorm which is a bit dark for me ( only a tiny bit) but it looks quite natural and adds just a tiny bit of color which I love since I don't wear foundation ever really ( only for parties, events, photoshoots).
Daily I wear concealer and powder with some eye makeup so I like my powders to have a tiny bit of coverage.
Packaging isnt impressive but for such a cheap and (sort of) effective powder, who cares?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by AmeliaRad

I brought this powder upon hearing glorious reviews about it. This product to me is just ok. It mattes out my face upon application but doesn't last very long at all. Especially through sweat and oil, it lasted no longer then around 2-3 hours which was disappointing as I need powder throughout the whole day at school. Good for re applying but not for long time wearing

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by RebDesnoyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This powder is amazing. Even though I have quite normal skin, I get the tiniest bit shiny in the T-zone, and this covers it up perfectly. The formula is really silky and feels light on the skin. The only downside is the packaging, the lid flys off randomly when I travel because it isn't quite secure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by nurbina24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this pressed powder for years. I use it with a nice flat top brush and it stays nice and matte. Last about 4-5hrs before you need touch up. The packaging is not too horrible as others tend to portray it, as I said I have used this powder for like 6-7 yrs and the lid has never cracked and the lids do close fine, never had an accident with it. I love that the finis is not cakey and to be fair to me it's as good of a quality as the MAC mineralized skin finish, so you definitely can get a bargain for your money. I love this pressed powder a lot and will continue to use it.