E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

on 11/18/2009 12:47:00 AM

I have two of these. The white one and the Lilac Petal one. I honestly can not find a use for these. They don't work properly for highlight for me and I have tried using them as a base for my shadows....disaster there.....and I am no way going to use these on my lips. I wouldn't repurchase these..even though they are only $1.00 each, I think I would rather spend my dollar on something else that elf has to offer.

on 11/15/2009 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really loved this product as a highlighter. It was easy to apply and blend. And soooo reasonably priced. However after a few uses it seperated extensively despite me shaking it before use. I now use the all over colour stick which does the same job for the same price. Overall not a bad product for the price and at 1.50 id probably repurchase if i couldnt get the all over colour stick.

I bought "Lilac Petal" from E.L.F, it's a shimmering facial whip, and it works very well as a light high lighter. The picture looks as if it's going to be kind of nude tone, but it's really like a light light pink. I would so buy this profuct again, I really like it.
I normally use it right on cheek bones and on my eyebrow bone to high light it. It looks really cute.
It has also a bit of sparkles to it, so you only need a little bit.

Hope this helps!

on 11/11/2009 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I have this in Toasted, it smells really nice not that shimmery @ all.

i use it under bronzers and it really looks nice.. no leaks, no oily feeling, nothing it is one of the best products of ELF

on 11/9/2009 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought these in all the colors. I really like them. I wouldn't call them a just blush though. I mix the spotlight color in with my moisturizer, it gives a nice shimmer. They work great as eyeshadow bases too. For a high light in corner of the eyes. They are really a great product!

on 11/7/2009 2:49:00 AM

I bought two Shimmering Facial Whips, one in Citrus and one in Pink Lemonade. I figured I could use them for brow highlighters, eyeshadow bases (over primer), sparkly blush, and lip gloss if needed... just like advertised.

Pros:
Nice color selection
Multiuse
Inexpensive

Cons:
Way too sparkly for blush
Does NOT last, even over primer
Consistency very watery and the micas float on the top of anything squeezed out

Not the greatest. Pink Lemonade can be a decent blush at times and Citrus can pull together a peachy smoky eye.

on 10/23/2009 4:16:00 PM

I ordered several of these in different shades off of the E.L.F. website.
When I got them and opened them up they started to leak everywhere! The pointy part that it squeezes out of started to break away from the neck of the tube so it was all over the place. I wish I had some empty containers at the time so I could have saved it.
The shimmer was awesome, and was somethng that I would have loved for going out on the town.
I might think about getting some pigment containers at a craft store, and buying some more, because they were really beautiful... I just wouldn't recomend keeping this product in it's original packaging, because you don't want it to suddenly break in your makeup bag!!!

on 10/8/2009 1:20:00 AM

I got this in Lilac Petal. The color doesn't really fit my skin tone, so I might get this in Pink Lemonade next. The smell is CRAZY GOOD. I wish they had a fragrance for it. But anyway, yes, it is SHIMMERY, but only if you don't moderate it. I just dab on a very small dot on both cheeks, blend, and then place blush on top and it gives me a nice glow. I didn't have eyeshadow primer on hand once, so I used this beneath my eyeshadow, and it really brought out the color more. For just $1, it's worth trying. A little goes a long way.

on 10/6/2009 4:41:00 PM

I can see how some people would think this is too shimmery, but you need to use it as a highlighter and just a little. It really gives my skin a nice glow.

on 8/10/2009 4:01:00 AM

It's sticky, but gives a gorgeous glow. I thought it would have been larger, but it's actually very small. Smaller than some lip gloss tubes. It also is watery.