November 27, 2014 | 1398 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought two Shimmering Facial Whips, one in Citrus and one in Pink Lemonade. I figured I could use them for brow highlighters, eyeshadow bases (over primer), sparkly blush, and lip gloss if needed... just like advertised.

Pros:
Nice color selection
Multiuse
Inexpensive

Cons:
Way too sparkly for blush
Does NOT last, even over primer
Consistency very watery and the micas float on the top of anything squeezed out

Not the greatest. Pink Lemonade can be a decent blush at times and Citrus can pull together a peachy smoky eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by SherJonesy

I ordered several of these in different shades off of the E.L.F. website.
When I got them and opened them up they started to leak everywhere! The pointy part that it squeezes out of started to break away from the neck of the tube so it was all over the place. I wish I had some empty containers at the time so I could have saved it.
The shimmer was awesome, and was somethng that I would have loved for going out on the town.
I might think about getting some pigment containers at a craft store, and buying some more, because they were really beautiful... I just wouldn't recomend keeping this product in it's original packaging, because you don't want it to suddenly break in your makeup bag!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by TurboPanda

I got this in Lilac Petal. The color doesn't really fit my skin tone, so I might get this in Pink Lemonade next. The smell is CRAZY GOOD. I wish they had a fragrance for it. But anyway, yes, it is SHIMMERY, but only if you don't moderate it. I just dab on a very small dot on both cheeks, blend, and then place blush on top and it gives me a nice glow. I didn't have eyeshadow primer on hand once, so I used this beneath my eyeshadow, and it really brought out the color more. For just $1, it's worth trying. A little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by ajespersen

I can see how some people would think this is too shimmery, but you need to use it as a highlighter and just a little. It really gives my skin a nice glow.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by bisco

It's sticky, but gives a gorgeous glow. I thought it would have been larger, but it's actually very small. Smaller than some lip gloss tubes. It also is watery.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 5:27:00 AM More reviews by ilovenozomi

I mix a small drop of this with my Olay Total Effects moisturizer and it gives me a dewy glow underneath my mineral foundation. It didn't break me out either. But I hate that it separates and that I have to shake it really hard before using.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by ias23

it really highlights my cheek but this is sticky and bit watery, i need to shake the container before i use. i think i just got the bad tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Chazity22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is awesome . It gives a really great highlight to your cheekbone and is also a great base for your eyeshadow . its a very versatile product. you can use it for so many things. the only thing i dont like is you cant shake it like you could if were in a little bottle . (its in a squeeze tube) but if you dont like the squeeze bottle you can depot it into to something you like. overall i love this product and would definitely buy it agian

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by zephyr8989

I bought this product a while ago in lilac petal, tried it once, but I hated it because it was so difficult to blend, and it quickly sank to the bottom of my makeup bag. Then, just a few days ago when I was whipping up a batch of tinted moisturizer (moisturizer + mineral powder), I figured I might try adding a bit of moisturizer to this facial whip. When I mixed them together, it made a GORGEOUS cheek and browbone highlight. It wasn't too shimmery because it was a little less concentrated, and it blended perfectly. Definitely going to buy it again since it's just a dollar. (when combined with a moisturizer though)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by estherwest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product in three colours with the intension of using it as an eyeshadow base, not as a blush. I have never used it on my cheecks and have read reviews saying it isn't great. HOWEVER, it is probably the cheapest eye shadow base around and it really works. It stops creasing, makes the eye shadow last and makes the colours really shimmery and vibrant. I apply a tiny amount with a flat eye shadow brush and blend it out before I apply my powder eye shadow.