April 18, 2014 | 1561 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is THE DEFINITIVE POWDER for shine. It's a MAC Cult and classic all in one. Once you've appled it to your oily area (T Zone) or all over if you are that prone to oil/shine, there's hardly a need to reapply, that's how well it works. You could apply it 100 times if you wanted as it will never look cakey. It is so transparent (beyond translcent) when MAC first came out with it they only had Light and Medium. You can use Medium on a very dark skin tone and it would not look ashey. It just vanished shine and for longer than any other oil absorbing poduct on the market. It's used constantly on TV and in films on bald men or men who shave their heads as there's nohing attractive about a shiny bald head, especially in High Definition. They came out with differnt colors to appease the consumer. It has no real color of its own in the sense one is used to with powder. It's due to the fact there are very little color pigments as the formula is more geared to iradicating shine w/out deposit of any color. I don't care what skincare/cosmetic company has for shine which is either applied under or over makeup they do not perform like this truely amazing product. If you have always been bothered with oily/shiny skin all over or just in places this is what you've been looking for your whole life. Men use it as well as it is invisible. It's not cheap nor expensive, but worth every penny charged. It also lasts long as you use so little of it and barely ever need to reapply it. I prefer to apply it with a brush as oposed to the puff which comes with it. The size of the brush is important. The smaller the brush, the more deposit of product. A large brush will put this on too thinly. I like a small kabooki type style (a bit smaller than a blush/contour brush) with short/firmer hair. Marvelous!!! One of the BEST things MAC has ever come out with!!!!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by MaudyMac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and this powder is the only one that has made a huge difference in terms of reducing shine without looking cakey or powdery!

A good technique is to press the powder into the skin rather than swiping it across the skin. Pressing deposits the product where it is needed and helps in keeping the shine at bay for longer! Product looks transcluscent on the skin, so it doesn't add any colour.

I loooove this product for my oily skin!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by mka87

This is good, but I feel it's no better than my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. I actually bought this for the stage (to keep me matte for a performance) and it didn't hold up THAT well on my Studio Fix Fluid, but for everyday use on my lighter foundations, it works much more efficiently. I think I expected more given the hype and good reviews. I adore the packaging and it's a cracking product for on the go. So overall, I like it. I'll use it but I'm not sure I'd purchase it again as it's quite pricey. Hmm, MAC, hmm....

EDIT** I gave up on this, went back to it a couple of months later and realised how powdery it looks on top of foundation. Not great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by SayItLoud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very good compact powder. I usually need something with more power during the hottest months. But most of the year this is enough to keep me from looking too greasy. One touch up during the day and that's it. Really, this is more of a touch-up powder than a setting powder. The best thing about it is that it doesn't cake up.

I appreciate that MAC sells this in a number of tones, even while they say it deposits no pigment. It's a much better option than using a supposed one tone fits all translucent powder, which really only work for lighter skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't used this powder in a while, because my skin is not oily anymore, so I don't really need it. However, when i was living in Thailand for a few months, I used this product a lot and I loved it. The hot and humid weather made my skin a lot more oily and I applied this product every morning and it would keep shine at bay for hours. It was also easy to touch up, no problems with caking or a powdery finish, which was great. It doesn't deposit a lot of color, but the finish was very nice, very natural. The only problem I had with this product was that it cracked pretty easily. I never dropped it, but just carrying it around in my bag proved to be too much for this powder. I would repurchase if I were experiencing increased oiliness.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried other powders, but for me, this one is the best. My skin is very acne-prone and gets *very* oily throughout the day, and Blot doesn't aggravate my acne and, I think, helps control the oil. Even late in the day when my skin feels really oily, with Blot, it doesn't look oily. I use the lightest shade and it matches perfectly with my skin. I've repurchased so many times and I'll continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by pmonga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have moderately oily skin for most of the time (blot every 5-6 hours), but due to hormones/stress, at times my skin gets VERY oily :( (like need to blot 2 hours after applying makeup).

This was the very first powder I purchased a few years ago, back when my skin was more or less normal (barely oily) and I found I had no use for it. It sat forgotten for so long. Fast-forward to when my skin type changed, and I tried a TON of powders and mattifying gels to combat my oiliness (YSL, LM, Too Faced, Bobbi Brown, Makeup Forever, drugstore). Nothing worked exceptionally well. One day I tried this again and it blew the others out of the water! Now I use it daily on top of foundation and tinted moisturizer/BB cream. I have already re-purchased and will do so again. It's annoying to have wasted so much money on the other powders to satisfy my curiosity and search for something perfect because honestly, this just works.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised on how many people like this product. I seriously would tried every way of applying this and within an hour or two, I would have a severely oily face. I gave this a good two weeks to convince me of its powers. I returned this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is a staple in my make-up bag!

I'm an NC40-43 and I use the shade Medium/Dark. It looks a little light in the pan, but this powder is essentially colorless. It's great to carry for touch-ups and works well as a setting powder for liquid or cream foundation. This also works well to offset bronzer or blush if you applied too much -- just dust a little bit over your bronzer/blush with a powder brush and it looks great. This works amazing at mattifying your face if you're oily.

I don't use the enclosed applicator (which cultivates bacteria) but instead apply this with my Ecotools retractable kabuki brush.

It's also great that this doesn't contain pore-clogging talc or bismuth oxychloride -- that's actually the main reason I purchased this.

My only gripe with this product is that the powder is too soft. It cracked in my make-up bag and now I have a huge chunk of it missing from the pan. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by hirotoki

i LOVE this power! i think i have finally found my HG, it leaves my face looking matte ( which is what i love) and it does wonder controlling my super oily skin. this is the first powder i used that have been able to keep the slick under the bay. it keeps me almost shine free for more than 5 hrs which is great ( just a little oily on my nose) and it doesnt leave the face looking cakey even if reapplied. the only downside is i'm not a big fan of the mac puff, but that has nothing to do with the powder. i will be repurchasing this over and over again. ps it hasn't broke me out.