MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

As another reviewer commented, this powder does run VERY light. MAC does not make a foundation shade light enough for me, however Blot in Light is almost too light. It does not have a heavy feel at all, very light and airy,even better when applied with a powder brush. On me, it controls oil for about 8 hours, and even then I'll just use a blotting sheet and some more powder and I'm good to go. I use this with F&B (N1 mixed with white) and it provides a very natural finish.

I'm on my 4th compact of this, so obviously I would rec this to a friend.

on 9/4/2012 3:00:00 PM

This runs veeerrrrry light. My summer shade is NW30 and medium dark is very light when first put on. When it settles into your face though, you don't look like a ghost. If I were a hair darker than NW30, I'd get the darker color. Maybe the oils oxidize it and turn it darker while wearing?

This being said, this powder is a godsend. I have been soooo oily all summer and I set my makeup with this and reapply as my face looks shiny (which is less often w this product). Nothing has ever made my face more matte. I also put a teeny bit under bottom eyelashes to prevent mascara/liner smudging. I use the puff it came with and like the finish it gives.

Highly recommend if your forehead looks like mine (an oil slick)!!

on 8/21/2012 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

MAC SFF/Powder: NC35/C35
MUFE Mat Velvet+: 40
MUFE HD: 127
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H: 410 Bisque W
___________________________________________________
I love, love, love MAC Blot Powder. I have it in Medium/Dark. It has SO many uses. Depending on the situation, I use it to set my liquid foundation, blot my T-zone and even as a stand-alone foundation when I forget my SF powder. I've never used a powder as versatile and as useful. One compact has lasted me for years and I've repurchased it many times.

_____________
Pros:
- matches my shade year-round
- universally appealing (IMO)
- appeases the oils in my face
- doesn't exaggerate dry spots

Cons:
- price!

on 8/16/2012 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My shade is medium dark. It really controls oil. I just love this product.

on 8/15/2012 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I don't usually review overhyped products but I want to add my two cents here. Obviously this is the holy grail in oil control for many people, but as it turns out, blot powder just doesn't like me. Not only did it do nothing to control oil on my face, it gave me a crop of stubborn whiteheads around my chin area. Hopefully I still have the receipt lying somewhere around my car.

on 8/7/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This product was very hyped up. I wasn't as imrpessed with this product as other people seem to be. I have oily skin but not very oily so I thought it would work out well. To be fair, it does matte your skin, but it wasn't amazing. I had to reapply every 3-4 hours, and I guess I was expecting it to last all day especially for the price I paid. Not to mention that it does have the tendency to cake up or look too powdery, even if I apply very loosely with a powder brush. I guess this worked out well for some people, but unfortunately not for me.

on 7/30/2012 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a long time favorite. Applied properly with a kabuki brush is practically invisible, just takes keeps the face matte for a decent amount of time without adding any color. Nice sturdy compact, doesn't irritate my skin or break me out.
The only reason I took a lipstick off it that it can look obvious if you don't blend very well/ add a bit more than you should and I feel that prep+prime powder might be better for oil contol (will try it next)
It's worth a try, though!

on 7/25/2012 4:22:00 PM

I am in love with this powder. I use this as a finishing powder after applying my Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Combo skin and my makeup doesn't move all day. I rarely even need to touch up during the day. It also doesn't leave a chalky finish and I don't get a lot of residue transfer. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

on 7/18/2012 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love mac products but for some reason this does not work for me. i have oily skin and when i apply mid-day i still need to apply more later on.

on 7/3/2012 12:20:00 PM

I actually got this as an exchange when returning mineralize skin finish natural in medium which looked really pink on me. They didn't have the light-plus shade in msfn which I read is better suited to my skin tone (NC20-25), so I went for blot powder instead. SO GLAD that I did. I live in 40C (over 100F) heat and humidity and I have very oily skin as it is. This is an absolute godsend. I wear it on it's own over my moisturizer with a bit of blush. I got it in medium-dark. This shade looks great on me, and even though it doesn't deposit much color onto the skin it somehow evens me out and makes me look about 5 years younger and really fresh. It doesn't dry my skin out or cause flakiness, even though I use it over a hardcore oil-control moisturizer (which wasn't doing the job on it's own - that's how oily I am). It also blurs out my massive pores. It's truly amazing and I absolutely recommend it to anyone with oily skin.

Recommended for Normal Skin