December 21, 2014 | 1460 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am in love with this powder. I use this as a finishing powder after applying my Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Combo skin and my makeup doesn't move all day. I rarely even need to touch up during the day. It also doesn't leave a chalky finish and I don't get a lot of residue transfer. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by carmenle22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love mac products but for some reason this does not work for me. i have oily skin and when i apply mid-day i still need to apply more later on.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sarahmcqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually got this as an exchange when returning mineralize skin finish natural in medium which looked really pink on me. They didn't have the light-plus shade in msfn which I read is better suited to my skin tone (NC20-25), so I went for blot powder instead. SO GLAD that I did. I live in 40C (over 100F) heat and humidity and I have very oily skin as it is. This is an absolute godsend. I wear it on it's own over my moisturizer with a bit of blush. I got it in medium-dark. This shade looks great on me, and even though it doesn't deposit much color onto the skin it somehow evens me out and makes me look about 5 years younger and really fresh. It doesn't dry my skin out or cause flakiness, even though I use it over a hardcore oil-control moisturizer (which wasn't doing the job on it's own - that's how oily I am). It also blurs out my massive pores. It's truly amazing and I absolutely recommend it to anyone with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by kristenmxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this powder, my face is an oily mess and as soon as I put this powder on top I feel flawless! It lasts a few hours then starts feeling oily again but what do you expect.. Usually don't need to touch up which is amazing. I have re-purchased many many times! Mostly because I run out very quickly but all in all definitely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

For me this is just meh. It can look quite powdery so you have to be careful. I don't find that it absorbs oil amazingly, but it is ok. It certainly doesn't make skin MORE oily like mineral makeup can. Shades run very light...I am NC 20 and use medium dark. I find the pressed powder is very convenient but i wont buy this again because it doesnt contain spf...if i am using a pressed powder for touchups throughout it may as well add sun protection. otherwise i prefer ben nye luxury powder to this (tho not practical for the makeup bag)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I LOVE this powder! I have gone through about three of these compacts. I never do that with any product, except for maybe one lipstick and a few eyeshadows. I'm a huge fan of Mac cosmetics and this product is probably one of my most favorite ones.

I use this powder in Medium. I have pretty fair skin during the winter months and I have never had a problem with this powder being too dark or off-color. I think perhaps unless you are super pale you will want to pick up the Medium powder.

I tend to use this as a setting powder. Until recently I've never really had a problem with my face needing to be blotted throughout the day, but now I do. I am not currently using this powder as I wanted to try out Coty's loose face powder. I do plan on repurchasing this product though and trying it out with my current foundation. I will try to update on how it functions as a "blotting powder" and not just as a setting powder. I personally recommend using this product as a setting powder that won't sufficate your skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by darkcrystal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i will only review something i really think is worth writing about... this is one of those products you want to buy a million of just incase it secretly gets discontinued! i am currently using nars sheer glow (siberia), which is mad seeing as i get very very shiny but these two teamed together just makes the most beautiful base i have ever seen. i use this in light and it seems to just even out my skin tone and take a little of the yellow out of my foundation (score - colour matching is my worst nightmare). it seems to keep me shine free without taking any life out of my face, or giving any white cast, it allows you to be matte and glowy at the same time! for very pale girls, give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by groove

A good powder to throw in you bag for touch ups through the day. Sets liquid foundations well, lasts a long time, because you don't need to use alot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

My skin is VERY oily and i have bought so many different foundations and creams to try and control it well i think i finally found my answer! My routine...wash face, apply toner, then i pat on Pur Minerals Under Control mattifying gel, MAC Studio Fix foundation then THIS blot powder to set. I love it because i dont get oily like i use to...i dont need blot papers anymore and i can reapply anytime and it never gets cakey. I carry this with me at all times in my makeup bag. it came with a powder puff thingy but I apply with an E.L.F powder brush i bought for a buck at target.
It doesnt give you color but the MAC rep gave me a med/dark shade. I havent had any issues applying over my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

Blot powder is absolutely amazing, its a daily staple for me and my foundation routine. I always set my liquid foundation & concealer with this, then I go on with my Studio Fix, or Pur Minerals powder. Blot Powder is a must if you want that freshly applied look all day- I have tried using my other powders alone, and they simply do not last without adding blot powder in the mix. I do use other oil controlling products (A Shiseido oil control Cleanser & MAC Oil Control Lotion) and obviously a primer, and they all work in conjunction together. I always wanted products that would help my foundation look freshly applied all day- and I think blot powder is the biggest help. I only need to touch up once all day, which is fantastic. Blot powder tends to run light, but I still use the Medium shade (was using Medium Dark)- because I find if you place it over foundation that it slightly can look darker. There is only one downside to this product, and thats the amount. I hit pan in about 3 weeks time, and I find myself repurchasing it alot- and I don't even use very much product when setting my foundation. I wish they still sold the loose version of this because I would gladly purchase it. All in all, an amazing product.