MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

on 8/15/2012 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I don't usually review overhyped products but I want to add my two cents here. Obviously this is the holy grail in oil control for many people, but as it turns out, blot powder just doesn't like me. Not only did it do nothing to control oil on my face, it gave me a crop of stubborn whiteheads around my chin area. Hopefully I still have the receipt lying somewhere around my car.

on 8/7/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This product was very hyped up. I wasn't as imrpessed with this product as other people seem to be. I have oily skin but not very oily so I thought it would work out well. To be fair, it does matte your skin, but it wasn't amazing. I had to reapply every 3-4 hours, and I guess I was expecting it to last all day especially for the price I paid. Not to mention that it does have the tendency to cake up or look too powdery, even if I apply very loosely with a powder brush. I guess this worked out well for some people, but unfortunately not for me.

on 7/30/2012 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a long time favorite. Applied properly with a kabuki brush is practically invisible, just takes keeps the face matte for a decent amount of time without adding any color. Nice sturdy compact, doesn't irritate my skin or break me out.
The only reason I took a lipstick off it that it can look obvious if you don't blend very well/ add a bit more than you should and I feel that prep+prime powder might be better for oil contol (will try it next)
It's worth a try, though!

on 7/25/2012 4:22:00 PM

I am in love with this powder. I use this as a finishing powder after applying my Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Combo skin and my makeup doesn't move all day. I rarely even need to touch up during the day. It also doesn't leave a chalky finish and I don't get a lot of residue transfer. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

on 7/18/2012 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love mac products but for some reason this does not work for me. i have oily skin and when i apply mid-day i still need to apply more later on.

on 7/3/2012 12:20:00 PM

I actually got this as an exchange when returning mineralize skin finish natural in medium which looked really pink on me. They didn't have the light-plus shade in msfn which I read is better suited to my skin tone (NC20-25), so I went for blot powder instead. SO GLAD that I did. I live in 40C (over 100F) heat and humidity and I have very oily skin as it is. This is an absolute godsend. I wear it on it's own over my moisturizer with a bit of blush. I got it in medium-dark. This shade looks great on me, and even though it doesn't deposit much color onto the skin it somehow evens me out and makes me look about 5 years younger and really fresh. It doesn't dry my skin out or cause flakiness, even though I use it over a hardcore oil-control moisturizer (which wasn't doing the job on it's own - that's how oily I am). It also blurs out my massive pores. It's truly amazing and I absolutely recommend it to anyone with oily skin.

on 6/27/2012 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder, my face is an oily mess and as soon as I put this powder on top I feel flawless! It lasts a few hours then starts feeling oily again but what do you expect.. Usually don't need to touch up which is amazing. I have re-purchased many many times! Mostly because I run out very quickly but all in all definitely worth it!

on 6/17/2012 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For me this is just meh. It can look quite powdery so you have to be careful. I don't find that it absorbs oil amazingly, but it is ok. It certainly doesn't make skin MORE oily like mineral makeup can. Shades run very light...I am NC 20 and use medium dark. I find the pressed powder is very convenient but i wont buy this again because it doesnt contain spf...if i am using a pressed powder for touchups throughout it may as well add sun protection. otherwise i prefer ben nye luxury powder to this (tho not practical for the makeup bag)

on 6/17/2012 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this powder! I have gone through about three of these compacts. I never do that with any product, except for maybe one lipstick and a few eyeshadows. I'm a huge fan of Mac cosmetics and this product is probably one of my most favorite ones.

I use this powder in Medium. I have pretty fair skin during the winter months and I have never had a problem with this powder being too dark or off-color. I think perhaps unless you are super pale you will want to pick up the Medium powder.

I tend to use this as a setting powder. Until recently I've never really had a problem with my face needing to be blotted throughout the day, but now I do. I am not currently using this powder as I wanted to try out Coty's loose face powder. I do plan on repurchasing this product though and trying it out with my current foundation. I will try to update on how it functions as a "blotting powder" and not just as a setting powder. I personally recommend using this product as a setting powder that won't sufficate your skin. :)

on 6/6/2012 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

i will only review something i really think is worth writing about... this is one of those products you want to buy a million of just incase it secretly gets discontinued! i am currently using nars sheer glow (siberia), which is mad seeing as i get very very shiny but these two teamed together just makes the most beautiful base i have ever seen. i use this in light and it seems to just even out my skin tone and take a little of the yellow out of my foundation (score - colour matching is my worst nightmare). it seems to keep me shine free without taking any life out of my face, or giving any white cast, it allows you to be matte and glowy at the same time! for very pale girls, give it a try!

Recommended for Normal Skin