The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

on 10/8/2010 5:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I heard about tea tree oil for long time, but just give it a shot lately. I bought it like 6 months ago, but never use it daily, only when I have blemish I will apply it until it disappear. I apply it using my clean finger since I though using cotton or qtip only will waste the product.

Pros:
1. I did not find any.

Cons:
1. Smell horrible. I hate it smells, I can't find any word to describe the smell.
2. It do nothing on me. I keep using it, but I don't really feel that it helps to dry my acne.
3. Yes, it is not very expensive, but trust me it doesn't worth every penny of your money.

I definitely will not repurchase it, just waste my money. I give it a try like 4 or 5 times, and it never work. Every time I have blemish and apply it, it took more than1 week to make it dry, just like if I'm not apply it.

on 8/18/2010 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Iíve been using this every night for the last 3 weeks and only skip it 1 night. It works very slowly.
This product comes in a small green-glass bottle. You get 13 ml for 6 euros, and it is only 15% tea tree oil. Itís supposed to help drying the blemishes, but itís not very fast doing it. At first I used cotton pads but then I changed to q-tips to apply it. With the cotton pads you end up using too much product and the q-tips just absorb a drop or two, but then get dry very quick when you apply it to your skin, so maybe you have to re-apply if they get dry too fast.
The best thing about this product is that it really helps drying the blemishes (slowly, but faster than not using it), but it does not dry the rest of the skin (I thought it could happen when I used cotton pads).
I guess I wonít be buying it again because I will try to find 100% tea tree oil and see if it makes any difference.

on 8/11/2010 9:43:00 AM

I started to use it about a week and I think I haven't see any significant result since my face always broke up since I use EMC........

But I noticed a little change on my blemished, it dries slowly (not as fast as I want) but it does calm down my acne, and my cystic acne too (but again it's not as fast as I want). It takes time, so I'll finish my bottle and maybe will repurchase again if it really works. I use q tips on each of my pimples every night.

So Now I think I give up for beauty products that add "miracle" inside their campaign because it's too good to be true....

13.08.2010: I use it every night as a night serum and day before I put my bb cream. Felt good....hopefully it will help my very blemished face....

It's not..... I confused with my face. Think imma back to my old routine

on 8/11/2010 5:40:00 AM

On the whole it's an average product. helps clear pimples but occassionally makes them worst. I think it just speeds up the pimple drying process so that's ok.

However it's quite expensive considering thursday's plantation tea tree oil is pure and way cheaper =P

won't be repurchasing this as it's too expensive and not as effective as other pimple fighting products.

on 8/3/2010 8:19:00 PM

I use this as a spot-treatment - not every night so it's lasted me several months now. It's effective at drying out blemishes, not the best but it does the job.
Terrible packaging though. I wasn't sure how to extract the oil at first - and often will spill way too much out. I'm still using it for those emergency breakouts but won't be repurchasing this product.

on 8/2/2010 6:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Works very well for drying out spots and blemishes. It is a UK product so obviously having it shipping to USA will jack up the price, here it is reasonably priced.
Packaging is ok, it is a small glass bottle do don't drop it on a hard floor, because it'll chip and leak! So don't leave it around the bathroom..
Personally I love this product!

on 7/18/2010 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i forgot the price of this product, it's been on my bathroom countertop for quite a while. i think 12 dollars? a bit pricey, but i have a 250 mL bottle, and i use a qtip to soak it with tea tree oil, and i apply it to pimples. last night, i had an ugly pimple with pus in it, and in the morning, the pus was gone! i don't know.. did it pop during my sleep..? it wasn't red and bloody in the morning, it just looked like a closed little bump on my skin which really surprised me, cause those kind of pimples would usually have somme dry blood.. but i guess this tea tree oil worked on it! haha surprised me too.

i may repurchase this again, but probably in a smaller tube 'cause i don't use this often. hope this helps!

on 7/7/2010 1:42:00 PM

This product is useless besides being way too costly for its quality and effectiveness(the one I bought from a Health Shop had far better efficacy). It's nothing close to pure tea tree essential oil, and thus, works like any other diluted substance which apparently has no or minute effect. One would expect to wait for a year or so to observe satisfactory results, of which at least I' am not sure. Anyway, as suggested by others, it is absolutely good for nothing/ waste of money....

on 7/1/2010 3:38:00 AM

Okay packaging... Very expensive for this little bottle.

I've been only using this for 1.5 weeks and I'm already over halfway through the bottle! :(

But, it doesnt break me out and my pimples get smaller.

on 6/22/2010 10:49:00 PM

*******DO NOT BUY TEA TREE OIL FROM THE BODY SHOP*******

This tea tree oil is .33 fl oz. and it costs about $9.00 I got "Dessert Essence" tea tree oil from Whole Foods for $11.00 - and i got 2 fl oz. I LOVE tea tree oil, but this price is SO JACKED.

Also, this tea tree oil from The Body Shop is only 15% tea tree oil. The one I got from Whole Foods is 100%.

DO NOT BUY IT from the body shop. Waste of money.

Popular Treatments (Face)