October 26, 2014 | 1241 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

People on the make up board go nuts for this stuff and I always see it recommended. To be honest, it doesn't do enough for my straight asian lashes - it doesn't thicken or lengthen enough. For someone who already has nice lashes, this could be a great "pick me up" product but for someone who doesn't have lashes to begin with..this simply isn't dramatic enough to make it look like you have lashes. The non-waterproof kind doesn't hold a curl and the waterproof kind still smudges.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by liddalidda

best mascara ever. I have short sparse Asian lashes and after a few coats I have really thick long lashes. it's true to the name and my lashes are still super soft after application which means it looks quite natural too! I am already using my 4th tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by redstampede

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite mascaras; true to the name, I wear it when I want fuller-looking (but more natural) lashes. my eyelashes are already medium length, so this helps darken them and makes them stand out. It really is a softer formula; my lashes are flexible and fluttery. I love the way it looks; I use it every day and have stocked up on extra tubes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by ChubbyBunny3698

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOL, some people will hate me for writing this, sorry for being a party pooper. Full 'N Soft, more like Full Of Crap. I'm a sucker for makeup, and I got totally sucked in when I watched Michelle Phan's On The Go Drugstore Mascara review. She was so hyped up about Maybelline's Full 'N Soft mascara, and of course I was super worked up and hyped about Maybelline's Full 'N Soft mascara. After reading all the positive reviews and comments about full, feathery light and soft lashes, I rushed out of my house and bought the mascara from my local drugstore quicker than you can say " Full 'N Soft. Maybe it's me, but I kinda had high standards for this mascara, seeing all those positive raves and comments about.

Proclaimed Benefits (got it off from the official Maybelline website):
Builds full, healthy-looking lashes without the brittle feel (True, my lashes looks much feathery and full, without feeing like the mascara is weighing my lashed down, which is a big tick in my book. )
Prevents loss of lashes with patented Quick Dissolve System that allows easy mascara removal (Undetermined.)
Advanced thickening formula with Vitamin E helps to soften and nourish lashes (True, I'm not quite sure about the Vitamin E, but my doesn't feel crunchy or brittle, even after I washed the mascara off.)
No clumps, no mess (False, well for me, there was really much clumps that you can't deal with, but the mascara will smudge a little on my under eye area, especially during the spring season, I will always rub my eyes due to allergies. )
Contact lens safe and hypoallergenic (True, personally I wear glasses, so I couldn't test if they were safe for contact lens wearers, but my friend wear contacts with this mascara, and it didn't irritate or went onto her contacts. Thumbs up for contact lens wearers.)
Washable, also available in Waterproof formula (True, it might seem that the waterproof formula of the Full 'N Soft mascara might have much more of a better staying power.)

Packaging:
For regular drugstore mascara, you can't really ask or expect much. This packaging is alright, it got its basic long cylinder mascara tube and nothing really that special, that draws you in.

On my lashes:
I suppose this mascara doesn't glide on like butter, alike Lancome's Definicil or Hypnose, but the mascara isn't too wet or dry when I apply to my lashes. To be honest, I was looking forward to some Va va voom actions, with great voluminzing, thickening and separation abilities. If you are looking for a mascara with good separation, this might not be the mascara for you, however if you are looking for fuller and voluminzing effect, this is the bomb. The really negative thing, that made me dislike this whole mascara, is that the lift of my lashes doesn't for the entire day, even when I've curl my lashes beforehand. It have a tendency to drop :(

Ingredients:
WATER/AQUA, BEESWAX/CERA ALBA, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PPG-17/IPD/DMPA COPOLYMER, COPERNICIA CERIFERA WAX/ CARNAUBA, PARAFFIN, NYLON-12, POLYETHYLENE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, STEARIC ACID, PVP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, PALMITIC ACID, PVP, SILICA, SYNTHETIC WAX, PANTHENOL, DIMETHICONOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, ISOCETETH-20, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM EDTA, SIMETHICONE, OCTYLaCRYLAMIDE/ACRYLATES/BUTYLAMINOETHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,LECITHIN, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, BUTYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1, 3 OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN: FIL D97/5

Price- AUS $18.45 regular retail price
Would I repurchase- No sorry, this isn't the mascara for me, next. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

First and foremost, this mascara is only seven bucks! And its carried in most drugstores nationwide. This gem may not be in a pretty hot pink tube, with girly neon colors, it may not have vibrating brushes or fancy flashing lights, however this mascara is SOLID... and I do not leave the house without a tube in my aersenol (I have 4 tubes total).

Full N Soft Waterproof also does all of the things I want a mascara to do adding length and separation to my lashes while holding a curl, so that I look wide awake (even when Im not).

Full N Soft doesnt flake, smudge or run, I dont get bumps or clumps... just smooth, evenly coated lashes, which means I get control over how my lashes look. This is a must with mascara... you should always be in control and be able to minipulate the product you are working with, this is the beauty of makeup.

Another thing I really like about this mascara is how well it layers. When I want them to look natural, like for the beach, I just apply one or two layers for that feathery, separated look. Or when Im craving something more dramatic, Ill do three or four. With this being said, no matter how many layers, how much drama, or where I am and what I am doing- this mascara stays put and looks beautiful all day long.

My results with this mascara are consistently great, which is why I always have a tube of it with me. If you have not tried this, I urge you to do so. This mascara gives the look of a high end product with a drug store price. What more could you ask for?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mariesarah53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara! And I usually hate Maybelline mascaras -- The Rocket, Colossal, and Falsies SUCKED for me, but this one is a lot different. It's very natural looking and it doesn't give me that obvious mascara look, which is great for me because I'm a big natural makeup person. I also really appreciate the old school applicator too; plastic bristles usually hurt my eyes. The only con is that it takes longer to dry so it can smudge upon application if you aren't careful, but because of this, you aren't left with super stiff crunchy lashes either. It's also really easy to remove which I like; hard to remove mascaras pull some of my lashes out which I obviously want to avoid as much as possible!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by KamieShammy

I have the waterproof version and this is one of my go to mascaras!

Most people don't like the waterproof version but when its a rainy day, I can turn just about anyone into a believer becuase of the amazing staying power!

It's not super messy or liquidy like most Maybelline mascaras, although I do wipe off the brush on a paper towel before I apply to make sure it doesn't clump. It doesn't give me any added volume, but it's super natural looking and great for every day.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Merkury

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

One word: AWFUL. Maybe I got a bad batch but this stuff was just atrocious. It gave me brittle spidery lashes and flaked off like crazy. I will NEVER buy this stuff again!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great mascara for everyday use. Soft and natural with no flakes love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by aznflower101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The mascara gave a very natural lash look. My lashes stayed soft. I liked it but by the end of the day it would be a bit smudged. I bought the non-waterproof one so that would make sense.