November 23, 2014 | 1992 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by fcirone1

I am reviewing the edp. This is extremely different than the edt which doesn't smell as deep as compared to the edp. The edp just melts into your skin and smells like powder and iris to me...very clean and soothing..i love to spray it on after my shower before going to sleep i feel very clean and comforting. Lovely scent, nice break from my other scents which i have plenty of....i think i will always have this in my fragrance wardrobe. Would love to try the bath powder..hard to find though!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

STINKS and is HEAVILY OVERRATED!! This is very powdery and old fashioned smelling. This is another scent that is getting sales on it's name alone. If this wasn't "CHANEL" this would have been gone years ago, but people will buy it just to say they have Chanel Number 5. I would be embarrased to wear this in public for fear it would arrive in the room before I did. This is the perfume equivalent to Japanese Cherry Blossom by BBW and Lord knows that mess is stankin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by wesharethenight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the hype. I wonder if people would still celebrate this perfume as much if they didn't know it was Chanel. It smells like talcum powder, and it's a scent I would rather buy for my grandmother than myself. And the price is absolutely ridiculous. In Australia it's about $160 for a 50mL bottle and $200 and something for the 100mL.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got one as a new years gift and after one spray I was coughing and whizzing my lungs out O_o

is this really the famous perfume that coco channel favored? totally synthetic and way too old fashioned. it smells better after it cools down but do you really want to smell like a woman from 1935???

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by italiagirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ohhhh god. This smells exactly like my grandmother. It's like a mix of baby powder and dying roses. Horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by KRaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This fragrance, when first sprayed, may leave a few disenchanted, but the dry down is magnificent. I think this is one of the most feminine scents available. While it's made in the USA, it was created for Coco Chanel by her then-lover, and paved the way for all parfums "Francais". I was so delighted to receive a bottle for Christmas.....after all, who can resist the scent that Marilyn Monroe swore by?

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by LudiliUK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I will never never use this perfume again.
I can't support this synthetic smell, rose is so old fashion too me, not modern at all.. so sorry for the lovers of N5, I can't understand... it was my first perfume, what a mistake ! I like their make up :) but not their perfume.......

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Oh dear, no. Avoid at all costs. Unless, of course, you find the prospect of smelling like your grandmother's old talcum powder alluring.
Incredible that this should have cult status!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I'm surprised by the negative reviews. I love this perfume, it was my Mom's only perfume as I was growing up, a couple months ago she gave me a small amount left in a very old bottle. She stopped using it because she's basically tried to stop being feminine at all (yes it's weird, but she feels very "liberated" not caring about what she looks like anymore). I had always loved the scent, but had been into body splashes in my 20's. Now that I'm 30 and I have a highly professional job and wear suits a lot of the time, a sophisticated scent like this goes very well. I ran out of what my mom gave me after a couple months of regular use and just purchased a 3.4oz bottle of the edp off ebay for 49$ including shipping (yes it's original). I don't think I would have paid the 175$ this retails at, just can't afford that right now.

I am not a big floral scent person, I do like florals when they're muted with muskiness, which is exactly how I would describe no. 5. I am in love with this scent and have been switching between this and shalimar for daily use. It does go on with a bit of a soapy smell, but w/in half an hour that has disappeared and I'm left with a subtle musky lovely scent that lasts most of my work day.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by ocgirl007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Most of chanel smell like old lady, plus they do not last on me...
thank god I did not buy any of them.