July 24, 2014 | 1913 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by BothCoasts

After a recent liquid eyeliner debaucle (Wet N Wild WP liquid eyeliner), I didn't know which product to blame, so I'm blaming both the eyeliner AND the remover, which was this one. Basically, I put the eyeliner on Friday and after using this stuff dutifully, I was STILL getting flake-off on the following TUESDAY. I was caught off guard without my regular remover (Lancome Bi-Facil) and this dinky stuff was about as useful as my own spit.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by theburlesqueshow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really cool- It's not oily, it's very gentle on my super sensitive skin, and it really does take off my eyemake-up remover, simple as that.. It even took off my liquid liner and many coats of mascara.

I recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin like mine and those who don't want an oil-based make-up remover.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by QueenofEagles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The product is a good one yet it really stings. I never had a problem before but I really do not look forward to take off my makeup with this product. I need to look for something else when it finishes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by RedheadDior

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

even if very careful and not even using wp mascara, this still manages to take multiple lashes with it. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the skin around my eyes reacted to this product by turning red and irritated, so i returned it to the store. the SA was surprised i had a reaction, since chamomile is supposed to be so gentle, but my skin seems to be on the sensitive side.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 2:55:00 AM More reviews by MissAmbie

I love this stuff. When I worked at the Body Shop I stocked up big time. It's amazing, it takes everything off!! I swear by it and don't even use my lancome bi-facile anymore. It's best not to put this stuff in your eye but on the eyelid and rub it around to loosen up the makeup and then swipe it off. It's my all time fave. It's NEVER stung for me, so go figure....

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by eat245

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My stepmom has used this stuff for years and she swears by it, but it just doesn't work for me. It makes my eyes sting something awful! Yeah, it works OK to take off eye makeup, but I can find something else that will do that without stinging. However, my stepmom was really surprised that it stung for me, it's never done that for her and is a great, gentle remover for her contacts and her heavy eye makeup. I think that some people just don't react well to the chamomile. Too bad, because it's otherwise a good product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by breakfast_at_tiffanys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had been looking for an m/u remover as I have very sensitive eyes, so when I saw the Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover, marketed to be very gentle, I bought it. However, this stings my eyes. I've used it once and no more. My eyes turned red and watery and, although my makeup came off, theres no way I'm going through that every night. I didn't get it in my eye, it just stung my eyelids and skin. I do have very sensitive skin though so if you have normal skin it might work.

No, I would not purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by plasticwh0re

I LOVE this eye makeup remover, by far the best one that I've used. Leaves my eyes feeling refreshed. No idea what people are talking about when they say that the product stings their eyes. Will definitely repurchase.The only thing that bothers me is that the bottle is white and you cannot see how much product is left.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 6:45:00 AM More reviews by nic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for years - so as a result have used it to remove every makeup fad and blunder I've made. It has been great no matter what has been on my face - waterproof mascara, regular mascara, full eyeshadow or just liner. This seems to work on every product. Like the other reviewers have mentioned, it feels very gentle - almost like water, and I've never experienced the stinging other reviewers have referred to. There is as one reviewer has noted a slightly sticky feel to it, but I usually rinse with water after anyway. It is a little more expensive than drugstore stuff but does last forever. My only complaint is that the bottle does not travel well. Leaks all over the place if you travel by air so I do have to switch the bottle. But that is a very minor complaint. This is a staple for me.