April 16, 2014 | 2023 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by soyyomonica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did liked this product for a few days. It went on smooth, velvety, matte finish. But it's not working now for my acne-oily skin. I'm noticing more acne on my face. Will not use again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by vegasgirl

I used to lovvvvee this foundation! it had good coverage made my skin so smooth and soft but the container is a breeding ground for Bacteria! which in turn caused me to break out... the formula itself is good dosent brake me out but after time bacteria will grow inside in turn equalls pimples. trust me I been using this stuff on and off for a few years..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by halley13

I have struggled with acne since I can remember. Its going to be my junior year and I finally went on medicine that has cleared my skin for good. I just bought this product hoping that my skin would stay matte throughout the day but with hopes that it would not suck the moisture out of my face along with good coverage for my acne scars and redness. I was amazed. The product glides on your face and gives you a flawless complexion. I applied a moisturizer first and then using my fingers I placed the product on my main areas (cheeks, chin, nose, upper lip, and forehead). Reminding you I barely used any. I finished with a little bit of finishing powder and my own touches.The product has covered everything I wanted and I am still completely matte and my face feels great! I will definitely recommend this product to my friends!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by LivvyVH

Besides the cute packaging I did not like this product AT ALL. I find it is very cakey and clings to the tiniest of dry patches (I have very oily skin and hardly any dry patches but this makes them visible). The mouse consistency feels gorgeous but once on the face it shows lines and leaves very small white sandy grains on my face. I definitely regret buying this product as I have one got a couple of uses out of it. maybe for people with very oily clear skin this product would be successful though

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by nicholeabigail

I get the bad reviews on this. It is pretty hard to figure out how to make this look flawless, I would definitely suggest a primer because this will sink into lines. If you use the right technique and a primer this is amazing. I don't like the fact that it really doesn't set even though its matte, I do need to use a powder to stop it from moving around. Not because of oils since my skin is a good normal because of the fact that anything that touches it can move it. I'm Light 4 Nude and NC25-30. The first method I have is with your fingers. Dab your fingers in the product so there's no pilling, stipple it onto your skin and blend in light small circular motions. If you don't have a round top buffing brush this method is for you. The next method is amazing and makes it look airbrushed. It's using a round top kabuki/buffing brush. I use the Ecotools Domed Bronzing Brush. When I heard this would work with a round top buffing brush I didn't thing it would work since every method other than my fingers looked terrible but I tried it anyways. It looked flawless. I just dab my brush into the jar (never swirl finger or brush in jar or it would have too much product. Too much product results in the same coverage but a terrible finish) and buff it onto my skin. It gives full coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by itsmorgan17

The foundation feels good on my skin. It's slightly difficult to apply because it has a tendency to be crumbly. My major problem with it is that it makes my skin orange. I have fair skin so obviously I bought the fairest option. You'd think I bought a cheap self tanner. Won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by neha1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

If you have acne or troubled skin, this is NOT for you. i have combination skin and this did not look good at all. I tried applying it with a sponge applicator, stippled brush, paddled brush, you name it. This was a sure miss for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Koschira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this foundation a couple of times already and found it very nice. It is light and matches my skin tone perfectly. It controls the oily T-zone if you apply it right but it does not really have much coverage and is probably good for people with light acne or no acne. It blends well with the skin tone and I would definetly repurchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by dolcibunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation has always been a staple in my makeup collection.
I first started using this product when it initially came out and liked it a bunch. It has a great texture for oily skin, and leaves skin looking matte but not cakey when applied appropriately.

The only thing that I cannot stand is the packaging - I hate foundations that come in jars, and I do not like the liquid version of this product but I guess one has to put up with these sorts of technicalities.

I usually use a sponge to apply this product - the great thing is that sponges do not soak up this product the way they would if it was liquid, which allows for amazing blendability and a flawless look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Haddoa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

fabulous stuff! Apply with a stipple brush for a airbrushed look. Avoids putting your fingers in the jar. Made my skin look flawless.(usually dry/flaky..no prob with this product)