Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

at first, this product felt amazing; It felt smooth and blended pretty nicely into my skin. But, throughout the day, as my skin started getting more oily, this product did not hold up, even with the additional powder i had put on in the morning. So by noon, my forehead was super shiny. This product does not live us to its name. It did not mattify my skin, and was overall one of the worst products i have used. Would not recomment, at all.

on 5/18/2014 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Considering this being a drugstore product I believe it was worth it. My skin is very oily and this did control the oil. I really liked it, even though it was not completely matte after the first 4 hours, it didn't make my skin oily like other foundations, it just gave it a natural glow. I see lots of negative reviews and mostly because they didn't match their skin color. The packaging is very deceiving because the color looks a lot lighter than when you actually open it. If you're planning on buying it definitely ask about the store's return/exchange policy. i had bought mine and had to exchange it because it was about 3 shades darker. Overall this was a great foundation, it gave good coverage and it's super soft. The best way to apply it is either a stippling brush or with your fingers. NOT by scooping the product out but just pressing your fingers on it and pressing/stippling it onto the skin and then just go back and spot correct any blemishes or scars. This will avoid the little mousse balls.

on 5/18/2014 7:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I found this mousse foundation to be nice when i first put it on... goes on smoothly.... but after a few hours it totally caked on my skin...
Little bobbles of mousse appeared raised up from my skin... and it didn't last.... slowly slid off my face until it looked like i had nothing on... after just a few hours. Save your money, dont buy this!!!!

on 5/17/2014 6:45:00 PM

Hate this product with a passion. Always had clear skin until a year ago I developed nodule type acne on my cheeks and papules around my chin. For a year I have been trying to figure out what was causing it. I quit eating gluten, caffeine, sugars, and tried every type of facial wash and acne treatment nothing worked. I was so frustrated and sick of not being able to look at myself in the mirror without make up on. Meanwhile I was using maybelines dream mousse loving how much coverage it have me and my horrible skin.. Finally I researched it and found it was causing break outs. I threw it out about 2 weeks ago and have no pimples but am on a long road to recovering my skin from scarring and damage.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

ive been looking for a good foundation for a long time now and decided to try this one. i got light porcelain ivory and its still a little too dark and orangey for my skin tone. it gives pretty good coverage but i would not recommend this for dry skin because it would make my forehead look very flakey and dry even when i used moisturizer before. also its kind of hard to blend and around my temples it makes me look like in wearing orangey bronzer

I really dislike this foundation as it does nothing for me and the lightest shade is way too dark

on 5/10/2014 3:51:00 PM

This was the first foundation I ever used. Great coverage I love it for spots and any redness or under eye circles however the colours aren't that great and are not light enough for me so I usually use this more as a concealer on small areas under my foundation.

on 5/7/2014 1:45:00 PM

i tried this recently having previously liked the No7 mousse foundation that has now been changed so that the colours no longer suit.
I like the fact that it goes on evenly and coverage is good. Although I am 'middle aged' I have quite oily skin and it is great for that although I don't want a finish that is too dry and cakey.
Thankfully you only need very little of this and I mix with BB cream (also Maybelline) which gives a less 'solid' finish.
I don't really like the jar packaging as the product can dry out quickly and is not very hygienic.
Also the shades are quite dark. Although I have warm undertones I still found the shades too yellow or orange for me plus it darkened even more as it dried (on me).

I still think I would persevere and try other shades as it feels so much better than a liquid foundation and is not as cakey as a powder. Good for teenagers to try, if not too pale and is relatively cheap.
I use a moisturiser underneath for high SPF so don't rely on a foundation to provide this.

on 5/4/2014 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Probably one of the first foundations I used when I was getting into makeup. I thought that this foundation was medium coverage, it's quite thick but easily bendable and the texture is smooth. They have quite a wide range of colors however I am quite pale and even the lightest shade still wasn't quite light enough for me. I hate the packaging as you're just dipping your makeup brushes back into the pot transferring bacteria so make sure your brush is clean and if you use your fingers to apply foundation just don't. It is a matte foundation so on dry skin this would just make you look flaky, probably ok on an oily skin though to reduce shine. It is an ok product overall for the price but I would not buy again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My first ever foundation - I wasn't as clued up about make up back then. Ironically, this product actually works better as a concealer cos it's fairly easy to blend and quite thick to cover up spots etc.

However, it clogs the HELL out of your pores as a foundation and is really thick. If you want people to make it clear to the guy across the street that you are wearing foundation, then go for this product. What's worse is that over the course of the day it goes a bit patchy and can scrunch up between the brows. Put too little and nothing happens, put too much and it starts to flake.
I also don't like the fact that it's in a tub - it just makes the product more awkward and unhygienic to use.