Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 5/23/2007 3:46:00 AM

Love this so much! Vaseline just makes me greasy, and most lotions aren't sufficiently long lasting or thick enough. I don't have terrible nail areas but they do get cracked and ashy. This stuff targets the area nicely and does what like 10 coats of body lotion plus Shea butter do, but it absorbs better! I love the regular scent, which is almond-like, but the Special Edition scent is horrendous. Like rancid almond perfume.

on 5/6/2007 2:31:00 PM

When I was using this product consistantly, (along with Sally Hansen Hand, Nail and Cutical Cream and Get Strong Multi-Vitamin Nail Strengthener) I saw significant improvement in my nails. They were stronger and more moisturized. I would certainly recamend it to anyone who wants top shelf nails, or has dry nails and cuticles. It's a tad expensive (I paid $10 which is a lot for me to spend on such a small bottle) but it works very well. And is smells so good I could eat it!

I got this in the winter when my cuticles were super dry and looked horrible. I didn't really care much about them until I saw a girl in my class and her cuticles looked so bad it made me realize how important cuticles were. I immediately looked around for a good cuticle oil and came across this on MUA and MUT forum. I purchased this and put it on every night and sometimes during the day. No matter how tired I was at night, I did it. I made sure I rubbed it in real nice and in about 2 weeks or alittle more (maybe not even that long) my cuticles were looking good!!!I stopped doing it now that the weather has gotten warmer and my cuticles are starting to look dry again. It's one of those products I'll purchase again and again!!! I LOVE IT.

on 4/22/2007 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been blessed with beautiful, strong, fast-growing nails - a girl's dream. But I've also had lots of problems with hangnails and torn cuticles. I slather on regular hand lotion, but it has not helped much. I bought a bottle of Solar Oil about six weeks ago after getting a manicure and have been applying it every night before going to bed. I cannot believe how well it is working - the skin around my nails has healed and looks great. The Vitamin E must really help. I also like the soft almond smell of the oil. I will continue to repurchase this product.

on 4/11/2007 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really love this stuff! The nb ladies recommended it to me when I got my acrylics off. It has done wonders for me. No more hangnails!

on 1/12/2007 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a good cuticle oil, but nothing uber-fantastic. The application (with a brush) is fairly simple, but easy to apply too much. It absorbs well, especially when you massage it into the nail and skin. I love the almond scent, but next time Iíll try a cuticle oil in a pen for easier application.

on 1/5/2007 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been a long time user of Sally Hansen's Vitamin E Oil for years and love it, but decided to try Solar Oil to see what all the buzz was about. This was good for my cuticles, but it didn't do much more than what the SH Vitamin E Oil does. It has a lot of bonuses: it soaks in quickly, smells great and applies easy-peasy with a brush. But the cost for such a small bottle is outrageous to me. I am constantly washing my hands and using Purell while at work so my hands and nails take a beating, especially my cuticles. Solar Oil seems to penetrate around my nails and cuticles and keeps them soft and moisturized throughout the day, but then so does the Vitamin E Oil for a lot less money. So, in the interest of cost-effectiveness I'll stick with the SH oil.

on 1/5/2007 1:34:00 AM

A lifesaver! I change my polish on my feet 1x a week and my hands 2x per week. I'm not disciplined enough to use this every day, probably about 2-3 times a week on my hands and feet. Or if my cuticles are particularly dry I'll apply this 2-3 times a day for a few days straight. My cuticles and skin look so much better because of Solar Oil. I apply to my cuticles and make sure it rubbed in, including the nailbed. The oil texture isn't bad, it looks oily on your fingers but it won't leave any oil stains on your sheets or clothes if you wait a good 10-15 minutes for it to absorb. This is definitely a nail essential that I can't live without.

on 12/31/2006 3:26:00 PM

I started off with an intensive treatment called Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator which got my poor peeling weak nails off to a great start. I was told I could incorportate Solar Oil into my routine and it had proven to be a good adjunct to my nail therapy. I keep a tiny bottle in my purse and use whenever I think of it. Love the almond scent. These products along with Le Couvent des Minimes Honey Shea Hand Cream is making my 50 year old hands quite presentable.

on 12/15/2006 8:52:00 PM

I highly recommend this product to anyone who has problem nails. It is easy to use - just brush on and massage in. You will see an improvement very quickly (in days to a week or so) in the condition of your nails and cuticles. Especially if you have brittle or peeling nails, this will help a lot. It's not a cure-all but it is a very good place to start if you want healthier, more beautiful nails.

Popular Treatments