Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 7/27/2007 3:27:00 AM

Ahh...the lazy girl's happiness. I have normal nails, no real issues unless I pick the sides like a freak. Cuticles are normal, they don't overtake my nail, but they do get dry (and therefore attractive to me playing with them) during some months. Slap this on with the easy nail polish brush, rub it in absentmindedly while I'm doing something else and enjoy the gentle almond smell...the cuticles are softer and less likely to draw my attention.

Burt's Bees, etailer cuticle creams, etc., all come in small tins or pots. I hate dipping my finger in and rubbing like a maniac and having greasy fingers. LAZY. This is time saving, quick absorbing, convenient and it works. Knock a lippy off for cost -- $7.50 is what I paid at a local grocery store and that's silly for light oils like this.

on 7/20/2007 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I ordered this product online from the US because I read so many good things about it. I wasn't too impressed after using 2x a day. I got better results with Bath and Body's cuticle stick. I should buy some more of that stuff. When I read one review that the bottle leaks on Solar Oil, I thought it might just be bad luck but it happened to me too. You have to make sure it's always upright. This isn't worth me paying for shipping from the US.

This is the best nail treatment I've ever used. I like to keep my nails naturally long. They grow very fast, but one of them always breaks, which is a pain in the ass because then I have to cut all of them to match the length of the broken one. Ever since I started using Solar Oil (I started about two weeks ago), none of my nails have broken and my cuticles feel soft. It smells very good, too. I love this oil!

on 6/2/2007 3:22:00 PM

I love this stuff! My mother gave me a large bottle. Her manicurist recommends it and I can see why. I am not a manicure kind of gal. At 39 I still prefer the natural look for hands and this along with a Sally Hansen's white nail pencil and a nail file does the job.

I will admit I am looking for a good buffing cream and chamois buffer but Solar Oil is fabulous. I use it every night before I go to bed. It is great and it has helped the dryness of my cuticles due to very hard water in my area.

on 5/23/2007 3:46:00 AM

Love this so much! Vaseline just makes me greasy, and most lotions aren't sufficiently long lasting or thick enough. I don't have terrible nail areas but they do get cracked and ashy. This stuff targets the area nicely and does what like 10 coats of body lotion plus Shea butter do, but it absorbs better! I love the regular scent, which is almond-like, but the Special Edition scent is horrendous. Like rancid almond perfume.

on 5/6/2007 2:31:00 PM

When I was using this product consistantly, (along with Sally Hansen Hand, Nail and Cutical Cream and Get Strong Multi-Vitamin Nail Strengthener) I saw significant improvement in my nails. They were stronger and more moisturized. I would certainly recamend it to anyone who wants top shelf nails, or has dry nails and cuticles. It's a tad expensive (I paid $10 which is a lot for me to spend on such a small bottle) but it works very well. And is smells so good I could eat it!

I got this in the winter when my cuticles were super dry and looked horrible. I didn't really care much about them until I saw a girl in my class and her cuticles looked so bad it made me realize how important cuticles were. I immediately looked around for a good cuticle oil and came across this on MUA and MUT forum. I purchased this and put it on every night and sometimes during the day. No matter how tired I was at night, I did it. I made sure I rubbed it in real nice and in about 2 weeks or alittle more (maybe not even that long) my cuticles were looking good!!!I stopped doing it now that the weather has gotten warmer and my cuticles are starting to look dry again. It's one of those products I'll purchase again and again!!! I LOVE IT.

on 4/22/2007 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been blessed with beautiful, strong, fast-growing nails - a girl's dream. But I've also had lots of problems with hangnails and torn cuticles. I slather on regular hand lotion, but it has not helped much. I bought a bottle of Solar Oil about six weeks ago after getting a manicure and have been applying it every night before going to bed. I cannot believe how well it is working - the skin around my nails has healed and looks great. The Vitamin E must really help. I also like the soft almond smell of the oil. I will continue to repurchase this product.

on 4/11/2007 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really love this stuff! The nb ladies recommended it to me when I got my acrylics off. It has done wonders for me. No more hangnails!

on 1/12/2007 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a good cuticle oil, but nothing uber-fantastic. The application (with a brush) is fairly simple, but easy to apply too much. It absorbs well, especially when you massage it into the nail and skin. I love the almond scent, but next time Iíll try a cuticle oil in a pen for easier application.

Top Rated Creative Nail Design Products