April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2006 8:52:00 PM More reviews by epheme

I highly recommend this product to anyone who has problem nails. It is easy to use - just brush on and massage in. You will see an improvement very quickly (in days to a week or so) in the condition of your nails and cuticles. Especially if you have brittle or peeling nails, this will help a lot. It's not a cure-all but it is a very good place to start if you want healthier, more beautiful nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 6:50:00 AM More reviews by ftnfrm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is HG for me. After a lifetime of suffering with dry, thick masty cuticles and fighting the urge to pick..UGH!!, I picked this baby up after all the positive reviews on this board. Application is a breeze with the nail polish delivery system. Love the scent of the almond oil and quickly absorbs into my cuticles. I was so disappointed in Burt's Bees Lemon Butter cuticle cream but was happy with L'Occitane's pure shea in the tin. This blows away both for me. I will continue using L'Occitane at night for my hands and other dry parts but am thrilled to finally find a product that gives instant results. It's readily available at many stores, I found it at CVS. This is pricey at $10 so my goal is to locate a store that sells almond oil as I suspect it would be a fraction of the cost. Until then, this is a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2006 11:13:00 PM More reviews by lil_faerie

This cuticle oil WORKS. I used to have dry, icky, ugly cuticles and tried lots of cuticle butters, etc. but this oil seems to be the only thing that does the trick. Everything else is just maintenance. It makes your hands look so much more pulled together, even if you're not into manicures. Great almond scent. Put this next to somewhere you sit a lot (sofa, computer, chair) and it will make you use it & in no time you will have great hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by gal_26

This is a good cuticle treatment but not any better than cheaper ones I have used. I bought this from ebay at half the price it should be. Wouldn't pay full price but I do like this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 1:12:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really great stuff! I massage this into my nails every night before bed and I think over the course of the few weeks I've been using this product, my cuticles are healthier and my nails are less prone to splitting. A really excellent product if you polish your nails regularly as this really does seem to make the colour go on easier without streaking and last longer. My only gripe is that the price is utterly ridiculous. If you're reluctant to shell out the cash for this ghastly-priced item, I do suggest you give pure almond oil a try instead (can be purchased at any apothecary, chemist or drugstore). Solar Oil is essentially that: outrageously priced almond oil in a fancy bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2006 4:51:00 AM More reviews by LandofAhz

Didn't do anything for me. Made my nail beds shiny for a moment. But after absorption, cuticles were still dry. Used up a whole entire bottle. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by booters78

My Skin Tone and Type: NC20/30 Combo skin and acne prone.

Now for the Product:

Coverage:N/A

Finish:shinny

Color:none

Application:just like a nail polish

Packaging& size:same as an nail polish

Price:purchased the mini for $3

lasting Power:well its a oil so no real lasting power.

Texture/ Consistency:smooth

Would i buy again:Yes

General Review of product:
I purchased the mini because you really don't use very much.
It smells so good and really works making my nails stronger and nail color last longer.
it is pretty pricey but alittle goes a long way so i can see this mini lasting a long time.
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by kameos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased 4 - 1/8 oz bottles on ebay for under $10.00 shipping & all so price was okay IF it had worked.
I used it according to directions.
It absorbed quickly enough & smelled okay but once it was soaked in
your nails you wouldn't even know you'd used it.
Nails did not improve over 3 1/2 weeks of use.
Certainly didn't make cuticles or hang nails softer as some claimed.
Actually seemed to make my nails look dryer for some reason.
It was just an extra step I could leave out for the time wasted with no
difference made.
WOULD NOT PURCHASE AGAIN!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2006 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Fruitini

This is great stuff and really works, its totally transformed the condition of my dry, cracked cuticles and another added bonus is NO MORE LIFTING with the acrylics on my nails!!! I love getting my nails done but suffer from terrible lifting, sometimes as soon as within a week so imagine my delight at not having to worry about that anymore.
I had Solar Oil stashed away in the cupboard for ages because I didn't find it did anything at first (my fault since I didn't use it properly). But decided to give it another go and applied it once "daily", and within a week I can see the dramatic difference its made, highly recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2006 5:26:00 PM More reviews by parsonsperson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You can get the same effect by using sweet almond oil, which you can buy at drugstores and places like Whole Foods for MUCH cheaper. I think Solar Oil does what it says and it's a quality product, but it's a HUGE rip-off. Seriously, get sweet almond oil...it smells the same (because it IS the same thing), it does the same thing, and you can get a lot more for far less than you pay for the tiny bit of Solar Oil you get.