July 31, 2014 | 1921 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2007 2:04:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good cuticle oil, but nothing uber-fantastic. The application (with a brush) is fairly simple, but easy to apply too much. It absorbs well, especially when you massage it into the nail and skin. I love the almond scent, but next time Iíll try a cuticle oil in a pen for easier application.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2007 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I've been a long time user of Sally Hansen's Vitamin E Oil for years and love it, but decided to try Solar Oil to see what all the buzz was about. This was good for my cuticles, but it didn't do much more than what the SH Vitamin E Oil does. It has a lot of bonuses: it soaks in quickly, smells great and applies easy-peasy with a brush. But the cost for such a small bottle is outrageous to me. I am constantly washing my hands and using Purell while at work so my hands and nails take a beating, especially my cuticles. Solar Oil seems to penetrate around my nails and cuticles and keeps them soft and moisturized throughout the day, but then so does the Vitamin E Oil for a lot less money. So, in the interest of cost-effectiveness I'll stick with the SH oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2007 1:34:00 AM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A lifesaver! I change my polish on my feet 1x a week and my hands 2x per week. I'm not disciplined enough to use this every day, probably about 2-3 times a week on my hands and feet. Or if my cuticles are particularly dry I'll apply this 2-3 times a day for a few days straight. My cuticles and skin look so much better because of Solar Oil. I apply to my cuticles and make sure it rubbed in, including the nailbed. The oil texture isn't bad, it looks oily on your fingers but it won't leave any oil stains on your sheets or clothes if you wait a good 10-15 minutes for it to absorb. This is definitely a nail essential that I can't live without.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2006 3:26:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I started off with an intensive treatment called Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator which got my poor peeling weak nails off to a great start. I was told I could incorportate Solar Oil into my routine and it had proven to be a good adjunct to my nail therapy. I keep a tiny bottle in my purse and use whenever I think of it. Love the almond scent. These products along with Le Couvent des Minimes Honey Shea Hand Cream is making my 50 year old hands quite presentable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2006 8:52:00 PM More reviews by epheme

I highly recommend this product to anyone who has problem nails. It is easy to use - just brush on and massage in. You will see an improvement very quickly (in days to a week or so) in the condition of your nails and cuticles. Especially if you have brittle or peeling nails, this will help a lot. It's not a cure-all but it is a very good place to start if you want healthier, more beautiful nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 6:50:00 AM More reviews by ftnfrm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is HG for me. After a lifetime of suffering with dry, thick masty cuticles and fighting the urge to pick..UGH!!, I picked this baby up after all the positive reviews on this board. Application is a breeze with the nail polish delivery system. Love the scent of the almond oil and quickly absorbs into my cuticles. I was so disappointed in Burt's Bees Lemon Butter cuticle cream but was happy with L'Occitane's pure shea in the tin. This blows away both for me. I will continue using L'Occitane at night for my hands and other dry parts but am thrilled to finally find a product that gives instant results. It's readily available at many stores, I found it at CVS. This is pricey at $10 so my goal is to locate a store that sells almond oil as I suspect it would be a fraction of the cost. Until then, this is a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2006 11:13:00 PM More reviews by lil_faerie

This cuticle oil WORKS. I used to have dry, icky, ugly cuticles and tried lots of cuticle butters, etc. but this oil seems to be the only thing that does the trick. Everything else is just maintenance. It makes your hands look so much more pulled together, even if you're not into manicures. Great almond scent. Put this next to somewhere you sit a lot (sofa, computer, chair) and it will make you use it & in no time you will have great hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by gal_26

This is a good cuticle treatment but not any better than cheaper ones I have used. I bought this from ebay at half the price it should be. Wouldn't pay full price but I do like this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 1:12:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really great stuff! I massage this into my nails every night before bed and I think over the course of the few weeks I've been using this product, my cuticles are healthier and my nails are less prone to splitting. A really excellent product if you polish your nails regularly as this really does seem to make the colour go on easier without streaking and last longer. My only gripe is that the price is utterly ridiculous. If you're reluctant to shell out the cash for this ghastly-priced item, I do suggest you give pure almond oil a try instead (can be purchased at any apothecary, chemist or drugstore). Solar Oil is essentially that: outrageously priced almond oil in a fancy bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2006 4:51:00 AM More reviews by LandofAhz

Didn't do anything for me. Made my nail beds shiny for a moment. But after absorption, cuticles were still dry. Used up a whole entire bottle. Oh well.