BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

on 11/28/2008 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this in Jump Rope and it matched my medium- easily tans skin. I use LSF 5.5. This is my backup foundation that I reach for when I dont feel like blowing money on my HG LSF foundation. This blends effortlessly and has medium coverage that is buildable. However if you need very heavy coverage I would try something else because this can be a bit greasy/wet if you apply too much. The scent is very light and pleasant; it is in stick form that you twist up for more product. I have an oily tzone and this didnt clog my pores. I found that this photographs very well and my skin will always look smooth and even, not at all cakey or splotchy. Now here are my gripes: its tricky to get a perfect application, you have to deligent and meticulous. I say this because you have to wait until you have completely absorbed you face lotion or serums, any moisturizer or treatment you do before foundation. If you dont tjen this product will never fully "dry"; it will slide and smear onto your clothes or anythinf for that matter. Even after using a setting power, this product will never fully set unless your face is completely dry. That being said, which is actually true for most foundations, this is a great product. I apply with a foundation brush, i use prescriptives. If you dont set with a powder and you did apply on dry skin, it tends to look more dewy; with a powder its much more matte. The consistency off the bat is a little greasy like, especially after application. It does absorb and somewhat melts into your skin. It looks great, but compared to my HG LSF this doesnt "melt" into skin. However its never cakey and fake looking; you come away with even and natural excellence. I reach for this as an alternative, it retails for $28 and you get a lot of product.

on 11/28/2008 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love Play Sticks. They are everything I want Chanel Vitalumiere compacts to be but aren't. These create a beautiful finish, slightly matte yet also slightly dewy, if this is at all possible. I just don't use a powder. The coverage is even and medium-to-full. Also, the coverage lasts and lasts and lasts, whereas Chanel Vitalumiere compact does not last and sits in my pores.

on 11/17/2008 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

My cousin's fav.. she just loves now for almost 2 years, on her skin looks absolutely fantastic, and when she got a sample i tried it.. not my type of foundation, but as i can see it works really well:)))

on 11/17/2008 6:16:00 AM

This is a good foundation. I don't use concealer when I wear this, it's really easy to spread on your face and blend, even with fingers. It is not too oily or too dry, it's just the right consistency and looks natural. They have good, neutral colors, and it's pretty foolproof. Buy a tube and see.

on 11/14/2008 9:32:00 AM

Ok I used to love this product soo much I used it in shade jump rope for about 3 years then all of a sudden it changed the product becaume sooo oily on my skin and would just slide off, after abit of research on this I found out they changed ingredeants in the product which may have caused this, I would love to try this product again as it was brilliant b4 they changed it

Benefit makes some interesting products.
Play sticks are very expensive in my opinion. I only use MAC foundation. The play sticks give remarkable coverage, I love the way I can blend it in. Sadly I can only use the Benefit concealer with the Play sticks. It just doesnt work well with any other concealter. It doesnt feel cakey.

ONLY downside that even with a primer or a matte cream underneath it still goes oily within three hours. I tend to wear on those days where my skin is just a mess! Its the only thing that gives me enough coverage when nothing else will work.

I used this..2 years ago? And I loved it. I loved it so much I can't believe I stopped using it! It made my skin look flawless (I only used Benefit makeup for about 6 months and my skin and eyes look model-gorgeous in all the pictures I took).
For some reason, I stopped using it..then I found it about a year later and threw it away because of how old it was..But I'll probably buy it again when I run out of my Estee Lauder DoubleWear Light foundation (which I also love..I have MUFE F&B, Shiseido Powder Fdtn. and the Estee Lauder...all fantastic fdtns)
I fully recommend this for combo skins. I used the shade Jax, which was a little pale for me..also if you have dry patches, apply with your fingertips, don't rub the stick on your face...the finger method works better than the stick anyway.;

on 9/30/2008 4:42:00 AM

i've been using play sticks for almost for 4 years now and can't think of a day without it. I use the shade "spin the bottle" and it gives the perfect coverage. I use it as a concealer though. Never on my forehead or nose or chin since it tends to make your skin oily after a while. Just to cover some acne scars and you're good to go.

ps: never caused any breakouts.

I use it as my concealer, for some unknown reason I just don't quite like it as a foundation all over my face (please don't ask me why, I simply don't like how it looks all over my face), but it works really well as a concealer, it covers really well, the trick is, DO NOT spread it, the moment you try to spread it, it doesn't conceal anything anymore, but it stays on nicely if you dot enough on the area you want to conceal, and it stays on until you remove your makeup, and it doesn't look unnatural, it really does a nice job. Well, it gets a bit dry when I try to conceal my dark under eye circle though. But overall I am really pleased with this thing.

Choosing the right color is tricky, I had to choose the lightest shade, which is a great match as a concealer, but maybe a bit too pale as an overall foundation, it's not exactly cheap, but maybe because I only use it as a concealer, it lasts really long, it's been almost a year now, and I still have plenty left. Also, the lavender smell is really nice, I can smell it everytime I apply it.

This stick is a little heavy wearing and can start to feel a bit sticky after a couple of hours although the coverage is relatively good and it made my skin tone look alot more even It thoroughly hid all my blemishes aswell. I'd recommend this product although not for everyday use or for people with very sensitive skin.