October 26, 2014 | 978 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use it as my concealer, for some unknown reason I just don't quite like it as a foundation all over my face (please don't ask me why, I simply don't like how it looks all over my face), but it works really well as a concealer, it covers really well, the trick is, DO NOT spread it, the moment you try to spread it, it doesn't conceal anything anymore, but it stays on nicely if you dot enough on the area you want to conceal, and it stays on until you remove your makeup, and it doesn't look unnatural, it really does a nice job. Well, it gets a bit dry when I try to conceal my dark under eye circle though. But overall I am really pleased with this thing.

Choosing the right color is tricky, I had to choose the lightest shade, which is a great match as a concealer, but maybe a bit too pale as an overall foundation, it's not exactly cheap, but maybe because I only use it as a concealer, it lasts really long, it's been almost a year now, and I still have plenty left. Also, the lavender smell is really nice, I can smell it everytime I apply it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Underyourspell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stick is a little heavy wearing and can start to feel a bit sticky after a couple of hours although the coverage is relatively good and it made my skin tone look alot more even It thoroughly hid all my blemishes aswell. I'd recommend this product although not for everyday use or for people with very sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by katieelixa

fantastic coverage! if only it lasted longer! i must admit it is very oily and it causes it to slide off your face a few hours later! i was so happy with this when i first got it, after i purcashed the third stick i started to get fed up of it sliding off my face as i need total cover up, so i no longer buy this product as i need to concentrate on helping my troublesome skin instead of covering it up in 'heavy industrial strength foundation' as my boyfriend called it , and its what it felt like on my skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First I thought I like this foundation stick for the first few days and it looked beautiful on the skin, but after while it created more oily on T-zone and very easy to come off that doesn't last long. This foundation is more likely concealer than the foundation itself and it's very oily. Not good to use it for warm/humid weather. I would not buy this again and I also would NOT recommend to anyone who has oily skin even prone acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2008 3:53:00 AM More reviews by loudasstinnie

i adore this product very much. everyone says its oily, but when i put it on, i just streak it wherever i need it, and use the triangle sponge, damp it in water and it doesnt make my face oily at all. i like this product cause it does do well on coverage. i'd buy it again most def!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by elib067

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY HG. i can't say enough about this product! first of all the coverage in beyond amazing, full coverage without looking it. my face looks flawless without looking like i have a mask on. the smell of tea tree oil is wonderful and very clean smelling and doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin. my skin is also very dry but i put on a good moisturizer before i put 3 stripes and 2 dots on my face (stripe on my forehead, and each cheek, then a dot on my nose and chin) then blend with my fingers for a flawless look. i think if you don't put too much product on you will have no problem with oil. this product is so creamy and easy to blend you need very little. also it looks great in photos! i use paper dolls which seems like it would be too dark for my skin but it blends flawlessly.

UPDATE, knocking one star off because it isn't that long lasting so you might have to touch up. still love it
my only con is the $32 pricetag. now i've spent way more on foundation and this is completely worth it but i feel like this should be cheaper than their liquid foundation which is only $30.

my only suggestion is to get matched with this at a benefit counter or sephora because the lighter shades are all very similar but with different base tones and are misleading with their descriptions.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Amourette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. This foundation is actually a god send for me. I have many red patches and other discolourations on my face and this just covers it all up. Most of all, A VERY LITTLE GOES A LONG, LONG WAY, just swipe it on and blend and it goes everywhere. I think most people think its very oily because if used in access it does make a 'layer' effect and becomes very thick, but generally, this goes over EVERYTHING. I use Jax, the lightest shade, and it is wonderful! My mum also uses it and she has very patchy skin and rosasia, and this covers it too! It's wonderful! It's not really that expensive at all considering how much you have to use per application!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2008 5:08:00 AM More reviews by annsuya

You would expect more from Benefit line, but this is real crappy. You feel like you have a major oil slick on your face and like it cannot breathe. I hate it...what a waste of money!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Skye022

I really wanted to like this foundation, because I love the packaging--small, portable, neat, and convenient. I also really liked the coverage on my sometimes acne-prone skin, but then realized it was causing the acne I was trying to cover. It was too oily and heavy for me--will not, cannot buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by cythomas

I have this in jumprope and it is the perfect coverup! I know it is sold as a "foundation" but I think it works better as a spot corrector. I use it to even out red spots or splotches and it covers nicely. It also has lasting power on me and is super easy to blend and carry around if I need to touch up. It's a little on the expensive side, but I don't use enough of it daily to make it not worth it, def a great buy!