LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 4/3/2011 9:22:00 PM

Great mask! I have been using it for a couple of months now and I have had great results. It makes my pimpiles less noticible. The only problem was that it really dried out my skin so I had to use mosturizer.

on 3/30/2011 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really enjoy this mask. In fact, I have to say it's my second favorite, behind Catastrophe Cosmetic. It has a minty, chocolatey smell that is super pleasant and delicious to sniff as the mask is being applied. It spreads very nicely, and much more easily than many of their other masks. Removal is quite easy as well, and I find with this I have to scrub a lot less than some of their other varieties. My skin looks and feels amazing, refreshed, and brightened after using this. It never breaks me out or makes me gag from the scent like some of their other masks. The shelf life of course is only something like 3 weeks, but I use this enough to go through it by then. This is definitely a staple in my mask rotation, and I'd recommend this to anyone, especially first-timers!

I have pretty acne-prone, teenage skin and I'm always looking for masks and treatments that can dry spots out. I went to Lush the other day to pick up Brazened Honey (my usual go-to Lush mask), but the lady persuaded me to try Cupcake instead. I got home, washed my face, and applied a medium thickness of the mask. It smelled AMAZING. The smell alone will probably compel me to buy this again. After 10 minutes, I washed my face off, and my skin was glowing. This mask has some granules of something that made my skin so soft. I'm guessing this 75 g container will last me 7-8 uses, since I only use it on my T-zone. GREAT product, would definitely buy again (even though it is a tad bit expensive for such a small amount).

on 3/28/2011 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I liked this mask. I find it a great anti inflammatory product, like when pimples get to that red, swollen stage, or right after its come to a head. I'm also not too crazy about the fragrance, its a chocolate yet herbal kind of scent, and its hard for me to love that mix. Its also a job to wash this stuff off. It does do a great job of absorbing excessive oil.

Not a fan of the short shelf live either. Please make sure you check the expiration date on this product to make sure you are not buying this too close to the expiration date. If its accurate, you only have about 3 weeks to use an entire container, which shouldn't be too hard since there isn't a ton of product.

on 3/5/2011 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Smells great, like chocolate. Spreads on easily and you can't go wrong with $5.95 a pot. My skin is a bit noticeably less oily and it doesn't irritate me like other LUSH facial masks. Will buy again.

on 2/17/2011 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The Smell, The product, the packaging.....IT"S ALLLL AMAZZINNGGGGGGG!

If you want something to transform your skin..Buy this, and you won't be dissapointed!

on 2/17/2011 6:44:00 PM

I stubbled upon the yummy smelling cupcake mask when i was Christmas Shopping and had a major stress breakout. I purchased the product due to the fact that it was for combination skin, prone to acne...and of course the amazing chocolate & sandlewood scent helped pursue my decision. I got home and used it right away. After leaving it on for 10 minutes, and giving my face a good rinse I looked in the mirror and didn`t notice any difference. Then, after about 10 minutes I noticed a huge change!! It dried out the pimples and toned down a lot of the redness associated with the problem area. I used this mask throughout the holiday season, absolutely in lust with the product. I even dabbed the mask on a specific zit just to dry it out before bed time. It worked wonders for my skin.
The LUSH employee told me it was only good for 3-4 uses but I got 8 uses out of it! (I do have a very tiny face though.)
--I wouldn`t recommend using it after the expiry date. I used it a couple of days after the date established, and had an aweful reaction that left my face itchy, burning, and very, very red...very uncomfortable. My face looked very burnt and I had to cancel my plans that evening. It only lasted for that night and my face was back to normal in the morning. That being said It was my fault that I used something that was out-of-date & I will definitely buy this product in the future, as I had amazing results with it before the expiry date.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

When I smelled the Cupcake mask, it smelled like Hershey's so I had to get it! At the price of $5.95, it was worth it. I tried it at home in the bath and left it on for 5 minutes so it can settle into my skin. Afterwards, I rinsed. I didn't see any results of better skin, though. I was disappointed and will not be buying this product again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Cupcake smells utterly amazing - you won't want to wash it off. If you've refrigerated it before use, your skin will feel cool, happy and refreshed, and definitely smoother. It didn't have the magical acne-relieving effects for me that some others have experienced, though. For a real acne solution, I'd go with Origins' Clear Improvement. However, Cupcake is still worth a buy once in a while and although Lush says its pots are good for 4-5 uses, they do last a lot longer than that.

Because of this mask, I am hooked on LUSH. I normally passed this store at my local mall, but bc of my friend, decided to go in. Im glad I did! This mask is AWESOME for oily skin or even combo! The smell is a strong chocolate scent, so if youre not into strong scents, then this might be something to get use to. I like the grainy consistency, cuz it feels real nice against the skin. I leave it on for like 5 to 10 minutes. After I wash my face, it feels sooo smoooth! It makes a differnce the next day when I put my makeup on. My skin is alot more calm and my oil production goes down. Im in love with this & cant wait to try out more! Plus, it comes in a cute little container & you MUST store it in the fridge since it is freshly made =D

Popular Masks