September 20, 2014 | 1802 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Cupcake smells utterly amazing - you won't want to wash it off. If you've refrigerated it before use, your skin will feel cool, happy and refreshed, and definitely smoother. It didn't have the magical acne-relieving effects for me that some others have experienced, though. For a real acne solution, I'd go with Origins' Clear Improvement. However, Cupcake is still worth a buy once in a while and although Lush says its pots are good for 4-5 uses, they do last a lot longer than that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

Because of this mask, I am hooked on LUSH. I normally passed this store at my local mall, but bc of my friend, decided to go in. Im glad I did! This mask is AWESOME for oily skin or even combo! The smell is a strong chocolate scent, so if youre not into strong scents, then this might be something to get use to. I like the grainy consistency, cuz it feels real nice against the skin. I leave it on for like 5 to 10 minutes. After I wash my face, it feels sooo smoooth! It makes a differnce the next day when I put my makeup on. My skin is alot more calm and my oil production goes down. Im in love with this & cant wait to try out more! Plus, it comes in a cute little container & you MUST store it in the fridge since it is freshly made =D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lipglops2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

if u like chocolate u luv this mask it smells just like chocolate baked goods its got 3 uses in it and for oily acne prone skin i usally leave mask on for a while (queen helene anyways)this u prob should only leave on for rec time 5 to 10 min cos when dries gets rough texture my skin really oily felt like it did good job temp soakin up some oil would like try bluberry one

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Snezhinochka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go-to face mask for a quick fix! I usually use Omorovicza's deep cleansing mask for a monthly deep-cleansing ritual, but thats definitely not something I'd do all the time; and this lush one is just perfect for improving a facial biological catastrophe overnight! I absolutely love it!

Firstly, this goes without saying, but it does smell amazing. It smells like after eight chocolates. I'm a model so I dont eat much chocolate, though I absolutely love it, and this mask just sort of makes up for that!

Secondly, unlike most cleansing masks, this doesnt make my skin dry. In the opposite, in fact, it makes it very plumped-up and moisturised, and veeery smooth - I suppose thats due to the linseed in the mask - linseed being generally a product I'm rather obsessed with, it's just so good for you, I can swear by it. And of course, it just cleared up my skin, which was looking absolutely terrible. It just made a huge amount of pimples and an equally huge amount of redness on my face go away. It went from splotchy and bumpy to smooth and blemish free.

However, since this mask does contain cocoa and other strong ingredients you should probably test it first before you use it...different skin will react differently to it so be careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by channelfloral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG Mask! I've actually got it on now :)
So I have the oiliest skin possible and I break out all the time, like every day I have new spots coming! I went to LUSH and spoke to the guy there looking for a new skincare routine and we started out with masks.
I apply cupcake to clean dry skin and leave it for 10 minutes or so (give or take).

Some people hate the smell, I personally am not a fan but it's just a smell and if the product is greeat for my skin I'm not bothered!

After I washed this off the first time I was in absolute shock. My skin was glowing, infact I turned the light out and my face was like a torch.

Since I've been using this I've had less spots, if I get one it goes quicker, and my skin has been less oily by a lot.

Also, apparently you can get 4 or 5 applications out of the tub but I don't understand that because I get at least 8 and that's with a thick layer!

I'm on my second pot now!

Please go and get this! Just ask for a tester and see what you think!
LC x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

This smells so good! My sister and I love it. It does help prevent breakouts. The only con is that they expire so quickly. I usually still use it for awhile after they expire because I can barely get through half in the time allotted.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by nmaria0715

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of a Lush Mask in Cupcake and man! it smelled yummy, like chocolate with a hint of mint that I wanted to eat it! As always I got friendly service at Lush, so the lady told me to go home and massage it all over my face, leave it on for five minutes then wash it all off. So I did that then dried my face with a towel. I felt my skin and it felt like after my skin does with any other exfoliators and cleansers, so i guess it did the job? anyway my skin was smooth hehe and smelled like chocolate still, so if you don't want your face to smell like chocolate, this might not be for you or put just on something that will take away the smell if ur that irritated by it lol. I also got a sample of the Oatifix Mask which I have yet to try, but this one smells yummy too! like yams or pumpkin pie? and play-doh lol interesting. I went to another lush counter another day, but this one didn't give out mask samples, so I guess every lush counter/store is different, so just be sure to ask if you're interested. But they're only 6 bucks I think or once you use up 5 lush tubs, you take 'em back and trade it in for one mask tub, just like B2M with a lipstick but anyway getting off sidetracked, the mask I really wanted was a berries and yogurt one called catastophe? i believe and the lush counter that gave me samples didn't have it so yeah, maybe next time -Maria :)
p.s.here's a pic link of me with the mask!http://img.makeupalley.com/8/4/1/1/1817436.JPG

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mask, is very drying. I have oily skin(not overly so, but still blackheads and redness and pimples in t-zone), but I used this and it made my skin veryyyy dry, it started to flake all over and I think irritated my forehead with tiny bumps all over. I probably overused this? I would recommend for very oily skins and I would probably just get brazened honey next time.. or even catastrophe cosmetic! :)Cupcake smells like chocolate on the other hand.. which is always "sweet" !

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by mhwise7

In my first trip to LUSH, I was obsessed with the store. May I just say, how cool is it that they have things that look like food that you may rub on your skin, hair, and scalp? It really is my favorite store. The SA recommended I try cupcake for my hormonal, teenage skin. It promises to make your skin non-greasy, and control breakouts. I did not like the smell-it's a mix of chocolate and peppermint. When I but it on, it was fine- nothing wrong there. After taking it off, my face felt smooth, and non-greasy. I would recommend using this before going out somewhere! But, I did not see any change in my acne after using this. I would recommend using this after working out at the gym, or a hard day. It needs to be refrigerated, meaning when you put it on your face, it is cold and refreshing. Overall, I would recommend this product- and I will be buying it again. After all, at 5.99, It's a great deal!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by blueberrysal

My friend tried out this product, and told about how amazing it was, and how soft and clear her skin was the next day so obviously I was excited to try the Cupcake mask out. I got a sample from the store the next day, and before I went to sleep I put it on for ten minutes, then washed it off.

When I woke up the next morning, I saw that I had these awful monster pimples lining my forehead, which previous to the mask had been almost completely clear. It made me break out so bad. It's almost put me off all Lush products.

Also, another friend of mine got a sample of the Love Lettuce, and it also made her break out all over her face, so maybe it might have been due to our skin types, but I definitely don't recommend it.