November 26, 2014 | 1890 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Megss

I stubbled upon the yummy smelling cupcake mask when i was Christmas Shopping and had a major stress breakout. I purchased the product due to the fact that it was for combination skin, prone to acne...and of course the amazing chocolate & sandlewood scent helped pursue my decision. I got home and used it right away. After leaving it on for 10 minutes, and giving my face a good rinse I looked in the mirror and didn`t notice any difference. Then, after about 10 minutes I noticed a huge change!! It dried out the pimples and toned down a lot of the redness associated with the problem area. I used this mask throughout the holiday season, absolutely in lust with the product. I even dabbed the mask on a specific zit just to dry it out before bed time. It worked wonders for my skin.
The LUSH employee told me it was only good for 3-4 uses but I got 8 uses out of it! (I do have a very tiny face though.)
--I wouldn`t recommend using it after the expiry date. I used it a couple of days after the date established, and had an aweful reaction that left my face itchy, burning, and very, very red...very uncomfortable. My face looked very burnt and I had to cancel my plans that evening. It only lasted for that night and my face was back to normal in the morning. That being said It was my fault that I used something that was out-of-date & I will definitely buy this product in the future, as I had amazing results with it before the expiry date.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I smelled the Cupcake mask, it smelled like Hershey's so I had to get it! At the price of $5.95, it was worth it. I tried it at home in the bath and left it on for 5 minutes so it can settle into my skin. Afterwards, I rinsed. I didn't see any results of better skin, though. I was disappointed and will not be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Cupcake smells utterly amazing - you won't want to wash it off. If you've refrigerated it before use, your skin will feel cool, happy and refreshed, and definitely smoother. It didn't have the magical acne-relieving effects for me that some others have experienced, though. For a real acne solution, I'd go with Origins' Clear Improvement. However, Cupcake is still worth a buy once in a while and although Lush says its pots are good for 4-5 uses, they do last a lot longer than that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

Because of this mask, I am hooked on LUSH. I normally passed this store at my local mall, but bc of my friend, decided to go in. Im glad I did! This mask is AWESOME for oily skin or even combo! The smell is a strong chocolate scent, so if youre not into strong scents, then this might be something to get use to. I like the grainy consistency, cuz it feels real nice against the skin. I leave it on for like 5 to 10 minutes. After I wash my face, it feels sooo smoooth! It makes a differnce the next day when I put my makeup on. My skin is alot more calm and my oil production goes down. Im in love with this & cant wait to try out more! Plus, it comes in a cute little container & you MUST store it in the fridge since it is freshly made =D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lipglops2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

if u like chocolate u luv this mask it smells just like chocolate baked goods its got 3 uses in it and for oily acne prone skin i usally leave mask on for a while (queen helene anyways)this u prob should only leave on for rec time 5 to 10 min cos when dries gets rough texture my skin really oily felt like it did good job temp soakin up some oil would like try bluberry one

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Snezhinochka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go-to face mask for a quick fix! I usually use Omorovicza's deep cleansing mask for a monthly deep-cleansing ritual, but thats definitely not something I'd do all the time; and this lush one is just perfect for improving a facial biological catastrophe overnight! I absolutely love it!

Firstly, this goes without saying, but it does smell amazing. It smells like after eight chocolates. I'm a model so I dont eat much chocolate, though I absolutely love it, and this mask just sort of makes up for that!

Secondly, unlike most cleansing masks, this doesnt make my skin dry. In the opposite, in fact, it makes it very plumped-up and moisturised, and veeery smooth - I suppose thats due to the linseed in the mask - linseed being generally a product I'm rather obsessed with, it's just so good for you, I can swear by it. And of course, it just cleared up my skin, which was looking absolutely terrible. It just made a huge amount of pimples and an equally huge amount of redness on my face go away. It went from splotchy and bumpy to smooth and blemish free.

However, since this mask does contain cocoa and other strong ingredients you should probably test it first before you use it...different skin will react differently to it so be careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by channelfloral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG Mask! I've actually got it on now :)
So I have the oiliest skin possible and I break out all the time, like every day I have new spots coming! I went to LUSH and spoke to the guy there looking for a new skincare routine and we started out with masks.
I apply cupcake to clean dry skin and leave it for 10 minutes or so (give or take).

Some people hate the smell, I personally am not a fan but it's just a smell and if the product is greeat for my skin I'm not bothered!

After I washed this off the first time I was in absolute shock. My skin was glowing, infact I turned the light out and my face was like a torch.

Since I've been using this I've had less spots, if I get one it goes quicker, and my skin has been less oily by a lot.

Also, apparently you can get 4 or 5 applications out of the tub but I don't understand that because I get at least 8 and that's with a thick layer!

I'm on my second pot now!

Please go and get this! Just ask for a tester and see what you think!
LC x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

This smells so good! My sister and I love it. It does help prevent breakouts. The only con is that they expire so quickly. I usually still use it for awhile after they expire because I can barely get through half in the time allotted.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by nmaria0715

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of a Lush Mask in Cupcake and man! it smelled yummy, like chocolate with a hint of mint that I wanted to eat it! As always I got friendly service at Lush, so the lady told me to go home and massage it all over my face, leave it on for five minutes then wash it all off. So I did that then dried my face with a towel. I felt my skin and it felt like after my skin does with any other exfoliators and cleansers, so i guess it did the job? anyway my skin was smooth hehe and smelled like chocolate still, so if you don't want your face to smell like chocolate, this might not be for you or put just on something that will take away the smell if ur that irritated by it lol. I also got a sample of the Oatifix Mask which I have yet to try, but this one smells yummy too! like yams or pumpkin pie? and play-doh lol interesting. I went to another lush counter another day, but this one didn't give out mask samples, so I guess every lush counter/store is different, so just be sure to ask if you're interested. But they're only 6 bucks I think or once you use up 5 lush tubs, you take 'em back and trade it in for one mask tub, just like B2M with a lipstick but anyway getting off sidetracked, the mask I really wanted was a berries and yogurt one called catastophe? i believe and the lush counter that gave me samples didn't have it so yeah, maybe next time -Maria :)
p.s.here's a pic link of me with the mask!http://img.makeupalley.com/8/4/1/1/1817436.JPG

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mask, is very drying. I have oily skin(not overly so, but still blackheads and redness and pimples in t-zone), but I used this and it made my skin veryyyy dry, it started to flake all over and I think irritated my forehead with tiny bumps all over. I probably overused this? I would recommend for very oily skins and I would probably just get brazened honey next time.. or even catastrophe cosmetic! :)Cupcake smells like chocolate on the other hand.. which is always "sweet" !