LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 5/23/2011 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

So while I said yes to buying this again, it isn't my favorite LUSH mask. Whereas Love Lettuce is good where I am more oily and Oatifix is good where I am more dry this is a good combo mask. I will give it that. It wear on the face nicely not any flaking and my skin doesn't feel dry after. What threw me off on this was the scent. I thought I was going to LOVE this scent but it kinda smells like chocolate mixed with dirt and clay. Very offputting. If you can get past the scent of this it is a overall nice mask for combo skin. Doesn't dry me out on my cheeks and helps with oil in the T-zone.

on 5/12/2011 1:30:00 AM

This mask.. the Lush Cupcake mask.. where shall I start? I won't be totally cruel but this mask stinks according to others. I thought this mask smelled good but when I used it against my face my sister told me I stank and she really wanted me to wash the thing off. It's fun to use though.. and it helps calm a teensy weensy bit of redness.. if I had to elaborate, I'd say it helped about 0.01% of the irritations on my face (I sport the occasional zit). It's not the best, but it's alright. Smelly, smelly, smelly.

on 5/11/2011 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Soooooooo. The first thing that I noticed about this product was the SERIOUSLY strong smell. I know, I know, all the other reviews were all on how divine it smelt. But to me this isn't a pleasant smell and way too strong and overwhelming. I couldn't keep it on for the whole 10 minutes because the smell made me feel nauseated. The texture of the mask is nice and mousse like, with bits of nuts,or something making it feel like a true cupcake. My cousins pimple didn't reduce in redness or size and it stung when it was on the pimple, but I guess that is because of the mint. But afterwards we noticed our face were whiter, glowing. Which was good. Really, it was just the smell that was quite off putting for me despite all the good reviews on here :D

on 5/1/2011 6:20:00 PM

I love this mask. My favorite thing about it is the smell. It smells like a chocolatey minty dream! It applies nice and smooth on my face and when i wash it off, my skin is very soft. It also helps to calm and soothe my breakouts. I love cupcake!

on 4/23/2011 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

i picked this up purely because it smells so damn good and looks like muffin batter! its definately not cheap here in NZ as its nearly 17bucks for a little pottle (1 NZ dollar = .80 US dollar, you do the maths...). first of all i must say that the whole 'fresh masks must be used up in three weeks' thing is really misleading as ive had this for way more than 3 weeks (possibly 5, and there is still plenty left) and its still good and its not the 1st mask that i had that is still good after its supposed expiry date. mind you i do keep it refridgerated like there is no tomorrow though...so maybe that helped....anyways this thing smells amazing and lasts more than 10 uses. i cant say that this is a super amazing mask as it does what normal clay-like masks do but i must admit that its perhaps not as drying.its not a life-changing product, it does dry up spots but then so do most other masks that claim to dry up spots such as queen helenes mint mask..however i do love using it as it smells so good and it lingers after you wash the mask off, speaking of washing it off its a complete pain as it rolls up and truely performs as if it was a batter! yet another lush product which i dont need and doesnt do anything super amazing but i will probably end up repurchasing just because it smells so good and feels nice on the face. you got me again lush, i just cant figure out how you keep on doing it!

on 4/13/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I really like this product. I've tried everything for my skin, and this really soothes my skin. I don't use it often enough to see if it makes my acne go away, but I use it because its soothing and it reduces my face redness. I love the smell of this. I don't like however that this product makes such a mess in removal... it's very flaky. This will be a keeper product because it's cheap and its easy to get. Thanks Lush!

on 4/13/2011 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

By far my favorite mask from Lush! It leaves my face feeling clean and fresh. It works great at clearing my breakouts quickly. The only thing i hate is once it's dries, it's messy to get off. Usually leaves a mess on my sink so i started to wash it off in the shower which is better but still can leave a little mess behind. Removing with a washcloth is just to much work for me. Smells amazing, after about four tubs of this is it for sure a staple of mine!

on 4/11/2011 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I used this mask on my boyfriend who has oily skin and prone to break outs. First off, it smells divine! He said it made his face itchy while it dried, but that could be because he never used a face mask before. His face was red after he removed the mask and then it actually made his face oilier. Not good. So I would not repurchase.

on 4/10/2011 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I brought this product just yesterday and tryed it out I can say that I fell in love, it gave me a nice glow after rinsing. The redness of my pimples got lighter and my skin was soft. It was simple, just spread the mask evenly, wait 5-10 minutes, and taking it off was sooo easy. It smells amazing.. but this product is nooot for people without oily skin. I'm happy this products organic, Lush make their own products every couples of day and they use fresh ingredients. You can check out their other masks. They have some for all skin types, and different things like acne, ageing, radiance. This mask just is for oily teenage like skin and helps calms breakouts :)

on 4/3/2011 9:22:00 PM

Great mask! I have been using it for a couple of months now and I have had great results. It makes my pimpiles less noticible. The only problem was that it really dried out my skin so I had to use mosturizer.

Popular Masks