October 24, 2014 | 1640 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Tresor

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by manda9794

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a very strong and heavy scent so a little goes a long way. its beautiful and almost caramel smelling tho. i love it in the wintertime and for the holidays.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Giving it one lippie---'cause I have to in order to write a review!

Tresor is an awfully composed fragrance that smells like over-ripe fruit next to an open wound. It smells like the perfumer was rushed into making this concoction and didn't make sure it was well-rounded. Like it's undone; which creates a "sharp-major-headache-inducing-knock-you-over-gasping-for-air-scent." Please don't wear this rotten putrid --(-or is it rancid?) fruit smelling nightmare of a 'perfume' that someone concocted for the masses. It's really awful. Please choose something of better quality for all of our sakes. There are so many better, fuller more well rounded smelling fruity/florals out there that smell so much better than Tresor.... i.e., Benefit Maybe Baby... Fresh Sake, even Jean Nate smells better compared to this ( let's say this again together this time people) "sharp-major-headache-inducing-knock-you-over-gasping-for-air-scent." Pardon me for saying so, but Lancome's Tresor is not a 'treasure' at all, but in my honest opinion --- Garbage.

***** Footnote**** dated 4/17/2010 ----- A very generous MUAer send me a mini bottle of Tresor ---- I don't know if she read my review and wanted me to give it another shot or just piss me off by sending me something I hated ---- BUT all aside --- My 16 year old daughter loved the mini bottle and put some on. I was not in the room.... and didn't smell it until she passed by -- smelling ~AMAZING~ .... I asked what she had on and she said she was sampling the Tresor and loved it! SHOCK -- Major Disbelif...... Just goes to show you --- CHEMISTRY IS EVERYTHING!!

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 6:51:00 AM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On me, this is just nothing special. Initially I get an indistinct smell which I suppose is the peach or apricot but smells like marshmallow rather than fruit to me. It quickly settles down into a sweet mix of amber and wood with a tiny bit of spice and powder, and holds this stage for many hours. However, I have several times admired someone else's perfume only to be told that it is Tresor so I think I must not be bringing out the best in it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 1:33:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the reviews that compare Tresor to the smell of expensive cosmetics - that's a great comparison! I haven't yet been able to sniff Frederic Malle's Lipstick Rose but I see them as having the same kind of concept. This has a very retro "makeup-y" smell. I remember I wore this in high school but I grew to hate it because I was probably wearing too much of it. This is extremely strong (Poison and Angel type strong), and I have to be careful that I'm wearing it and it doesn't wear me. It will enter the room before I do if I'm not careful. I hadn't worn it in years but I saw a Tresor gift set at TJ Maxx about a month ago and nostaliga got the best of me. I was honestly not even really expecting to like it and would probably just wear it occasionaly for memories sake, but I was surprised to find that I love it. This is like femininity in a bottle. And femininity in a full-bodied, confident way. In a sea of fruity-florals this is sure to make you stand out in a crowd, that's for sure! I was looking at the Lancome website before writing this review, and the product information says it was inspired by the final scene in Casablanca. What a great inspiration! And a fitting one as well. Glamorous, romantic, reminiscent of times past. It's a classic that I hope stays around for a long time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got a deluxe sample bottle of this with a recent Lancome purchase. Upon application, it is powdery and not very pleasant in my opinion.
After the dry down however, it turned this amazing comforting warm rich scent on my skin. I really like it. I think my mother used to wear it or something, because it is very nostalgic to me.
I don't think it's for everyday wear, it is fairly strong. A little goes a very long way with this.
I only wear this once in a while, when I want to smell "grown up".
I'm very glad to have a little bottle in my collection-it will last forever!.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 4:41:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I LOVE this scent! I remember my mom first bought it when I was about 10 years old and I always loved the smell since then! It's definitely something I will always use over time :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff just plain stinks. And, for me, it doesn't even last.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Aprial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree! it smells like face powder.. I can only use it once a months or so. I will not buy it again..

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2008 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Icyprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought Tresor would smell like peaches but noooo, this smells like rosy face powder. You have to like the smell of makeup to like this. It's way, way too heavy and perfumy for me. It's not terrible but not my style, kind of fussy and frilly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 8:20:00 AM More reviews by kayben

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My chemistry is a mean, disagreeable beast, because it can't seem to get along with the fragrances I've been trying lately.

On me, Tresor smells like a fruit salad in a tupperware bowl (plastic-y undernotes) left out in the sun too long. The bottle is lovely and looks elegant on my dresser--that's the best thing I can say about it.