Lancome Tresor

3.4

My mother used to wear this when I was in my early teens and I used to borrow some every once in a while. When I thought of buying something for my mother in law, this immediately came to me as a perfect mom fragrance. She loved it. I love it too, though it's not a head over heels type of love...We are just great friends :)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

TRESOR = TERRIFYING. this fragrance is truly DISGUSTING. my mom uses this perfume and it smells like straight up rubbing alcohol. another reviewer compared it to "ROTTING FRUIT NEXT TO AN OPEN WOUND" and that description pretty much dead on. Tresor has a biting, choking, and offensive smell, my mother used to apply it while we were in the car and my eyes would water and my throat would close up even though i sat all the way in the back seat! VERY STRONG SMELL. fruity and spicy it burns my nose. offensive, and it lingers and lasts and stinks... i couldn't see how men would like it.

mmm this scent sparks some memories
its a nice scent but it seems a bit too old fashioned?
the amber colour kinda pus me off
reminds me of whiskey

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wrote that I would not buy this again, but the truth is, I've been duped by this before, most likely because Kate Winslet has since become the spokesmodel for this scent. And I do love her. The scent itself is great...but far too strong for me. It teeters on artificial and synthetic (i am reviewing the Elixir which is more concentrated than edt) and it's got a sharp edge which when freshly sprayed is nearly more than I can stand. It does soften quite a bit but I find that despite its intial shock value (I do love the uniqueness of the apricots) it dries down to something very soft and not noticeable. How odd. It changes little from first spray to drydown (minus the harsh factor).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

IMO, its a close to perfect fragrance.
My mom used to wear this perfume when I was a little girl and I absolutely hated it and I even remember even expressing to her how much I disliked how she smelled whenever she wore this perfume. Fast forward about 15 years and I receive a sample of Tresor at the Lancome counter. I decided to try the sample even though I had a negative preconception about the fragrance. It completely blew my mind how good this smelled. I love the fruitiness at first and then the flowery musk that stays behind. I cannot keep from smelling my wrist throughout the day whenever I wear this one.

This is a lovely warm peach -rose - amber fragrance, but I wish it was a bit more complex and long lasting . I have the edp - and while I do find it almost too strong initially, I find that it just doesn't last as long as I wish and would expect from this type of strong floriental. Very comforting. As an interesting aside for fans of this fragrance, this is pretty similar to fragonard "lune de miel" , at least the solid perfume version which I own.

It doesn't move me. Too popular, too polite, dull scent of apricot/plum compote with rose petals floating on the surface. "Flabby", without a skeleton.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was in my early teens when this fragrance was launched and wasn't very interested in it initially because it seemed too classic, adult, and popular a scent for me at that time. Years later I smelled it on a tester strip and found it too sweet. However, quite recently--completely on a whim--I tested some on my skin and was immediately bowled over by how lovely this smells on me. The fragrance is one of strong rose mixed with apricot blossoms (both come through strongly) plus lilac and muguet. The drydown is amber + vanilla with a musky touch. It is an absolutely stunning and feminine mixture, a true floriental. The sweetness is not cloying but rather skin-like and sensuous. The lasting power is also spectacular--my skin tends to "eat" lighter scents, and I appreciate a fragrance that sticks around for several hours. This fragrance will easily last all day and you needn't apply very much for it to be noticeable. It is the kind of scent that will linger in the air and infuse objects around it with its loveliness. I find this fragrance to be an intriguing combination of sexy/classiness. It is a fragrance with personality, unabashedly womanly, quite sexy, but also sophisticated enough for it to work well in a lot of contexts and situations. This is not a perfume for wallflowers--if you prefer blending into the background and don't want anybody to notice your fragrance unless they sit on your lap--skip this one. If you want a fragrance with diva-esque qualities & character-give this one a try--it's a new staple for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

this is a very strong and heavy scent so a little goes a long way. its beautiful and almost caramel smelling tho. i love it in the wintertime and for the holidays.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Giving it one lippie---'cause I have to in order to write a review!

Tresor is an awfully composed fragrance that smells like over-ripe fruit next to an open wound. It smells like the perfumer was rushed into making this concoction and didn't make sure it was well-rounded. Like it's undone; which creates a "sharp-major-headache-inducing-knock-you-over-gasping-for-air-scent." Please don't wear this rotten putrid --(-or is it rancid?) fruit smelling nightmare of a 'perfume' that someone concocted for the masses. It's really awful. Please choose something of better quality for all of our sakes. There are so many better, fuller more well rounded smelling fruity/florals out there that smell so much better than Tresor.... i.e., Benefit Maybe Baby... Fresh Sake, even Jean Nate smells better compared to this ( let's say this again together this time people) "sharp-major-headache-inducing-knock-you-over-gasping-for-air-scent." Pardon me for saying so, but Lancome's Tresor is not a 'treasure' at all, but in my honest opinion --- Garbage.

***** Footnote**** dated 4/17/2010 ----- A very generous MUAer send me a mini bottle of Tresor ---- I don't know if she read my review and wanted me to give it another shot or just piss me off by sending me something I hated ---- BUT all aside --- My 16 year old daughter loved the mini bottle and put some on. I was not in the room.... and didn't smell it until she passed by -- smelling ~AMAZING~ .... I asked what she had on and she said she was sampling the Tresor and loved it! SHOCK -- Major Disbelif...... Just goes to show you --- CHEMISTRY IS EVERYTHING!!

Popular Fragrances