Lancome Tresor

3.4

on 7/27/2008 7:03:00 PM

It doesn't move me. Too popular, too polite, dull scent of apricot/plum compote with rose petals floating on the surface. "Flabby", without a skeleton.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was in my early teens when this fragrance was launched and wasn't very interested in it initially because it seemed too classic, adult, and popular a scent for me at that time. Years later I smelled it on a tester strip and found it too sweet. However, quite recently--completely on a whim--I tested some on my skin and was immediately bowled over by how lovely this smells on me. The fragrance is one of strong rose mixed with apricot blossoms (both come through strongly) plus lilac and muguet. The drydown is amber + vanilla with a musky touch. It is an absolutely stunning and feminine mixture, a true floriental. The sweetness is not cloying but rather skin-like and sensuous. The lasting power is also spectacular--my skin tends to "eat" lighter scents, and I appreciate a fragrance that sticks around for several hours. This fragrance will easily last all day and you needn't apply very much for it to be noticeable. It is the kind of scent that will linger in the air and infuse objects around it with its loveliness. I find this fragrance to be an intriguing combination of sexy/classiness. It is a fragrance with personality, unabashedly womanly, quite sexy, but also sophisticated enough for it to work well in a lot of contexts and situations. This is not a perfume for wallflowers--if you prefer blending into the background and don't want anybody to notice your fragrance unless they sit on your lap--skip this one. If you want a fragrance with diva-esque qualities & character-give this one a try--it's a new staple for me.

on 6/5/2008 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

this is a very strong and heavy scent so a little goes a long way. its beautiful and almost caramel smelling tho. i love it in the wintertime and for the holidays.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Giving it one lippie---'cause I have to in order to write a review!

Tresor is an awfully composed fragrance that smells like over-ripe fruit next to an open wound. It smells like the perfumer was rushed into making this concoction and didn't make sure it was well-rounded. Like it's undone; which creates a "sharp-major-headache-inducing-knock-you-over-gasping-for-air-scent." Please don't wear this rotten putrid --(-or is it rancid?) fruit smelling nightmare of a 'perfume' that someone concocted for the masses. It's really awful. Please choose something of better quality for all of our sakes. There are so many better, fuller more well rounded smelling fruity/florals out there that smell so much better than Tresor.... i.e., Benefit Maybe Baby... Fresh Sake, even Jean Nate smells better compared to this ( let's say this again together this time people) "sharp-major-headache-inducing-knock-you-over-gasping-for-air-scent." Pardon me for saying so, but Lancome's Tresor is not a 'treasure' at all, but in my honest opinion --- Garbage.

***** Footnote**** dated 4/17/2010 ----- A very generous MUAer send me a mini bottle of Tresor ---- I don't know if she read my review and wanted me to give it another shot or just piss me off by sending me something I hated ---- BUT all aside --- My 16 year old daughter loved the mini bottle and put some on. I was not in the room.... and didn't smell it until she passed by -- smelling ~AMAZING~ .... I asked what she had on and she said she was sampling the Tresor and loved it! SHOCK -- Major Disbelif...... Just goes to show you --- CHEMISTRY IS EVERYTHING!!

on 6/3/2008 6:51:00 AM

On me, this is just nothing special. Initially I get an indistinct smell which I suppose is the peach or apricot but smells like marshmallow rather than fruit to me. It quickly settles down into a sweet mix of amber and wood with a tiny bit of spice and powder, and holds this stage for many hours. However, I have several times admired someone else's perfume only to be told that it is Tresor so I think I must not be bringing out the best in it.

on 5/28/2008 1:33:00 AM

I love the reviews that compare Tresor to the smell of expensive cosmetics - that's a great comparison! I haven't yet been able to sniff Frederic Malle's Lipstick Rose but I see them as having the same kind of concept. This has a very retro "makeup-y" smell. I remember I wore this in high school but I grew to hate it because I was probably wearing too much of it. This is extremely strong (Poison and Angel type strong), and I have to be careful that I'm wearing it and it doesn't wear me. It will enter the room before I do if I'm not careful. I hadn't worn it in years but I saw a Tresor gift set at TJ Maxx about a month ago and nostaliga got the best of me. I was honestly not even really expecting to like it and would probably just wear it occasionaly for memories sake, but I was surprised to find that I love it. This is like femininity in a bottle. And femininity in a full-bodied, confident way. In a sea of fruity-florals this is sure to make you stand out in a crowd, that's for sure! I was looking at the Lancome website before writing this review, and the product information says it was inspired by the final scene in Casablanca. What a great inspiration! And a fitting one as well. Glamorous, romantic, reminiscent of times past. It's a classic that I hope stays around for a long time.

on 5/11/2008 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got a deluxe sample bottle of this with a recent Lancome purchase. Upon application, it is powdery and not very pleasant in my opinion.
After the dry down however, it turned this amazing comforting warm rich scent on my skin. I really like it. I think my mother used to wear it or something, because it is very nostalgic to me.
I don't think it's for everyday wear, it is fairly strong. A little goes a very long way with this.
I only wear this once in a while, when I want to smell "grown up".
I'm very glad to have a little bottle in my collection-it will last forever!.

on 5/11/2008 4:41:00 AM

I LOVE this scent! I remember my mom first bought it when I was about 10 years old and I always loved the smell since then! It's definitely something I will always use over time :)

on 4/18/2008 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This stuff just plain stinks. And, for me, it doesn't even last.

on 4/17/2008 3:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I agree! it smells like face powder.. I can only use it once a months or so. I will not buy it again..

Popular Fragrances