Ponds Clean Sweep Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes

3.9

Water.hexlene glycol,anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e acetate),camellia sinensis(white tea) leaf extract, cyclopia intermedia (honeybush) leaf extract,polysorbate 20, sodium lauroamphoacatate, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, benzyl alcohol, xylityglucoside, anhydroxlitol,xylitol,fragrance,citric acid,butylene glycol,dmdm,hydantoin,iodopropynyl butylcarbamate.

on 7/13/2008 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this product for quite awhile now and have since discovered what a horrible job it does on removing eye makeup, which is why I gave it 3 lippies.
Other than that, it does it's job in removing my lipstick and Bare Minerals foundation at the end of the day. I like that it doesn't leave an oily residue behind and that's it's thin enough for me to flush down the toilet. It also contains just the right amount of wetness.
I wish the the packaging was better though. It comes with a sticky flap that looses its "stickiness" after awhile and the last few towelettes become dry in result.
Back to the eye makeup: I had to scrub my poor eyes so much that they would eventually become irritated and red and I would lose some eye lashes. I finally discovered those Neutrogena pads that do an awesome job in removing eye makeup so my problem has been solved!

on 6/21/2008 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

FIRST OF ALL, THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO REMOVE EYE-MAKEUP. EVEN IF IT SAYS SO ON SOME PACKAGING, IT WONT AND DOESNT.

So after saying that, it is a GREAT alternative to cleansing and toning skin. Especially if you have acne or sensitive skin. They are very cute and easy for travel AND home. Definitely recommend them. Also, I have dry skin.

on 6/19/2008 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I usually use these when I am flying or working out, although I have been known to use them at the end of a really late night out. The cloths are quite gentle but they seem to leave some kind of residue on my face after. Fortunately I have yet to break out from these.

1 cloth usually does the job for me (EDM foundation, e/s, MAC technokohl e/l, lip gloss) but I would not trust it to remove my SS. needed for that. I use 1 side for my face, and then the other for my eyes (fold the cloth over to create an edge to gently swipe along eye line and under eyes) followed by my neck and ears. After that if I am staying over at someone's house I use the cloth to wipe off the sink and faucet.

Overall these cloths are decent and quite durable, but I would prefer something with better packaging. The fragrance is also a bit off-putting imo.

on 6/13/2008 6:22:00 PM

I am giving an overall 5 lippies because I am lazy and these make me very happy to use after a long hard day! They do a decent job of removing all my makeup without stinging.

on 6/13/2008 10:59:00 AM

This was listed as POND's Clean Sweep.I got 30 wet towelettes plus some extra 15 towelettes for at least 6.49 at Walgreen's. I find this product okay maybe a 2.5-3 rating. My main gripe is that it did not remove all of my eye makeup. I had to keep going over again 3-4 x to get it all off to make sure all of it was gone. On the package it claims to remove waterproof mascara. Uh-uh, not my
Lash Blast. I really had to rub against my lashes to take even 1/2 off and ended up having to take that off with good old fashion Vasaline jelly. Bought this because they had extra towelettes (15) at my local Walgreen's. For eye make up removal I prefer Andrea eye Q's the non oily version and for quick face makeup removal use the Oil of Olay (paper towel that you wet first?) .

Would I buy again? Only if next time they were on sale.

on 5/31/2008 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

While these are no substitute for a real cleansing, I always keep some of these on hand for those lazy nights as something that is indeed better than nothing. When I have a day without makeup they are nice to wipe off with at the end of the day, too. And call me crazy but I love the smell.

on 5/3/2008 11:35:00 PM

These are quite a delightful find and work well at removing makeup and what the day leaves behind. I use separate eye makeup remover on cotton balls for eye makeup however as I don't believe the eye area should be roughed up unnecessarily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

As much as I would like to give an appraisal, i just simply can't.

it doesn't completely take off everything. it removes my foundation but it will leave some of my mascara and eyeliner behind. at first, when i sweep the towelette over my eyes, my eye appears to be clean and fresh. but then when morning comes around, there will be big black circles around my eyes and i'm assuming thats from the left over makeup that wasn't removed.

but ive continued to buy this product because sometimes i might be a bit too lazy to do my fash wash routine after a night at the club or dancing, so i use these cloths to remove the rest of my makeup and an extra cloth specifically for my eye makeup.

it also has Chamomile, Vitamin E and Triple Tea Antioxidant Complex to nourish and soothe skin. so that's always a plus!

on 4/15/2008 9:22:00 PM

Love the way these are packaged, makes them favorite convenient especially if you're on the go. They remove makeup fast and easy, even hard to remove eye makeup. They don't dry me out at all like some of the other cleansing cloths I've used. I keep these in my handbag and use them frequently. They haven't broke my sensitive skin out at all. I'll definitely be buying them again.

on 4/11/2008 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OK, I got these after hearing good things about them even though I was still a little worried b/c I have such sensitive skin,but I thought I would just give them a try.The 1st thing I don't like about them is that they are pretty dry..It felt like I was rubbing my face with sand paper.They made my skin all red and irritated.I also did not feel like it was cleaning my face at all.Then when I put on my moisturizer my skin felt dirty and greasy! (which is rare b/c i have very dry skin) IDK if that is related to using these cleansing clothes but I haven't had this happen with other cleansers.I will NOT be using these anymore.What a mistake.