Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 6/15/2009 12:19:00 AM

I absolutely love this powder! Probably the best powder I've used it makes my face look flawless and I love the slight luminous finish it gives it also has minerals in it which is nice and it controls oil its everything in one I wear neutral and it matches my skin perfectly definitely will be buying this again!

on 6/11/2009 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

My FAVORITE pressed powder. I have darker skin with yellow undertones, C7 in MAC. Very normal, no acne but like my face really matte and have trouble finding powders with the power to do that (esp. in the summer). I bought this in Stay Suede and it is almost a perfect match for me, very blendable, too. Does not oxidize to orange. The compact is standard mint green and a good size to stow away in my purse.

EDIT: I still like this powder but by the end of the day, there is almost none left on my face even if I use a primer. I prefer MAC Studio Fix for the coverage but Clinique is better for a natural look.

on 6/6/2009 2:21:00 PM

I love this powder! I was NOT expecting much from it at all. I bought it for $19.00 at Nordstrom which is a great deal, IMO. I have it in Stay Buff (the lightest color they offer) and it matches my skin so perfectly, it melts right in it. I work in a BUSY restaurant for 8 hours on a time, I sweat, there's greases, I touch my face, etc. By the end of the day, there was VERY little shine break through and it gave a dewy look instead of a disgusting greasy, cakey, or oxidized look. It sinks into the skin toward the end of the day instead of smearing and looking uneven. I have combo skin that usually gets oily on the forehead and the sides of my nose. This is super easy to touch up, too. For the ladies who feel this product is cakey, I highly recommend putting on moisturizer and immediately applying the powder with a large powder brush. It gives me an airbrushed and even finish. Highly recommended. HOWEVER, I did deduct one lipstick because the powder is a little hard to get on the brush.

on 6/2/2009 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a decent pressed powder and the only makeup product I will purchase from Clinique. I use the invisible matte shade either on bare skin or over foundation. It controls oil pretty well and the color doesn't darken at all. Doesn't aggrevate my skin in any way either. I chose would not repurchase because I've found an inexpensive replacement in Maybelline's Shine Free Oil Control loose powder (which is superb for $5). I never carry compacts on me for touchups so there is no need for pressed powder in my makeup bag.

on 5/31/2009 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

im an n9 in mac , so my under tones are golden i guess & its really hard to find a foundation in a shade of borwn that doesnt wash me out ! luckily i found this one at sephora (: & i have sensitive skin , so that also makes it harder but this one matches me perfect and works almost like a foundation ! light to medium coverage but its a sheer pressed powder so it does what it says ! i also get a shine during the day ( not oily ) just a shine & this keeps it away without making me look boring! i used just one swipe of it over my revlon mineral foundation & it looks so beautiful (: but i would recommend using a BRUSH !!!!!!!! looks more natural & doesnt cake on...

on 5/20/2009 10:30:00 AM

This is a perfect match with Clinique's Superfit Foundation. After applying the foundation, your face might still shine a little cause it's not mattening. If you apply this pressed powder on top of it, it will matten your skin, but not make it look boring. It's really perfect in combination with the foundation =) This is oil free and has microfine little pearls (sorry, couldnt describe it well =P) that gives the skin a fine-pored look. The soft texture lets the skin breathe and stops the glowing for the whole day. Great product! Would repurchase =)

on 4/26/2009 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like the Clinique powders. They have nice color and stay on well. This one is great. I'm not a fan of alot of Clinique products but this is nice stuff! Especially the soft honey for summer when i have a tan.

on 4/12/2009 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for a powder that I can keep in my purse and use for touchups. I prefer loose powder but it's not the easiest thing to travel with. The compact is simple looking but the powder does what it says. It keeps me matte and makes my pores disappear. I use this with a travel powder brush-I don't like the puff/sponge it comes with. The one thing that was strange was the color match. I'm a NC40 and the Stay Golden powder looked exactly like my skin. However, it was ashy upon application. The Stay Beige which looked too light for me was perfect. I can see why it would be difficult to find the right color shade. I am very pleased with this powder and will repurchase in the future.

on 4/9/2009 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really want to kill Clinique for their HORRIBLE selection of colors. I mean if you can find your color,then great for you! But for the rest of us,who can't it sucks because their formulations are great.

This powder pretty much stays put on me.

Only problem is the damn color which not only oxidizes but since I cant find a proper color match,at the end of the day my face looks really dark whereas my body is light.

Clinique please revise your color selections I BEG you!

on 3/14/2009 12:17:00 PM

Eh, I wanted to use this to control my oily skin but found several things wrong with it. First off.... Clinique really does have the worst selection of colors. My skin is fair with some pinkish undertones and the sales associate matched me with Stay Neutral. It was not quite my skin tone but it was the best thing compared to the other shades. First off... it was for fair people with yellow undertones, secondly... it looked incredibly masky when I put it on. In addition to this, the texture of the powder is pretty bad... it looks really chalky and looks horrible upon application and its difficult to get it out of the pan (you really have to swirl your brush in there to pick up a decent amount). As for mattifying ability? I think this stuff made me more oily so it was nothing special. The main thing that I disliked was the fact that this stuff would oxidize on me like crazy. By the end of the day it looked like i was wearing an orange mask and my parents would always comment on my make-up line which I find quite embarrassing. However, the packaging is very cute and the compact does resemble a bathroom tile :). Overall.. will I buy this product again? No. I switched over to Stila's sheer pressed powder and its great!