NARS Cream Blush in Penny Lane [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Talc, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Tricaprylin, Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Cera Alba (Beeswax), PEG 150 Distearate, Lanolin, Laureth 4, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75740), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 1/12/2009 4:59:00 PM

I tried Penny Lane because I really wanted to try a cream blush. Unfortunately, it did not even show up on my face. I returned it, and have not tried other creme colors. For reference, I am NC30 and my other fave blushes are Clinique Aglow, LM Crushed Hazlenut, and NARS Zen.

on 1/7/2009 9:37:00 PM

For me, this did not work and I am a blush freak! I love blush and I love cream blush. I am a stila cc junkie. I was excited to try this but the color & texture let me down. Let me first say that I have freckles and for some reason my freckles threw this off, also, I feel it to be more of a muted rose than nude as it was described on the boards. If your looking for a nice peach pink subtle nude cream blush- try stila gerbera. texture..I was disapointed that this turned to a powder when applied. I guess I was hoping it would be more dewey. so anyways, after lemming this for quite sometime I was let down which never happens. most of my reviews are always positive as I normally easily pleased. anyways I guess this was a miss for me.

on 1/7/2009 8:36:00 PM

Penny Lane is a nice no-makeup kind of makeup. On my NC 20-25 skin it is a subtle nude peachy pink with a beautiful silver sheen( no visible shimmer). It's an effectless dewy, natural looking blush, which is absolutely mistake proof. Won't accentuate pores or acne scars. Amazing texture too, silky, soft and smooth, very easy to blend and built up.

The downsides : (1) too light for me in summer , (2) the lasting power could be better especially compared to other Nars blushes.

This is my HG blush. It's a gorgeous peachy pink shade. It looks very natural and blends easily. It also has a slight glow to it. It looks matte in the pan, and it's not iridiscent or anything on, but the result is this "glowing from within" effect. I will repurchase again, and again, and again!

on 11/21/2008 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Amaaazing color!! if your looking for something natural.. this is the one to try! i love it!! i cant imagine such color exists! i have so many other blushes.. this is by all means one of my fav ones.. pure angelic.. and i love the fact that its a cream blush.. i am in love with those since ive tried cream blushes i have lost my desire to use powder ones.

on 11/2/2008 5:21:00 PM

This is a blush that often goes neglected in my collection, but I always remember how much I like it when I "rediscover" it from time to time :) It's a soft, very slightly warm peachy pink/nude shade with very subtle shimmer, almost just an imperceptible glow. As someone who's super pale (NC/W10), it's great to have a blush that is almost literally impossible to overdo, and Penny Lane is one of those shades. I can load it on if I want a sweet-cheeked, yet still natural (really!) look. I use my MAC 188 brush for a perfect application. My only gripe is the lasting power, I feel like this one doesn't last all day and needs a touch up after 4 hours or so. Overall, it's really pretty, and a great addition to anyone's blush collection.

on 10/25/2008 12:56:00 AM

this is a beautiful blush. Its incredibly easy to apply and gives a fantastic natural flush to my cheeks. I would definately buy this again.

on 10/8/2008 3:43:00 PM

I love how this creamy blush actually stays on, is very natural, and the color is very flattering. It's a soft nude and pink color blush. The creamy texture is smooth and not cakey. It glides on and you control the level of intensity - easy to use. The color is so natural and dewy. Would buy again.

on 10/5/2008 9:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Very pretty nude pink blush on my yellow-toned medium warm skin. Good lasting power when topped with finishing powder. Non-shimmery so perfect for work. My first cream blush from Nars (I own several powder ones) and I really like the velvety texture and wearability.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really like this blush! I love the color, it's adorable on very pale skin, very subtle!
The only thing, it doesn't last much on me, need to retouch it after few hours.

Popular Blush Products