December 18, 2014 | 1392 users online

Lip Gloss - Victoria's Secret - Sweet Talk Mouth Watering Lip Gloss

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2005 7:11:00 PM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wouldn't compare this to glue, more like honey: sweet and gooey and sticky. I give this high marks though because it does something no other gloss I've met does; it lasts. I can put it on, have a few drinks, go to the bathroom, and I still have glossy lips, even if I don't layer it with anyting, which is really nice because I LIKE my natural lip color and don't want to cancel it out with a dry ol' lip pencil. I'm not the biggest gloss fan, mostly because of the staying power issue; I mean, you put it on, you look great, you go to the bathroom a few hours later and you have a full face of makeup with bare lips, with maybe a bit of glitter remaining if it was a glittery gloss. I don't want to reapply hourly. I do agree that the stickiness can be annoying. Hair sticks to my lips--god forbid I give my kitty a little kiss, and heaven forbid I get caught in a gust of wind that happens to have some dirt or dust in it--ewwww. It's no good for kissing either. But still I carry this in my purse and use it as my backup lippie when I'm out and about and my lipstick I put on at home has faded or worn off. It's clear so it goes with anything and the shine packs a punch whether over a bit of lipstick or on bare lips, so it looks pulled together with or without makeup. I have this in the berry flavor; they have different scents but they all go on clear. The new shimmery ones may have some color though; I haven't tried them. I don't mind the smell because it fades fast, but I really don't want some fragrant thing right under my nose; I'd rather smell my perfume. Mine was part of a gift set but I see these marked down to two for ten dollars quite frequently, and five dollars isn't bad at all for such a unique product. All that being said, if anyone finds a gloss that lasts without being kiss-repellant due to its stickiness, please let me know!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2005 2:46:00 AM More reviews by kfriede

Not a fan. It's really like having glue on your lips and the shiny oomph that it has in the begining fades fairly quickly. The smells are candy-like, which I love, but it's probably not everyone's thing. The shimmering lip gloss version of this must be a different formula because it feels completely different, lasts much longer, and no gunked up hair stuck to your lips!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2005 5:34:00 AM More reviews by princessami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of Cherry Vanilla with a fragrance gwp and loved it! I just went back and bought full sizes in peach and blueberry. I never thought I would find a gloss I loved more than MAC Lipglass, but this is even thicker and shinier and lasts a long time. Not to mention it tastes better and is cheaper!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2005 5:45:00 PM More reviews by cherryshake290

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is disgusting! Stay away! I hated this, it was thin, felt like sticky glue, and had a strange smell/taste, like it was trying hard to smell good. The consistancy is nothing like I've ever experienced, even in a sticky gloss like MAC Lipglass. The gloss is so thin that's it's like applying a film of sticky popsicle all over your lips. My mom bought me a gift set with all the shades, and I haven't used any of them more than once. Might swap!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2005 2:10:00 PM More reviews by lillyoc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gloss is trying hard to be the Shu Sweet Gloss, but failing badly. The strawberry, compared to the subtle Shu strawberry is a cough syrup mess. They are much tackier in texture (which i like more), but that tackiness does not translate into more wear. This gloss is decent, and if it were drugstore I would buy it again, but for $7 this was a rip-off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2005 8:50:00 PM More reviews by dazee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Strawberry and Peach. LOVE the smell, like fresh fruity candy maybe. It IS very sticky, but I like that, seems to last a long time, very glossy shine. The price isn't bad, $7 for a tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2005 1:14:00 AM More reviews by BeautyFiend1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Dang! This is serious gloss. This is not for the faint hearted. I have it in Pear, it's green, but it doesn't show green on my lips, of course. Very sticky, but long lasting. Smells like candy, doesn't exactly taste like it, but I never lick my lips when I have gloss on! Most people will probably be annoyed by this gloss, but I like how sexy it looks! $7.00 for a .48 oz tube

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2005 11:13:00 PM More reviews by foreveryoursxx

I have this in Vanilla Cherry. Let's just say, it smells horrible. Just like Cherry Cough Medicine. And It's gooey. Usually thickness doesn't bother me, but in this case it did. not only could i not rub my lips together (which is my habbit) with out them betting stuck, but when i tried taking it off, it left a weird feeling on my lips, and they still stuck together.

My mom got the Berry one as a GWP. And i like the smell, but the stickiness is just too gooey for me :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2005 7:05:00 PM More reviews by courty007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I kind of like this lip gloss. I got used to it after awhile. But at first i was like "Ew! This is way to sticky and gooey!" It felt like glue. But it's good stage gloss for a dance recital or school play because it's really shiny and stands out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2005 5:20:00 PM More reviews by jenniebabe838

ok, i love the smell, it stays on forever, and i wish i could love the texture more, but it's almost TOO gooey, even for me, and i LOVE gooiness... most ppl probably couldn't stand this... i really wouldn't mind it, except when the wind blows, i have really long hair, and it gets in my lip gloss and like smears it across my face, and EWWWWWWWWWWWW... even if you get it on your fingers, it like will NOT wipe off for anything... if you're careful about not wiping it anywhere other than your lips, it's good stuff lol