November 27, 2014 | 1578 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 4:46:00 AM More reviews by nallaharas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an alright foundation. Good for light shades. This used to be the only makeup I could use 4 years ago when I was suffering from pretty horrendous acne, it was the only one that wouldn't make my break outs worse. Today I can still use this makeup comfortably even though my skin tends towards combination and don't have acne any more. Maybe a little thick in consistency. It'd be a no go if you have dry skin though cause even when I had acne I felt like the salicylic acid was over exfoliating my skin. Having said that, they've just rereleased this foundation so I don't know whether they've tweaked the amount of SA in it. It now has a pump on the top which is quite good. I've only just repurchased it after not using it for a few years so I'll keep testing for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by MaddyBarnes17

Hey everyone!
I have to say, I just loved this product! I have very pale, pasty skin and the colour 200-Buff suited me perfectly. The coverage was very good, I didn't feel that I needed to add concealer or powder, although I always add powder to help the liquid last. I breakout very easily from oily foundations, however this oil free foundation has not caused a break out :) It isn't too expensive (about $25.) I would definitely recommend this product to those with oily skin who want extremely good coverage :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by PanAm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my second liquid foundation I have ever owned, I have never really needed liquid.
I broke out a couple weeks ago and I used this because I got it at a pretty good deal on it.
It provided great coverage and matched my skin tone pretty well. (Which is quite phenomenal, considering that I pasty and much whiter than anyone I have ever run into). I don't notice any affect on my blemishes though, but the medication is only .6 salicylic acid. My skin is used to 10% Benzoyl peroxide, which is quite strong so I am not quite the best person to look at for the healing powers of this.
Overall a decent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by SnoWhite92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hey everyone! I have crazy white, very sensitive skin with quite a few breakouts. I've had to use mineral makeup since I can remember, but my skin is changing and I decided to try liquid. I got this, and it's amazing! Very good coverage, but I still need to use a touch of concealer. Great staying power and best of all? It matches my skin tone!!
I have very, very, very white skin, and it's been crazy trying to find a color!
It's great with helping heal minor and major break outs. The only thing that it's lacking, is the ability of covering pores. I have pores the size of California and I need to sponge a little extra to help cover them..
Other than that, I'll be using this foundation forever!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by godudicas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This would have been the best drugstore foundation I ever tried if it didnt break me out :( I dont understand why or how considering it has salicylic acid in it. I have extremely oily skin but I dont get blemishes too often. This foundation was one of the few that helped keep the shininess at bay for a little longer than usual and I only had to blot and powder at lunchtime which is amazing for me! I refused to believe for a long time that it was the foundation that was breaking me out because it gave good coverage and matched my skin tone perfectly which again is hard for me. I finally gave up. I guess I'll have to start looking again for another foundation for my extra shiny skin :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by neveralways142

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually don't do reviews on products when I haven't tried them for very long, but this foundation deserves a review right away! I'll probably update later. Anyway, Rimmel Lasting Finish used to be my drugstore HG foundation because of its good coverage, blendability, and staying power. From what I've seen of this foundation so far, it's even better! Almay's clear complexion makeup has a much better shade range for fair skinned girls like me, so I was able to find a much better match for my pale winter skin. Right now I'm using Naked 300, and it blends into my skin so well. The undertone is perfect. The coverage of this foundation is medium but definitely buildable.You can also sheer it out by mixing with moisturizer or applying with a damp sponge. It dries a little more quickly, which is nice, because Im not waiting around for my damp foundation to dry before doing my other makeup. It doesn't dry nearly as quickly as Revlon Colorstay though, and seems much more blendable, making for a much easier application without the streaks and blotches that happen so often with Colorstay (which also never matched my skintone). It doesn't feel nearly as heavy as most foundations I've used, and leaves my skin looking matte and perfect. It seems to control oil very well, and has salicylic acid in it, which is a plus for my acne prone skin. As long as this makeup keeps working as well as it seems to be, it's my new favorite foundation!
UPDATE: This is still a good foundation, but i think it can look a bit heavy. Im always on the lookout for even better foundations, so
I no longer use this regularly.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupsweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this foundation! I have super acne prone skin, but wasnt really looking for something to clear up acne, just something that wont give me acne! This is great! I have Salicylic Acid in a couple of my acne treatments, and it has worked very well for me! I have been using this foundation for a couple weeks now, and so far NO BREAKOUTS!!!! I have pretty dry skin, so I was worried this might dry me out, but it actually is a little bit dewey. I love the packaging. I just love pumps. Period. I wish every product would have a pump. This is probablly light/medium-medium/full? I havent tried "building" it yet, but I dont think that would be a problem. In love <3 Would for sure recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sugarcheri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I switched to this foundation because I needed something to control my breakouts-- this really does the trick! I usually use the lightest shades of foundation, but I found "buff" was better than the ivory for me. It wasn't too pink (as pale foundations often are) and is a great match to my skintone. My only caveat is that it can be a bit flaky and doesn't have any spf, but I find it helps if I apply it right after my sunscreen. I really like the new pump! All-in-all, I can definitely recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My mom and I bought this on sale and liked it. It's the only makeup I own that's close to my skin tone and looks natural. I'm very pale but when I do swatches on my wrist and go outside this one tends to be the least visible out of all of my drugstore foundations. I think this controls oil, I'm dry but my forehead can get a little shiny and this takes care of it without powder. I apply it really lightly, like a dollop on your index finger, warm it up in my hands, and then pat it on. I like that it's a little dewy and I don't look like I'm wearing a mask. I don't think it hurts my skin but I'm not sure it really helps it. This is my second time buying this product, I've tried everything from the drugstore and this is my favorite.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is just okay. The lightest shade is slightly too dark and yellow for me, but I use less than a pump, so it doesn't matter that much. Likes: Like I said, this has a pump, which I really like. It helps me control the amount I want to use. Also, my skin is pretty oily and this is decent at keeping the oilies at bay. I like that it has salicylic acid. Dislikes: It doesn't really seem to affect my acne one way or the other. Like I said earlier, it's not the best color match. Also, it doesn't make my skin look particularly smooth. Overall, it's an okay product for a pretty good price.