April 17, 2014 | 1427 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i am really puzzled by the fact that this is supposed to be for sensitive skin. like many of the other reviewers have stated, Celestial is very heavy and somewhat greasy, definitely the kind of product that you only need a very tiny amount of. it takes quite a while to sink in and even after it does, you're left with very shiny and dewy skin. i had very high hopes for this moisturizer, which i planned to use at night, but unfortunately it caused my very non-acne prone skin to break out. this is very unusual because almost NOTHING makes me break out. since my skin is somewhat sensitive, some products can give me a red, rash-like reaction, but Celestial actually seems to clog my pores and create acne on my non-acne prone skin. i've tried it about 3 separate times to make sure that it was the culprit and not just a coincidence, and every time the same happens. the good thing about Celestial is that it's extremely moisturizing, and maybe it could work well for someone with very dry skin who wasn't sensitive to whatever ingredient it contains that causes issues, but for me it doesn't work. if you are at all acne-prone i would avoid this like the plague, and for anyone else, definitely get a sample first.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have insanely sensitive skin. When it flares up it gets red, burns, itches, and sometimes I even get rash-like break outs.
It is hard to find a moisturizer that doesn't burn or irritate my skin, practically everything does.
I thought Celestial would be a good choice, even more so since it has "natural" ingredients.
It feels nice and light on contact, and has a faint scent that is somewhat like artificial vanilla.
I've been using it for one week, and the condition of my skin has definitely deteriorated. I think the cocoa butter is clogging my pores, because I have started to break out since I started it. There is also something in it irritating my skin, every morning I wake up and my face is red and agitated. My skin is not at all happy with this, so I am not using it anymore. I highly recommend trying this before you buy it!
Ingredients:
Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's alright. It's in a tub so I have to poke my finger in it every time lolz, I don't know how clean that is, but that's alright I guess.

I've been using this for a month now, I see a small tad of improvement but it seems like a every day moisturizer for me :)

I would continue to buy it or look for a better product in LUSH :) But I like chucking this in my bag for those on-the-go runs :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 7:56:00 AM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

smells heavenly from the vanilla water. This is great for more sensitive, oily or combo skin. Still too heavy for me unfortanley as I did love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by foxred

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have acne-prone and reactive, but not especially oily, skin. This is a fairly rich moisturizer that I like to use in the winter and/or when I am using other products that make my skin dry, flakey, and sensitive. For me, it's soothing and gentle, moisturizing, and a good complement to prescription or other exfoliants. While it doesn't make a heart-stopping dramatic difference to my skin, it keeps flakes at bay, helps to reduce redness, and doesn't make me break out.

I noticed that other people have complained that Celestial sits on their skin instead of sinking in -- I find that I get by far the best results when I take a small amount and rub the fingertips of both hands together for several seconds to warm and emulsify, then pat it gently over my face. This seems to make it much more absorption-friendly and less sticky, and there is no difficulty covering my face and neck with a pea-sized dab this way.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by pfhope

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was always a fan of lush and their bath bombs/shower jellies etc and really wanted this moisturiser to work. I went to the lush store and was given advice regarding my sensitive skin by a lovely SA and was informed that Celestial would be a good option for my skin.
On the first evening after washing my skin I opened the jar and the scent reminded me of vanilla with an unrecognisable artificial scent (this was previously masked by all the aromas in the store & I later found out that this artificial scent was due to the paraben preservative - so much for all natural). I found the cream to be rather heavy and although I used it sparingly as stated to me by the SA my skin was left very shiny, oily and felt dirty. After a couple of weeks of use the condition of my skin deteriorated and I was left with dry cracked peeling (not pretty) skin with large red bumps. Needless to say the pot went to be re-cycled and the cream thrown away as I would not inflict this product on my worst enemy. I do not know if my experience was due to a bad batch but I can state with certainty that due to this experience I would never use any Lush facial skincare products ever again.

Since I changed moisturisers my skins condition has significantly improved and I will always remember to check the label as opposed to blindly believing what a well meaning SA tells me. I still love their bath bombs and soaps but as I stated earlier I wouldn't touch their face care products with a 50ft barge pole.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would love to love this, but I just can't say I do. I am SO MUCH oF A VANILLA person, but this is not vanilla! This smells like some sort of putty or clay I used to play when I was little...Then it was very greasy, yes it is. I like creams that are a bit greasy, since I find that way it keeps my face clear, if my face is too dry I get breakouts and dry patches everywhere. But even then, after a night of sleep, my face was SO SHINY, my nose area was ridiculous! Wearing it daytime was pretty bad too, after a while my face gets all shiny. I would say this would be much better for people living in dry cold areas. I live in Vancouver BC, the winters are not that cold and humidity is high.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by silverlilly

I'm glad I didn't shell out for this. I was given a small sample by the LUSH SA, and find it to be very oily - even my dry cheeks. I might work at night, but a good quality oil would likely do the trick. The scent, which is supposed to be vanilla, was off - as if the product had expired, so maybe it had been on the shelf too long. I wouldn't purchase this now that I've tried the sample a couple of times.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by lost25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's smells pretty good, I'll give it that, but it's so freaking greasy. I used it once and never again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG cream was sold out but i needed something urgently so bought this one. nice sweet scent, sinking quickly into my skin, but because there is no spf in for me it is a night cream. i would recommend it to everyone who has sensitive skin. probably will buy again