LUSH Celestial

3.8

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this cream for the last 2 weeks and it's the first moisturizer I bought from LUSH. It is definitely kinda heavy and extremely moisturaizing, which you would expect not to go very nicely with my oily skin, however, if you use very little amounts, it just works perfect. I just slightly rub my finger in the tub and apply and I build it up from there. It provides great moisture and so far my skin did not break out. Plus a little goes a long way, therefore I do not find this product expensive at all.
It smells vanilla-ish, very very nicely. My boyfriend hates creams, he has never used any on his face because he finds them all "sticky evils", but he felt for this one, mainly because of it's yummy smell. :)
If by the time I finish using this tub I'm getting the same results, I believe I will buy it again.

Where to begin...

I have combination skin... real combination skin. My forehead is an oil slick, while my chin is extremely rough and dry. It is so hard trying to find a moisturizer that keeps both in balance (plus, my skin is uber sensitive, especially now during the winter...). So, I asked the saleswoman at Lush if I could try a sample of celestial. I had used imperalis and vanishing cream in the past, with no significant results.
First off, it smells like heaven. Its vanilla, but not so up in your face you need to step back. It moisturizers the dry areas soo nicely, and doesn't leave the forehead like an oil slick. It makes my cheeks feel like silk
I take off a lippie only because 1. it has no spf (but your not going to find that at a 100% organic store anyways, so thats my fault) and 2. I haven't been using it long enough to see the real long term effects.

But, my sample is almost gone... need to get bigger pot of it...

on 1/8/2010 5:13:00 PM

This is by far my favorite moisturizer-my skin feels amazingly soft and moisturized after I use it, and it manages to keep peeling skin at bay during the harsh Canadian winters, which is no mean feat. Also, smells very nicely. It's not cheap, around 20 dollars, but lasts a very long time, especially if used with a toner.

on 12/29/2009 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Let me start off by saying I have dry, sensitive skin that is easily irritated by chemical sunscreens among many other things. I hear people say that Olay, Cetaphil, and other drugstore brands are great basic moisturizers but I do not agree with this at all. A majority of them are filled with cheap ingredients and fragrances that actually dry out your skin. To me, celestial is the perfect moisturizer. It contains calming and soothing ingredients. It does not have synthetic fragrances added, however, has an amazing vanilla scent. Its ingredients list is small and you can pronounce all of the names (if you're looking for a "basic" moisturizer, then that is what you should look for!). It makes my skin feel soft and youthful. The product sinks into your skin nicely. I've read some comments about this moisturizer being too rich for oily skin -- a sales associate informed me that their Cosmetic Lad moisturizer is a lighter option. I cannot say enough good things about this product and I believe it is worth the money.

on 12/26/2009 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really really like this product. I'm a huge LUSH fan but never went beyond the bath/shower products. I picked this up on a whim because with my pregnancy my current moisturizer is making my face break out horribly and it would make me feel dirty after putting it on.

This is a very lightweight moisturizer and if I don't wash my face the night before (by accident I swear!) in the shower the next day my face doesn't feel gross it actually feels really clean. My skin hasn't had any new breakouts since using it and even though it's winter and normally I require a heavy moisturizer during the winter it's just enough for me.

My only gripe is the packaging. I hate dipping my fingers in the pot, gross. I wish it came in a pump or squeeze bottle package. I suppose I can always change it over to one.

The price is decent. $22ish for a pot which will last me quite a long time. I will be buying this again as long as my skin still agrees post pregnancy!

on 11/17/2009 2:01:00 PM

i have oilly skin that gets dry in the winter and gave this a try- it is a little too heavy for me, but doable as long as you do not add too much. the scent is light and pleasant. i might return this for imperialis, but i also might keep this for overnight use and spot treatment for where my skin is really dry, since it does moisturize really well. i have only been using it for a few days and already my skin is glowing and much brighter and softer. maybe i can get used to feeling of the oils on my face. i will be sure to update after i give it a few more days or so..waiting to see if this will break me out..hopefully not. i can't justify giving this a bad rating since it seems like a great moisturizer, just not perfect for me. the only con is that i wish it were cheaper, but it is amongst the cheapest ones available at lush. the tub style is not the best since things can get in there, but i read that someone suggested using a small cheese spreader for it, which is a good idea.
update: i use this at night only, as it is too moisturzing for my face, but during the night it works wonders. i LOVE the smell of this!

on 11/12/2009 6:24:00 PM

I have tried just about every facial moisturizer on the market and I am so happy to have finally found Celestial. My skin is very sensitive and I get dry patches and redness. I use Celestial after a spritzing of Eau Roma water, I only need a small dab and it blends in beautifully but stays on my skin enough to keep it moist. Heavy enough for a night cream, perfect for day if your skin is on the dryer side like mine. Will definitely purchase again and again.

My holy grail of moisturizers. I have dry sensitive skin and I need a soothing moisturizer that wont break me out. This is perfect for that. It's a brilliant night cream and I use it as a day cream when the weather is colder. I've heard some people using this as a leave-on mask to hydrate their skin.

on 10/19/2009 8:53:00 PM

I really think this product doesn't do anything your basic drugstore moisturizer doesn't do. If your into natural ingredients, this is for you. It goes moisturize but it is easy to over apply this cream. Smells milky, which at first was unattractive. It doesn't sink into my skin well. It sits on top. But as with any Lush product you will get used to the scent within a week.

on 10/13/2009 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using Celestial in rotation with a couple of other face creams for over three years. I have eczema and very sensitive skin on my face, and I find that celestial is one of the only moisturisers that I can use without the skin on my face becoming blotchy and sore.

I really like the scent, it's a smooth, light vanilla-milk fragrance and is quite delicious, a world away from the wholesome lavender and chamomile scents of many natural creams for sensitive skin. It's also far more pleasant than the scent of many "high end" creams.

Celestial is also very good value, being one of Lush's cheaper creams. A pot lasts for absolutely ages. All in all, I will continue to use Celestial, and Lush had better not discontinue it!