July 29, 2014 | 1890 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by channingtatum

Since I decided to try all-natural ingredients for my skin care, I bought this one along with the AoBS and Ultra Bland. And I love this moisturizer. It's lightweight and my skin absorbs it quickly. It is moisturizing but not oily and it has such a nice scent. I store it in the fridge and it is super refreshing to apply on my face especially since it's summer. Definite buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by adidav9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up along with Angels on Bare Skin cleanser after a SA applied both to my hand (they are so persistent!). I didn't really like the way AoBS smelled, and I loved the faint vanilla scent of Celestial, so I figured the two would compliment and balance each other in my skin routine.

My main gripe about my skin is that it looks very dull. It just fails to retain moisture. Celestial is the first moisturizer that has given me that dewy, super moist-skin look that I've been wanting for years. A little bit goes a long way - I usually take about a pea-sized portion and dab some along all the areas of my face before gently smoothing it out on my fingers. I can see how it would be too heavy for oily-skinned girls, especially in the summer, but for me it's perfect.

At around $20 for a small tub it is rather pricey, considering it has a shelf life of about 3 months. However, most moisturizers run at $14-$20 anyway, even drugstore brands, so it's not an outrageous price by any stretch of the imagination. Although I love this product, I would highly recommend asking for a sample first, as it is a heavy moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is too heavy for me to use most days, but i love it as a nighttime moisturizer. i use fresh farmacy at night which is too drying for my imperialis moisturizer.

i do not own this currently, i only had a sample. my lush store doesn't stock celestial for some reason so i went with skin drink for a heavy moisturizer, but when i finish that i will go back to celestial. i like the texture better and it does smell delicious. i can see how people find it greasy and it does take a while to fully absorb, but i love how moisturizing it is and it doesn't make me break out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a decent size sample jar of Celestial Moisturizer from the sweethearts at my local Lush. As I explained my skin [sensitive, slightly dry right now, generally not acne-prone apart from the 3 days before my period], I wanted a daily moisturizer that would add some much needed moisturizer back into my skin. I also got a sample of Celestial along with Vanishing Cream in my Night in for 2 Skincare Package, so I've been able to use it for the past 4 days, and still have enough for the rest of the week, using 2x/day.

I should be an oil slick, given it's summer, or at least more combo, but I have been experiencing facial dryness since April of this year. I tend to also be a bit ruddy on my nose & cheeks.

Celestial is not the moisturizer for me. It hasn't clogged my pores. I haven't broken out. Any moisturizing benefits just sit on my skin and have this heavy feeling. I put it on yesterday at 3 in the afternoon; by midnight my face still had that greasy feeling. It felt like I had drenched my face in calamine lotion. It did nothing to even out skintone, but it hasn't caused an allergic reaction. Balled up under my primer & foundation.

I think this moisturizer is very average, and a dissapointment given the price. The smell isn't overpowering - kinda reminded me of a watered-down Nivea cream with baby oil or something. I hate that I have to dip my hand in the jar as well. The only sensitive skin people I could reccomend it to are those who are practically flaking due to dryness - this is just way too heavy for my slightly dry skin.

ETA: I used Celestial for the past two weeks straight at night, for a more intensive, night-time moisturizer. This did quite a nice job of moisturizing, and left my skin dewey and plump in the morning. However, this broke me out. Everyday, I'd wake up with one new, small whitehead - and I'm not very acne-prone. At first, I chalked it up to PMS, stress, etc. but as soon as I switched back to my regular night cream (Nivea Intensive Night Cream for Dry/Sensitive Skin), the breakouts stopped. Shame, as this did a really great job of moisturizing, but I'm not willing to put up with constant breakouts. I've learned my lesson; staying away, will not rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by gigiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My one and only Lush purchase! This moisturizer smells so yummy and I love the name but I think it is too moisturizing for my oily acne-prone skin. While it worked very well at smoothing out flaky skin from retin-a and plumped up my skin, it made me look very greasy by noon. However, it did not break me out. I think this could be lovely for normal-skin girls!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Veeverma

I love this stuff. I've recently returned to Lush asfter a long absence - previously i've been disappointed by the shoddy packaging and general 'nuisance factor' of using their products, however the entire range has undergone a facelift - the old flimsy tubs have been replaced with more sturdy screwtops and so i was drawn back in.
I've used Celestial previously - and found it a touch too heavy for summer - but it's now 4 years later and my skin is lightly more dry, so this time i found it absolutely perfect.
I really, really like the smell (subtle vanilla) and the ingredients (vanilla water, almond milk, cocoa butter and fresh dove orchid extract) are all really soothing, and have calmed down and completely gotten rid of all my dry / flaky patches.
I use Celestial after cleansing (i use Lush's Angels on Bare Skin) and no longer have any little bumps / blackheads.
I would recommend if you have slightly dry skin. I will definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Lille_Kra

I have very sensitive skin, and was sure I'd get a reaction of sorts from using this, with the cocoa butter and other nice-smelling stuff. And I DO love the smell of it. Just a hint of yummy vanilla:) Anyway, this didn't even cause a tingle. If anything it might've improved my skin.
I might be imagining it, but even part of the red blotches on my cheeks that no make-up can hide have gone down since I started using LUSH.
I've gone through a pot, and I'm almost sorry it's spring meaning this stuff'll be far to heavy. And it might feel greasy and make you look oily some days, but so did every other moisturizer I've tried too. Including the ones I tried from MD Formulations and Decleor.
I like the packaging. A plain, black pot. Clean and simple, and easy to stack (and pack).
Will definetely repurchase come fall

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by LushLover03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have only started using LUSH but i do love their products! I love that they are organic and vegan although the oily products that i have tried dont seem to smell too good, some smell amazing though but as long as they do the trick i'm fine with it because they smell goes quickly! Anyways about this product.. i would say the price is pretty good as its organic and i think its a fair price, But i only use this as a NIGHT cream as it seems to make my face a bit glossy and a tad greasy feeling but thats only when i wake up in the morning. I got recommended it as a night cream and i would say im very pleased with it, i really love the vanilla smell. And when i do wake in the morning my skin is really soft and moisturized and ready to be cleansed. (i use vanishing cream as my day cream abd i personally wouldnt use this as a day cream because its too glossy but it doesnt permantly make me like that or make me oily)
Overall i would say this is a good product and i would buy it again x
thanks lush!! :))
UPDATE: at the moment i think this may be clogging my pores up and making my face a bit oily :( i will update more and still continue to use it, not sure what it exactly is making my skin like this yet but again it might be this

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i am really puzzled by the fact that this is supposed to be for sensitive skin. like many of the other reviewers have stated, Celestial is very heavy and somewhat greasy, definitely the kind of product that you only need a very tiny amount of. it takes quite a while to sink in and even after it does, you're left with very shiny and dewy skin. i had very high hopes for this moisturizer, which i planned to use at night, but unfortunately it caused my very non-acne prone skin to break out. this is very unusual because almost NOTHING makes me break out. since my skin is somewhat sensitive, some products can give me a red, rash-like reaction, but Celestial actually seems to clog my pores and create acne on my non-acne prone skin. i've tried it about 3 separate times to make sure that it was the culprit and not just a coincidence, and every time the same happens. the good thing about Celestial is that it's extremely moisturizing, and maybe it could work well for someone with very dry skin who wasn't sensitive to whatever ingredient it contains that causes issues, but for me it doesn't work. if you are at all acne-prone i would avoid this like the plague, and for anyone else, definitely get a sample first.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have insanely sensitive skin. When it flares up it gets red, burns, itches, and sometimes I even get rash-like break outs.
It is hard to find a moisturizer that doesn't burn or irritate my skin, practically everything does.
I thought Celestial would be a good choice, even more so since it has "natural" ingredients.
It feels nice and light on contact, and has a faint scent that is somewhat like artificial vanilla.
I've been using it for one week, and the condition of my skin has definitely deteriorated. I think the cocoa butter is clogging my pores, because I have started to break out since I started it. There is also something in it irritating my skin, every morning I wake up and my face is red and agitated. My skin is not at all happy with this, so I am not using it anymore. I highly recommend trying this before you buy it!
Ingredients:
Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No