April 16, 2014 | 1417 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Skinflash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2005 12:37:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I purchased this several months ago, so I'm not sure why I never reviewed it. This is probably one of my favorite concealers. I got in the #002. (For reference, I am a MAC NC25.) I dot this on under the eyes and in the inner corners of the eye, and it really hides the shadows and makes me look more awake. Sometimes, when I have heavy circles, I do need to use a thicker concealer underneath, and then I just dot this on top to finish. This stuff is A LOT better than YSL's Touche Eclat, which make me look like I had some calamine lotion under my eyes.
Despite the pricetag, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2005 3:41:00 PM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After years of buying Yves St. Laurents touche eclat- and having to put up with it's diconcerting smell- I've finally found a concealer which is extremely light, but also extremely effective. It conceals and covers and brightens eyes up without causing lines, or to crack. I'm very happy with it and have bought it 4 times already.
The colour I have is 002. (And I have dry skin, and fairly olive- but with blue eyes and blonde hair) So, i prefer light shades as I like to go for the smoky eyes look and like a concealer to be bright.
EDIT: I do not use this anymore. HG Bobbi Brown Corrector.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2005 7:03:00 PM More reviews by dior_duchess

This "radiance booster" retails for $33, which is considerably more costly than any concealer I've purchased. It comes in click-pen format, which can get on my last nerve on occasion but hasn't bothered me yet. The purpose of concealer, from what I know, is to erase blemishes and darkness around the eyes. As simple as that sounds, few concealers I have tried even come close to effective. Skinflash, however, makes a resounding effort and truly does "illuminate" about as much as any product could. Does the quality justify the cost? Let it just be said that trying this before buying it might be a telling venture. I happened to be fortunate enough to find a shade that matched my skintone and blended to perfection, and I'd advise any prospective buyers to do the same before forking out so much money on something that might be a huge mistake. I gave this a 4 rating because 1.) I believe the packaging will become troublesome and 2.) I'm not sure, based on the design, if you are given enough product for $33.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2005 11:07:00 AM More reviews by nano1976

Holy cow...I just tried putting on my SKINFLASH and nothing came out. Guess what? It's empty after 3 weeks of use! This stuff is good, but not THAT good. And the price? Way too expensive unless you're using it only periodically. Any suggestions for a similar, cheaper, longer lasting product????

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2005 5:36:00 AM More reviews by liris_eliana

Been suffering from dark circles for ages..tried on lots of branded eye creams and the more generic branded concealers..not much luck in lightening the circles until I tried CD Skinflash. Am of warm Asian skin tone and thought that shade #001 would be too light for me, but turns out to be a lovely match that made my eye area look more 'lighted up'.

Been receiving compliments on how my face glows these days:). Good texture, doesn't cause any problems with milia (I have a few but no new ones appeared after using this) and definitely shows a difference. But be careful to not turn the dial too much as you may waste the content. Just half a turn would do. And don't forget to blend well. Can also be used to highlight the upper part of the eye brows, cheeks and sides of nose to give more contours. Another winner from Dior!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2005 10:31:00 PM More reviews by biomechmonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm on my second tube of this stuff (001). I was considering YSL Touche Eclat but MUA reviews steered me towards Dior's Skinflash instead....so in April I first purchased this and by June it was gone. Lesson learned: less is more! So I bought tube no. 2 and now I'm more conservative with it.

It hides my undereye circles wonderfully but it does contain silica and dries my undereye area out just a tad (you can see fine lines). So I try to avoid using this under my eyes unless I really need it. However, it is WONDERFUL for covering up the broken capillaries around my nose...something I have lived with since I was a preteen and have always hated, hated, hated. Foundation plus the Skinflash (or just the Skinflash alone!) completely hides this flaw. I apply a small amount around my nose and carefully blend with my fingertip. I have found that using the Skinflash's brush PLUS a fingertip to blend works best for me.

Some say it isn't good at covering up spots. It can be....what I do is layer on a small bit, then another layer, then a thin layer of powder, then if needed, another thin layer of the Skinflash. Unless the spot is glaringly red or large, it should be concealed well.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2005 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Ansje

I like this better than YSL's where I can't get a colour match. I'm and NC20, and take #2 in Skinflash. I just think it's ridiculously expensive for the tiny amount of product you get.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2005 11:12:00 AM More reviews by carol_81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

why does this not work on my? i bought it because it gets good reviews but the coverage on me equals zero. and my circles are not too dark. i shook the tube but it didn't get better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was eager to try this concealer as I'm slowly getting tired of the matte finish of my Kanebo concealer. So I got this one in #3, which looked good in the shop, but which turned out to be too peachy. I would prefer something more yellow-toned, but #2 was too light...Same dillemma again. Well, after a week's use I ended up returning it. I didn't like the brush; too much product comes out in one go. No wonder people say it's not very economical in use. In addition, and my major complaint-the texture. Very silicone-y, didn't blend in well, and didn't match well with eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2005 3:48:00 PM More reviews by HolyMama

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

very good for dark sircles under the eyes, not so good on spots, as it's a highlighter-pen as well as a concealer!