Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 1/19/2009 1:04:00 AM

Yep, they're greasy little beasts, but they really do get EVERYTHING off. I don't use them all the time, but they are a must for me with heavy eye makeup and waterproof mascara because I don't have to rub so much, and I hate to lose lashes due to rubbing. That's why the oiliness is good. I haven't had any skin reactions to these, they've worked for me really well. The only thing is they do blur my vision because they are so oily, but I usually just go to sleep right after anyway so it's not too big of a deal. I have bought these a few times. Not HG by any means, but they get it all off, so I'm satisfied until I find something better.

on 1/18/2009 7:58:00 PM

Upon seeing the "#1 eye makeup remover" claim, I grabbed a pot and expected great things.

This stuff was SO oily that it got in my eyes (couldn't control where it ended up), and that stung and was hard to wash out. Not only that, but my whole eye area remained oily until I washed my face completely for the night.
Even if this formula wasn't so oily, the little pads (and they are quite little) stick together and are not easy to pry apart, either.

All-around unpleasant experience. Not recommended.

on 12/15/2008 8:51:00 PM

Too oilly for me. They removed make up really well and quickly but I hated the greasy feel. Next morning I had pimples underneath my eyes from it. Never again.

on 12/12/2008 8:15:00 AM

I accidently grabbed this package instead of the oil free almay eye makeup pads which I have used for a couple of years, I was in a rush. Didnt notice until I was in the car. Figured that they couldnt be SO different. wrong! These are the greasiest things ever, and I wear contacts and they make the contacts all oily and blur my eyesight. Horrible. I suppose if you take your makeup off before a shower and then wash your face they would be ok, but I usually wash my face in the shower, and then any residual eye makeup would come off with the oil free pads. Also I tend to use the almay OIL FREE pads as erasers when Im DOING my eye makeup, like if I stretch the eyeliner out too far or something, I would just use a pad and clear it up, but you could never do that with these, they are so oily. yuck. I will buy the OIL FREE almay pads forever but these are horrible....and I havent written a review in 3 years, Im so lazy....that should tell you how strongly I feel about this product!

on 11/30/2008 9:15:00 PM

This removed makeup well but were SOOOOOO oily!!!!!!! If I used them with my contacts they made my vision all blurry. Running them under the tap for a few seconds helped a bit, but there are so many better product out there that Im giving up on these.

on 11/20/2008 11:22:00 AM

These are amazing!!! I have fought and fought over the years to find something that would remove not only water-proof mascara, but also get all of the eyeliner off my bottom eyelid. These little pads literally melt away eye makeup! I use to chafe my eyes trying tp scrub my makeup off with different towelettes and soaps, only to still have eyeliner under my eyes! Not anymore =D highly highly recommended! Just be sure to wash your face as you regularly would afterward, or the remover will stay behind.

on 11/18/2008 10:33:00 PM

This does a great job of removing my mascara, although I don't use a lot of eye makeup, so your mileage may vary. It doesn't make my eyes sting and doesn't give me milia so far. I don't notice a residue with these, but I have a very dry eye area, so I like the additional moisture.

on 11/15/2008 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased a double pack of these years ago. I kept one jar and gave the other one to my daughter. I still have some left because I only use them when I'm out of town or on vacation. They are much too oily and messy for my liking. I'd rather use a moist cosmetic round with some jojoba, grape seed, or sweet almond oil on it to remove my waterproof mascara.

on 11/11/2008 10:42:00 AM

Love these pads. They are greasy, yes, but they remove EVERYTHING. the trick, for me, is to blot my eye area after I use these pads to remove the excess oil. Despite the oiliness of the pads, they haven't caused any breakouts or milia on my breakout prone skin. These pads even removed Max Factor Volume Couture mascara, which I had given up on wearing bc it's so hard to remove.EDIT: While I still like these, I prefer Crisco now. Oh, and note to everyone: Please remove your contacts BEFORE applying eye makeup remover. It just makes good sense and your eye doctor will thank you:)

on 10/31/2008 10:24:00 AM

These pads are HORRIBLE - and I'm not generally one to complain, but these were just bad. They do nothing but smear the makeup around on my eyes. I usually use four of them for each eye and I still have to end up scrubbing underneath my eye with a wash cloth or towel. Ugh! What a waste of money!