November 22, 2014 | 2069 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by MonFleur

Upon seeing the "#1 eye makeup remover" claim, I grabbed a pot and expected great things.

This stuff was SO oily that it got in my eyes (couldn't control where it ended up), and that stung and was hard to wash out. Not only that, but my whole eye area remained oily until I washed my face completely for the night.
Even if this formula wasn't so oily, the little pads (and they are quite little) stick together and are not easy to pry apart, either.

All-around unpleasant experience. Not recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Klaudia9904

Too oilly for me. They removed make up really well and quickly but I hated the greasy feel. Next morning I had pimples underneath my eyes from it. Never again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2008 8:15:00 AM More reviews by dakaptn

I accidently grabbed this package instead of the oil free almay eye makeup pads which I have used for a couple of years, I was in a rush. Didnt notice until I was in the car. Figured that they couldnt be SO different. wrong! These are the greasiest things ever, and I wear contacts and they make the contacts all oily and blur my eyesight. Horrible. I suppose if you take your makeup off before a shower and then wash your face they would be ok, but I usually wash my face in the shower, and then any residual eye makeup would come off with the oil free pads. Also I tend to use the almay OIL FREE pads as erasers when Im DOING my eye makeup, like if I stretch the eyeliner out too far or something, I would just use a pad and clear it up, but you could never do that with these, they are so oily. yuck. I will buy the OIL FREE almay pads forever but these are horrible....and I havent written a review in 3 years, Im so lazy....that should tell you how strongly I feel about this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Hazeljade123

This removed makeup well but were SOOOOOO oily!!!!!!! If I used them with my contacts they made my vision all blurry. Running them under the tap for a few seconds helped a bit, but there are so many better product out there that Im giving up on these.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by rennie92907

These are amazing!!! I have fought and fought over the years to find something that would remove not only water-proof mascara, but also get all of the eyeliner off my bottom eyelid. These little pads literally melt away eye makeup! I use to chafe my eyes trying tp scrub my makeup off with different towelettes and soaps, only to still have eyeliner under my eyes! Not anymore =D highly highly recommended! Just be sure to wash your face as you regularly would afterward, or the remover will stay behind.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

This does a great job of removing my mascara, although I don't use a lot of eye makeup, so your mileage may vary. It doesn't make my eyes sting and doesn't give me milia so far. I don't notice a residue with these, but I have a very dry eye area, so I like the additional moisture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I purchased a double pack of these years ago. I kept one jar and gave the other one to my daughter. I still have some left because I only use them when I'm out of town or on vacation. They are much too oily and messy for my liking. I'd rather use a moist cosmetic round with some jojoba, grape seed, or sweet almond oil on it to remove my waterproof mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by emarlene

Love these pads. They are greasy, yes, but they remove EVERYTHING. the trick, for me, is to blot my eye area after I use these pads to remove the excess oil. Despite the oiliness of the pads, they haven't caused any breakouts or milia on my breakout prone skin. These pads even removed Max Factor Volume Couture mascara, which I had given up on wearing bc it's so hard to remove.EDIT: While I still like these, I prefer Crisco now. Oh, and note to everyone: Please remove your contacts BEFORE applying eye makeup remover. It just makes good sense and your eye doctor will thank you:)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by rita_jane

These pads are HORRIBLE - and I'm not generally one to complain, but these were just bad. They do nothing but smear the makeup around on my eyes. I usually use four of them for each eye and I still have to end up scrubbing underneath my eye with a wash cloth or towel. Ugh! What a waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFashionista

Ok, so I first heard about this from a couple of friends and decided to try it once I saw that it was ranked #1 by Allure magazine. I think the pads are nice size and 80 pads is nice also. It is a bit oily, but it doesn't cause me any problems, but my only gripe with it is that it doesn't take off my mascara or liquid eyeliner that easy, I kind of have to rub it more than I would like (and no I don't use waterproof). But other than that, it is a decent product