L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 12/2/2014 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try this foundation but was sadly disappointed with it.

PRO'S:

- Good colour range, divided into warm tones, cool tones and neutral tones, so it's easy to find the right colour for your skin

-Very blendable into the skin- quite a smooth result with no patches

MASSIVE CON:

- The makeup wear off and patches off very quickly!!! After 2-3 hours, the foundation had worn off in many patches, making me look like I had splotches all over my face. I have tried both setting it with a powder and not setting it with a powder, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I have dry skin, so I can't blame it wearing off on excess oil production during the day. I've heard some good reviews about this product, but it really hasn't worked for me. While I love the blendability of it, the coverage and the colour range, I am completely unable to wear this makeup because it patches off so quickly.

on 12/1/2014 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My recommended shade was W4. I purchased shade W3 this time around because my skin was lightening due to winter. I'm not sure if it was a bad batch, but this foundation was pure 100% ORANGE. It didn't even look like Snooki-esque orange, it looked like I dipped my makeup brush in a can of orange paint and put it on my face. Like traffic cone orange. I can't even imagine the nightmare of orange if I'd gone with my recommended W4.

I'm not pale, so I'm not sure how this managed to be not only so dark but so purely wrong, especially when it's the 3rd lightest color in the range.

Is skin that color even natural on a human?

on 11/29/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I had a version with a pump so it was easy to use however I used it few times only and then gave it away. The product is runny and blendable BUT it stays on up to 1h. I have combination skin, oily T Zone and dru U-zone. I always apply foundation on U only because of my pink cheeks. This stuff didn't want to stay there. It's like it does not set! I tried with primers with no primers,, with powder on top. It worked only when I put it alone. I always use moisturizer so this way the product is useless for me. The pros are price and shade range (I had W1) because are in warm and cool tones. I usually use MAC studio fix (NC15) and its my HG. Just after studio fix is Revlon Colorstay. L'oreal true match is a BIG NO from me.

on 11/29/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Okay, I am going to start this review off by saying this is the best drugstore foundation I have ever used. It's amazing, after using it I don't think I can really go back to anything else; I'm so in love. I think I may even prefer this to my MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation, it has a slightly lighter coverage (although the coverage of this foundation is very good) and is a much cheaper dupe!
I mostly use the shade C1 Rose Ivory (European match), however I have used N1 Ivory in the past, and both shades are perfect for my fair skin. The name "True Match" is so perfect for me, I think C1 is the best match I've ever had! I have dry and very sensitive skin, and I do not find this drying at all, nor does this make my skin react at all which is great. It lasts all day for me, and I don't need to reapply, however if I was going out in the evening again I would reapply it.
I always use this foundation with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder in the Transparent Shade 001 just to keep things matte and in place, however the formula isn't so shiny that you couldn't wear it without a powder, but it's just personal preference. I then usually will apply my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer over problematic areas. With these three I get a perfect looking skin, and I'd have to say most of it is due to the incredible texture and coverage of the foundation.
I find this foundation is super blendable, you can work with a light coverage with just half a pump, or a more full coverage with 1-2 pumps. It always blends right into my skin tone, and I usually apply it with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, however it is possible to use a Beauty Blender or your fingers as well.
Overall, this product is absolutely amazing. I'd definitely recommend it to someone with dry-normal skin, and definitely advise you to test the colours first as they have such a wide range to look through. My favourite foundation that I'm yet to try.

on 11/26/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

i wouldn't buy this again, but this product wasn't so bad. it oxidized horribly after a mere hour, but if i'm just going up the street or something i can slap this stuff on. for me, it works better with a primer or something beforehand and a setting powder after. it gets really greasy really quickly without a setting powder. for skin like mine (sensitive combination - really oily in the t-zone) it's frustrating. fortunately, i had no reaction to this product. it also offers really decent coverage. i think this product might be suited more for people with drier skin.

on 11/22/2014 11:19:00 PM

Beautiful and natural looking are the best two words to describe this foundation. The pigmentation is wonderful I have Rosacea and it covers all my redness. Also a little bit defiantly goes a long way.. However, it can oxidize and later give an orange tint, (These are jsut personal experiences of mine and with certain brushes it can get a little cakey. I found that it works best with just using your fingers. This is for right now my favorite drugstore foundation.

on 11/20/2014 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I am a foundation junkie. I am always looking for the next best thing, because I am never really completely satisfied with all of the foundations I've tried. Estee Lauder DoubleWear is my favorite because I desire a long-wearing foundation that evens my skintone and it does that. Still, I keep looking. Anyway, L'Oreal makes a lot of claims about this product, the main ones being: you WILL find your match and you will be flawless (those are my words, although they basically state it another way). With 33 or so shades to choose from, spread across 3 different skin undertones, one would think that there would be no way that you don't find a match. Yet and still, when watching various YouTube reviews on this foundation I came across more than one where the reviewer stated that the color closest to her complexion was still "slightly off" or, in the case of some women of color reviewers, they had to mix colors to find an acceptable shade. I personally refuse to mix anything to suit me, either it's going to work as formulated or it's a no-go. Anyway, I'm typically MAC NC44 (fall/winter/spring)/NW43 (summer) so I grabbed W7 in this. My general impression is that it's not a bad foundation at all, and I'm sure that many will find it to work really well for them. It is pretty thin, but offers light to medium buildable coverage. I tend to get dry on certain areas of my face in the colder months and I find that I have to moisturize really well before wearing this (or any) liquid foundation because those dry areas tend to be emphasized by foundation. I did not have oxidation problems, nor did it transfer onto clothing. Then again, I am wearing it in these colder months and can't yet testify to what it will do once it gets warm out. Overall, it is a decent foundation, especially for a drugstore brand.

on 11/16/2014 2:42:00 PM

I am very picking!! I tried different foundation out in the market, from drug stores to high end. I have sensitive skin n my skin reacts very quickly to a product that r going to break me out. I want a full coverage without looking Carey or fake. So using my Armani which is gorgeous but I need a everyday foundation for work because Armani is pricey... I used Mac studio finish liquid it broke me out n I hated it. I went to try loreal tru match in w6!! WTH is the hype about!!! I couldn't stand it!!! I rather stick to my Covergirl 3-1.. Way better in my opinion. I gave Mac studio fluid another try in nyc 30. OMG IM IN LOVE!!! Full coverage but I use a beauty blender, what a beautiful coverage. This is now by holy grail...

on 11/16/2014 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was just okay for me. It looks great at first, but I feel like after several hours it just fades off. I do use a primer and setting powder, but it just doesn't last and doesn't look right. It is also a watery texture, and I hate that it doesn't have a pump. I could see this working for some people (lots of color options!), but it just wasn't that amazing. I'm just mixing this with other foundations to use it up.

on 11/16/2014 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product. Where do I even begin.
Everything that could have gone wrong with this foundation, did for me. I have oily porous skin.
1. This foundation was straight up greasy at first application
2. It oxidized instantly and DID NOT match my yellow tone skin. As soon as it oxidized, even the yellowest shade turned pink.
3. The staying power is ridiculous in my opinion.
4. Emphasized my pores, blemished, everything!!

Overall, the worst foundation I have tried, and is not worth its price, although its not as expensive as some other products.

Video Reviews & Tutorials