July 24, 2014 | 1039 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Tam94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this product to be very drying on the skin, my skin type is normal/dry. The shade matches me really well i got W4 (MAC NC35, Fit Me 210)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by scarlett10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first drugstore foundation and dare I say, my favorite? Let's see:

Color: Wide range of colors, separated into cool, neutral, and warm tones. There are 33 shades (according to the site)! You'll most likely find your match! I'm about an NC32 and have this in W4 which is just slightly too dark for me, but I can get away with it since I live in winter-doesn't-exist Southern California.

Price: I bought this at Target for about $7.60, so it's definitely one of the cheaper foundations. As usual, it's a one ounce! Seeing as it is pretty cheap for a foundation, I wouldn't mind purchasing it in another shade so I could mix it and make my perfect shade! (Which is ironic, considering it's called True Match, but I'll let it slide since I really don't have to do this!)

Packaging: Oh how I wish I lived in Europe so I could get this with a pump (among many other reasons to want to live in Europe). In the US, it just comes in a bottle and so application could be messy and also wasteful, but what I do is I just place my finger over the opening and shake it so the foundation goes on my finger and dot it on my face. It's also in a glass bottle so clumsy people beware!

Application/ Formula: This foundation is on the thinner side and has light-medium to medium coverage, depending on how much coverage you need. I have slight acne scarring and very minimal redness and it covers my redness beautifully and blurs my acne scarring, which is fine. Best part is, it looks natural! There is some shimmer in it, but I can't see it on my face. There's SPF 17 so that's nice and it looks wonderful in pictures! Since it is just a tad too dark for me, I've been mixing it with my Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer to thin it out a little bit and wow, does my skin look amazing! Completely natural while still offering me the coverage I need!

Pros:
Lasts me for 5+ hours (with a good primer)
Looks natural
Good coverage
No scent
Amazing color range
Cheap

Cons:
Very oily people need to use a good primer or powder
Clings to dry areas
No pump

Overall, amazing foundation for me! I am getting lighter so I have to purchase a new shade, but I love love this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Lauretteee

This foundation is quite runny, but applies well. It doesn't have the fullest coverage, so others like myself who have acne-prone skin would need a concealer underneath. I was able to get a shade that matched my fair skin quite well. The finish is matte, but due to the fact that I have quite large pores means that you can see them. You would probably need a powder on top of the foundation. I do like this though, and for its price is quite a good foundation. It's not the most natural looking foundation but it blends well and is easy to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Nova0407

I am so glad I bought this foundation! I only wear drugstore foundations and this is my favorite! I mix W4 and W2 to get my perfect shade. It's very watery, blends super good w/ a brush but I LOVE the finish I get when I use a beauty blender. I have light acne scars or hyper pigmentation and 1 layer evens and covers my flaws, I dab a bit more foundation on areas where I need more coverage and it covers it well without looking cakey. This foundation is very light weight on the skin and it's the only foundation I've used that doesn't feel sticky or take long to set! It sets fast and feels very smooth like satin. I don't give it a 5 star because i have oily skin and my t-zone gets oily after an hour. Other than that I really love this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by kayshannoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My holy grail foundation! The coverage is very good but I wouldn't consider it full. The packaging in the US isn't very well, as it does come in a little bottle, whilst the ones in other countries (Australia, UK, Germany, ect...) come in a pump. This foundation is my favorite drugstore foundation. It does have a makeup feel on the skin but that always depends on the applicator. when i use my flat top or stippling brush to apply it does feel quite cakey but it feels amazing on the skin with a beauty blender and my fingers. If you have oily skin you'll have to set this with a powder otherwise, you're good to go! whenever I'm in a hurry I use this foundation, mainly because I just put it on and I'm ready to go! Just to add one more detail, really let this foundation sit and absorb to the skin before you put on powder otherwise it will cause an cakey effect. You should let a foundation dry into the skin every time you apply, this foundation does take a while to set on my skin tho.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by ArtisticEyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is one of my lifesavers. I find the coverage to be great, I apply with my stippling brush then pat my hands over my face to ensure that it blends well. I love how it manages to actually even out my skin, and that the range of colors actually has a good match for me. I, as pretty much everyone else has mentioned, would rather it have a pump with how liquidy it is. It's not too much of a setback, though. Most likely will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by natalieesimpson

In Australia all makeup is redicously expensive so this retails in Priceline for about $30 which is still pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation. I know that the American version of this has no pump on the bottle but in Australia is actually does. It comes with a built in pump and it works perfectly. Yay for us!
I have really weird skin, sometimes its super oily, sometimes its normal and the worst is when its really oily in some places and has dry patches in other places but this foundation seems to hold up for a reasonable amount of time, I would say about 4 hours before I have to touch up with powder which is amazing for me. I've tried so many different foundations, high end and drugstore and this is the best one I've found so far. It's not at HG status but its the closest I've found.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by aimeeadamska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this makeup. I only recently bought it and i can easily compare it to my nars sheer glow foundation which i LOOOOOVE but I've been trying to find something cheaper and new to try/similar. i have normal to dry skin. I blend this foundation with my beauty blender and it blends amazingly!! I love how it doesn't look like makeup on your skin but it covers so freakin well i can't believe that a drugstore foundation has me this happy. I find that my sheer glow tends to hook onto dry patches even if i do wear my lancome la base primer. I would recommend this to anyone with my normal to dry skin. Oh btw I'm in the shade W1 which is the perfect shade match for me. Some of you may think I'm a nut for comparing this foundation to my mars sheer glow, but i think it does a much better job at being a natural medium coverage and for the price I think its very comparable. i can't wait to finish this bottle and repurchase, i don't have money atm to buy my usual nars but i don't even care that i can't repurchase it because this foundation is just as good or even better in my opinion. Only complaint i have is that it doesn't have a pump but thats about it, i could live without the no pump deal but it would be nice and not as messy with it. hope someone finds my review helpful! xo

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by amgreen2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was not impressed by this foundation at all. I purchased the shade C-1 which is the lightest shade in the cool range. It was very pink based. It really did nothing for my skin, provided very little coverage that did not last very long. After a few hours my skin was very oily. The bottle is also very messy, there is no pump so it is really hard to control how much product comes out which leads to waste.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by shaneeskye

It is an okay foundation, I have combo skin and it clings to my dry patches. Doesn't have the best coverage and can be tricky to blend out with a brush as it is so liquidy. Also the lightest shade is way to yellow toned for my skin and no alternative for pink undertoned skin. In Priceline it was $35 which is way too overpriced like most cosmetics in Australia.