September 1, 2014 | 1244 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this I was disappointed because it didn't work any better than my NARS loose powder. However, I noticed that when taking pictures, it makes my dark circles completely disappear. So I guess this is great if you take lots of pics and want to brighten up your eye area in photographs. Forget about real life, any good loose powder will do the same job.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by eky1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is hands down the best powder to set concealer with under the eyes.
Its so fine but it makes such a difference. It brightens and for me reduces the darkness and best of all you can't see its there! I got the brush that they use it with and it's perfect. It's expensive but you get so much product and you only need a tiny bit, one dip of the brush is enough for both eyes. I use this every day and I know it will last for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by gseymour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only one use, and I can tell this product is going to be a staple for me. It works much better for setting my concealer, as it's much less noticeable on me than the Loose Setting Powder. My only criticism is given how little of this product one needs, I would rather see it packaged in the same size as the bottom of the Undercover Pot, so I can swap out the jars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Mimiacid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a HG product for me. I use it less to conceal dark circles (it is too white for that) than to disguise fine lines and the beginnings of sagging around the eye area. It is so finely milled that it glides over fine lines and unevenness under the eyes, and mattifys them, making them much less prominent. I also use it as a light highlighter on the outer corners of my under-eye socket. A terrific product, and one I will definitely be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use LM's Brightening Powder #2 to set my concealer. I lightly brush the powder underneath my eyes stopping right before the cheekbones. Brightens up my entire face- I look refreshed and awake. Excellent product. I would repurchase regardless the price!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Refuge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this before I ended up finding the LM translucent powder. It wasn't until I started to see pictures of myself that I realized how unnatural and white the area around my eyes was looking. It was this powder! I am about an NC30 skintone, so I'm not that dark. Maybe I should have chosen #2, but in the end I decided to stop using this and switch to a basic translucent powder. Works much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this over LM Secret Concealer, just as all the SAs tell you to. It is perfect for keeping the concealer smooth and crinkle-free all day. I don't have any other use for this -- it's not exactly a luminizer, and it's too white to use anywhere else -- but I don't need another use for this. It is perfect for brightening under the eyes and setting concealer. I like the brush they sell to go with it -- just the right size for under the eye. I use this every day, even when I'm scarcely wearing any other makeup. A staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Colourpop

This powder is great for setting under-eye concealer. I use Laura Mercier secret concealer (which is great for dark circles) and then apply this using a brush. It is important to use a brush otherwise the powder may settle into fine lines too noticably. Pat the brush in light motions on the under eye area and you should look wide awake : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i use this everyday dusting it over my under eye concealer after i apply my eyeshadows for an eye brightening look. i think this can be easily subsituted for a lot of other things. im not sure if i will repurchase bc it doesnt last and kinda sorta makes a diff after my concealer. i will probably buy neutrogena's new eye concealer pot w/ the same looking eye brightening powder. almost like one that laura mercier also has.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by miskande

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this from Sephora on the recommendation of the sales lady. I was looking for a good undereye concealer since I started noticing some dark circles. I ended up buying the LM undereye concealer in 3 and this powder. This product is excellent for setting the concealer and really helps with brightening the undereye area. My concealer stays put for the whole day and never settles in my fine lines - which was my biggest concerns. I recommend this product, you get a lot of product so it will last a long time and I will definitely re-purchase. The only thing that could be better is the packaging as they could have made the holes smaller to avoid having so much product come out of the container into the sifter. Other than that, simply perfect! Will re-purchase when I run out.