July 22, 2014 | 2070 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Mimiacid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a HG product for me. I use it less to conceal dark circles (it is too white for that) than to disguise fine lines and the beginnings of sagging around the eye area. It is so finely milled that it glides over fine lines and unevenness under the eyes, and mattifys them, making them much less prominent. I also use it as a light highlighter on the outer corners of my under-eye socket. A terrific product, and one I will definitely be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use LM's Brightening Powder #2 to set my concealer. I lightly brush the powder underneath my eyes stopping right before the cheekbones. Brightens up my entire face- I look refreshed and awake. Excellent product. I would repurchase regardless the price!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Refuge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this before I ended up finding the LM translucent powder. It wasn't until I started to see pictures of myself that I realized how unnatural and white the area around my eyes was looking. It was this powder! I am about an NC30 skintone, so I'm not that dark. Maybe I should have chosen #2, but in the end I decided to stop using this and switch to a basic translucent powder. Works much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this over LM Secret Concealer, just as all the SAs tell you to. It is perfect for keeping the concealer smooth and crinkle-free all day. I don't have any other use for this -- it's not exactly a luminizer, and it's too white to use anywhere else -- but I don't need another use for this. It is perfect for brightening under the eyes and setting concealer. I like the brush they sell to go with it -- just the right size for under the eye. I use this every day, even when I'm scarcely wearing any other makeup. A staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Colourpop

This powder is great for setting under-eye concealer. I use Laura Mercier secret concealer (which is great for dark circles) and then apply this using a brush. It is important to use a brush otherwise the powder may settle into fine lines too noticably. Pat the brush in light motions on the under eye area and you should look wide awake : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i use this everyday dusting it over my under eye concealer after i apply my eyeshadows for an eye brightening look. i think this can be easily subsituted for a lot of other things. im not sure if i will repurchase bc it doesnt last and kinda sorta makes a diff after my concealer. i will probably buy neutrogena's new eye concealer pot w/ the same looking eye brightening powder. almost like one that laura mercier also has.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by miskande

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this from Sephora on the recommendation of the sales lady. I was looking for a good undereye concealer since I started noticing some dark circles. I ended up buying the LM undereye concealer in 3 and this powder. This product is excellent for setting the concealer and really helps with brightening the undereye area. My concealer stays put for the whole day and never settles in my fine lines - which was my biggest concerns. I recommend this product, you get a lot of product so it will last a long time and I will definitely re-purchase. The only thing that could be better is the packaging as they could have made the holes smaller to avoid having so much product come out of the container into the sifter. Other than that, simply perfect! Will re-purchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by AlwysNSrch

This did absolutely nothing for me. I found it to be expensive for what just seems to be a powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 2:55:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this from a swap without seeing this in real life and I was shocked when I opened the tub... I was thinking how to use a shimmery white powder? *gulp* and under the eye?

Then I tried this with my HG CdP concealer and I have a feeling that they are made to be a pair though I know this is made for LM's concealers and I can't compare as I haven't tried them. This sets the concealer really well. Smooth and flawless. No issue with settling into my line as with the other pressed powder I always use, well unless no touch-up till after-work.

Also, the powder I need for this is minimal, I need to tap off excess powder otherwise my under eye area looks shimmery.

I'm not a fan with the packaging as I hate loose powder form stuffs... I think it will be better if they can make the slits of the sifter smaller? I always get too much powder with one tap on the container on the screw top.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by seira7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh my, my, my. I never thought I'd come across something that would truly help my dark circles. Concealer helps of course, but this is HG.
I love this product! I dont know what else to say other than it is easy to apply, makes my eyes look refreshed and radiant.