September 18, 2014 | 1787 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Frost & Glow Highlighting Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Jennack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ve been coloring my hair at home for almost 3 years, this this first time that i did highlights. i bougth this product and wasnt sure about it so, las night i decide to try something new on my hair is being dark brown for a couple of moths. i put the cap on and star pulling my hair throug the circle holes but then decide to use all the holes.
For the back part of my head i need someone else help. I was thrilled with the results i have it on for about 30 mnts and it is amazing!! yu cant tell it wasnt a pro who did it, i got the right amount not too thick but well distibute it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by makeupem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very hesitant to try this product at first because I have never put any dye in my hair before. I have naturally blonde hair but it has darkened quite a bit over the past few years and I wanted it to be just a little bit lighter by adding some highlights but I was nervous they would not look natural, but I really didn't want to pay a ridiculous price in a salon so I decided to give this a try. I really really liked the results they looked very natural. I have repurchased it about 3 times since the 1st time I purchased it. I had my mom help me with it just because I think it would be a little difficult to do on your own, but its defiantly possible. It didn't stink or anything it actually smells pretty good. The only issue I have with it is every time after I use it and wash it out it is almost impossible to comb through my hair and I lose what seems like half a head of hair but after that first wash I don't lose an unusual amount of hair when I wash it/comb it. I will continue to use this product and would defiantly recommend it to others !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by cj2424

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First let me say I've never written a review on ANY product. This is my first review EVER but that is how impressed I am!! I just had to share about this great product!! :)

I used the Platinum Frost and Glow for my medium/light brown hair with blonde highlights (done at the salon for years). Lately, when I'd get my hair done, I'd been noticing my hair was turning out really brassy from the get-go, not after months like you might expect. I wanted to go lighter for the summer, and without spending a fortune at the salon.

With MUCH trepidation, I bought the Revlon Frost and Glow after reading some of the reviews on MUA. I used it last night and WOW, my hair came out awesome!!! I am no professional, and I've never done my hair at home by myself out of a box. This thing is fool-proof!!!

I pre-poked the holes in the cap as some previous reviewers suggested and that really helped. I followed all the directions thoroughly, and I pulled my hair through the cap all by myself! I took about an hour to pull all the hair I wanted through the cap. I didn't have any trouble with the hook, and I did make sure I pulled the cap as tightly as I could stand it. I put it on my roots and the back first (where my hair is darker) then added it to the rest of my hair. I left it in for about 25 minutes. Next time I'll wait a little longer so the highlights even more blonde. I started to panic when I saw my hair lightening so fast, like some previous reviewers warned about, but it was all for nothing - my highlights came out perfect! NO brassiness!! No toner needed! I am VERY impressed. I got $140 highlights for 10 bucks!!!!! I am super excited!! I highly recommend this product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by MariaLeesa3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is for the Platinum Frost & Glow (although I have tried the one pictured and it also works great!).

I am always looking for a great at home platinum blond hair color, and this one definitely achieves that beautiful platinum color. I have been using Revlon Frost & Glow for years now, I keep trying different brands but always seem come back to this hair color & especially now with their new platinum color. When I color my hair with this high lighting kit I do not use the cap included. I use this highlighting kit as an all over color. The platinum seems to have less in it then their other blond color (next time I will be buying two boxes). It is very very strong and will bleach your hair VERY quickly. I did not leave it on for the entire 30 minutes and have an amazing platinum color :) Although the odor from the bleach is much stronger then other at home kits I have done, Revlon Frost & Glow seems to be the one I have had the most success with. I know I can always trust Revlon Frost & Glow to give me a natural, clean, and not funky blond color. & the price is fantastic also for someone who doesn't like to spend a lot!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by suznyc

I had high hopes for this product. Especially after reading all the reviews. My hair is a disaster. I've ended up with bright blonde on the ends and still have my dark roots - just with a few blonde streaks in them. I am really disappointed. I guess I will go get some single process color tomorrow and change it all and wait 'til I can afford to pay a professional again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by 8788xo

I was literally jumping up and down when I saw the results of this kit. I've dyed my hair multiple times.. mostly dark colors. I went to salons wanting to lift the color. I was charged between $100-200 each time, and haven't had the result I did with this product. It lightened my hair! It's a light brown/golden chestnutty color (since I accidently lightened it all). Nonetheless... it didnt turn orange or yellow. It may not be perfect and it's a bit brassy (nothing worse than a salon has left me with) and that was too be expected with lightening dark hair. I'm really impressed as of right now.. I purchased the kit for $5.99! I'm glad I gave it a whirl.

Possible words of wisdom:
1. Doing this alone = probably not the best idea. The cap is a pain, but it's worth it... it's just easier to have someone else do it.

Also, I thought I read pull hair through every hole for "striking" results... it says every *circled* hole, OOPS. My friend pulled hair through every single hole... so it took 2 hours.. haha, but the result was still good! Just a bit tedious.

Also, this stuff smells suprisingly good! For $6, it is well worth the price! I still can't believe the results!

UPDATE (7/20/11), I've used this product two more times since my original review-- this product is well worth the money and the time, just make sure you follow the directions! and don't forget the strand test!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by geisen111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this highlighting kit. It's the only thing that has lightened my hair as much as I want it to and doesn't turn brassy. I have tried so many other highlights and none ever seem to look right. I have used this off and on for years, and depending on how long I leave it on, have achieved results from subtle honey highlights (now) to heavier lighter blond highlights.

I always thought it would be better to try a stylist, however, I went to a stylist who was supposedly a specialist in color and she fried my hair. I mean totally fried. I started with very healthy hair. (I planned to do it, so I grew all the old color out and had it cut off). She left me under the dryer for at least an hour, and decided (since she was running behind) that it looked GREAT!! and didn't need a toner. However, literally when she was blowing my hair out, there were tiny broken pieces of hair falling all over my lap. It was a disaster and I was so disappointed. Needless to say, I decided if anyone was going to screw up my hair I could do it at home myself for a lot cheaper.

And this product has never really disappointed me. The cap makes it really easy to get precise highlights even if you are not an expert. It is a great product to use if your hair is darker. Definitely go for the honey. It works great for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have done home hair color and highlights many times but, I had stuck with the salon fo rthe past few years. Unfortunately, my colorist left and she did perfect highlights on me. My new stylist does fabulous cuts but I was never completely happy with the way she did color. So, here I am back with home highlights.

I bought the honey shade for medium to dark brown hair. I have light/med brown hair but it is leaning a little more toward medium (having a baby recently seemed to have darkened it a bit). The color on the box was a nice blonde that isn't too cool or warm. I decided to do a strand test and am so glad I did! The developer in this kit is nowhere near as strong as it needs to be. I left the mixture on my hair for 50 minutes and got a very warm, somewhat brassy dark blonde. I didn't bother doing the rest of my hair. I looked on the box and online but I could not find what level the developer is in the kit. It didn't even lift my hair as much as a 20 developer does.

This kit is a bit expensive considering it is a small amount of lightening powder and developer. You can buy these separately at Sally's for a better deal. The cap and gloves are not very good quality and they give you 2 tiny packets of shampoo/conditioner.

If you still want to try this kit, go to Sally's and buy a cap that is more fitted because it makes it easier to pull the hair through the holes and prevents color from bleeding at the roots.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by rcfortune

I just used this last night and had great results. I have naturally dark brown hair that is colored (it is VERY dark right now). I wanted thin, highlights to break up the darkness a bit and was able to achieve that with this product. I pulled the majority through myself but had my mom pull the back. It took about 30 minutes to process on my hair and the highlights came out exactly like the back of the box. Super easy and very cheap- $4 at the Big Lots here! I will be doing this again..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by butterflygirl26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product!!!! Super cheap, Smells great and gave me the exact color I wanted! No Orange or Brassy hair. I used the Revlon Platinum Blonde Highlighting Kit. I pulled my hair through every circled hole on the cap, I have long hair so this took me about 2 hrs. Put the highlighting mix on my hair and left it on for an hour and the color turned out perfect. I rinsed my hair out and then followed with the After Color Shampoo and Conditioner. Another plus to this kit too is that you can use it on color treated hair, which I love because I just dyed my hair a dark brown about 4 months ago and the color of the highlights still came out perfect! I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is thinking of highlighting their hair, I will definitely buy this product again :) Thanks Revlon!