September 21, 2014 | 1273 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Rachelou1802

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ruby woo !!! The best red lipstick ever !!! It's the best. It stay all day but it is super drying. You just need to put a lip balm underneath it. It's worth trying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by screamstyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the beauty this adds to my skin I can pay this much and more for this lipstick.. its super matte which could irritate some ppl... but adding lip balm doesn work with this for me.. BUT THIS IS AWESOME !!!I will buy it forever!! the vanilla smell. awesome color!! just perfect red for everyone!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by M3shel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I think of the perfect red lipstick, I think of Ruby Woo. It's not your everyday lipstick, rather something to save for when you really want to amp up your lips. It's true that it is super drying, but the color payoff is worth using a little lip balm before wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by hannahbanana13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick ! its is so matte and lasts forever without replying. It is almost the same shade as riri woo when i bought it they told me and it looks just like riannias red ! it is worth the price for the perfect pin-up red look ! even add some clear lip shine over top to give it less dry look, and make sure lips are well moisturized before application !totally recommend it !!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Ruby Woo is a true bright red shade with a strong blue base, making my teeth look whiter and flattering every skin tone. It has a vanilla scent like all MAC lipsticks do and fantastic pigmentation. Its finish is what MAC calls a Retro Matte finish. From what I can tell this is a very matte finish.
The formula is kinda waxy and dry, which is kind of to be expected from such a matte lipstick, but because it's dry, it will cling to dry areas. It's not drying, but it's not moisturizing either, so if you have dry lips, you may want to wear a lip balm underneath. (This was why I rated this a 4 instead of a 5.) But by wearing lip balm underneath, you're reducing its wear time. Worn alone, the wear time is insane! I applied it yesterday at 11 AM and went home at 1 AM this morning to find that it still looked perfect! My lips were drier than usual and it did fade a little, but I was still in awe that it had lasted through 14 fcking hours--with eating, drinking, and partying involved! WTF, right?!
Not to mention that it only costs $15!
It's hard not to wear this everyday, but I don't want the matte red lips look to get old, so I gotta switch it up everyday and give my other bright lippies some love too haha!
Would I repurchase? Yes!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by mc808913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the best shade of Red lipstick I have used. Gives you that perfect finishing look with just the right pop of color on your lips. a lot of other Mac lipsticks don't really last or stay on my lips, but this one in matte finish does. lasts all night.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by peakvolume

MAC describes Ruby Woo as a "matte vivid blue red;" This description is perfectly accurate. The lipstick is bold, pigment rich, and flattering to every skin tone. It definitely has a matte texture that feels a little dry going on.

However, the product itself isn't drying-I noticed whether or not I would need balm after wearing depended on if my lips were already in good condition or if they were chapped beforehand. (If your lips aren't moisturized before wearing this, look out-it won't help the situation).

RW wears amazingly to. It survived 2 meals after 7 hours and still looked great. As it wears away, an unflattering ring of color will persist around the mouth, so try a lip liner underneath or keep an eye on when it' time to reapply.

(read the full review on peakvolume.blogspot.com)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When ever I wear this shade I always feel classy and so lady like..lol! It truly is a bright, vivid, and classic red. The matte finish stays on forever, even through eating and drinking. Lip prep through exfoliation and hydration is a must with this formula to ensure the shade applies evenly and wears well during the day without the dry patchy lip presentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by justacupoftea

To wear ruby woo I have to prep my lips beforehand, make sure I've exfoliated & moisturised well and then I line and fill my lips with mac redd pencil and use a lip brush to work ruby woo into my lips. Due to the very matte texture this lipstick will stay put till the bitter end! Although the very dry feeling takes a bit of getting used to the colour is so nice I don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by wendehart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have very weird skin, like a mix between olive and fairness. This is the only red lipstick I will use or come too. I suggest putting on concealer before applying or use white liner to go around your lips to help it not smudge or look blotchy. I really think this is a universal lipstick that looks great on any skin tone. it last long and I love the matte feel. it stands out.