April 18, 2014 | 1931 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not generally a fan of Clinique mascaras - all the ones I've bought (Glossy, Bottom lash, the fiber one...) were disappointing. However, I got a mini High Impact mascara as a gwp and thought, why not give it a try? I'm glad I did.
Volume? Check. Non-clumpy? Check. Non-smudgy and non-flaky? CHECK. I guess that's enough, isn't it? It gives my lashes a very separated, natural (ish) volume look with no clumps at all. I supposed I *could* have a little bit more volume, but for that I would have to sacrifice the non-clumpy bit. So for now I can say that this is the best non-clumpy volumizing mascara I've used... but if you're looking for huge lashes that will touch your eyebrows, look elsewhere - this gives you a sort of "natural volume" look... which is good enough for me! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent mascara. It gives you volume and length, is somewhat buildable, but has a tendency to clump. I use it only because I get contact eczema from most eye products. Otherwise, there are other products out there that are better for much cheaper, like Covergirl Lashblast volume.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The sales lady talked me into this when I purchased a clinique lotion.

The formula is extremely wet and there is so much product on the brush that it clumps instantly and is near impossible to correct - my top and bottom lashes stuck together and dried. Looks nasty! How can this be their 'best seller'?!

If you completely remove product from the brush head you can get an alright lengthening effect - but then again so would every mascara on the market probably.

I will most likely never try another clinique mascara again. Avoid! Better off with LM full blown volume - been my fav for a long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a free sample of this mascara. I found that it did not add length or volume and especially did not hold a curl. I have normal lashes - not too long or short. This mascara wasn't awful, it just wasn't special. I experienced some transferring during the day. Would not recommend or purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by girleygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

my favorite luxury mascara..doesn't flake, makes my lashes full by 100%!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara was a wet, unimpressive mess on my lashes. It did make them look better than they do on their own, but not much. One thing I did really like about it was how black it was. I guess I should have known better, wet formulas don't agree with my lashes. They're pretty long, so it just weighs them down and/or gets all over the place.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by legitlashes

i got this as a gift and i was super excited to try it out.
the first time i used it, it was a wet mess..id blink and my eyelids would be covered in mascara.
i let it dry out and used it about a week later and the formula was already a little better.
the brush is nothing special, i dont have problematic lashes so the brush was okay for my lashes.
after a few uses i noticed my eyes became very irritated and the masacra was super flakey. the little flakes would get into my eyes aswell.
i tried so hard to like this mascara but after i finish this tube i will not be going back to clinique mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a 100 pointer for Sephora. I thought, Clinique is not famous for their mascaras, this will probably go in the trash..well I was wrong. I have asian tiny little lashes and this one never clumps (A problem when your lashes are so small)
and lengthens and volumizes without looking OTT.

This is a little wetter formula which I personally prefer because dryer mascaras make my lashes look hard. And liquidy ones look more soft for me, and its more lightweight.

This keeps curl well too, a common problem for asians!

I was wearing this the other day, and a stranger (who is Caucasian and has beautiful lashes) commented on how great my lashes looked!!!

Definitely will be buying full sized mascara!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by kykelly322

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is so so. It volumizes and lengthens, but it will smudge unless you really wipe practically everything off the brush. Then you have a big mess at the top of the tube. I think ds mascaras work better without all the work..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by northerngal100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. It is one of the few products that I actually thinks works better as you use it up - it doesn't dry up like other brands, meaning you can really use it until it is gone. When you get a new tube, it is VERY wet though - so try not to blink hard or open your eyes to wide for about 20 seconds or you will print some above our below your eyes (ack!). I like my mascara to wash off easily with water and this rinses off cleaner than anything else I have tried (saving a step and more products...). I don't find it flakes either.

If I am feeling fancy I will buy it - but ultimately, I have found drugstore brands that offer similar results (maybe not quite the same) but for a quarter of the price (I like maybelline plush). Sometimes the price just can't be justified!