Clinique Airbrush Concealer

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, water, isopentyldiol, polymethylsilsequioxane, dimethicone, peg/ppg-18/18 tribehenin, isotetracosane, isostearyl neopentanoate, pentaeryhrityl tetraethylhexanoate, lecithin, polyglycerl-4 isostrearate, polysilicone-11, c9-15fluoroalcohol phosphate, chamomile, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1, matricaria, alumina, propylene carbonate, sodium chloride, disteardimonium hectorite, laureth-7, caprylyl gycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, mica titanium dioxide, iron oxides

I liked the packaging. It's very easy to apply this concealer. I didn't like that it settled into the fine lines and that didn't cover the dark circles around my eyes enough. I would say that this is a good but not the best concealer out there.

on 4/6/2010 5:55:00 AM

I love this concealer - it illuminates my skin at the same time as it covers some of my redness and blemishes. It's a bit too light to master the monster-spots though... But over all - I love it!
I know other concealers that does the same job with my redness and stuff, but this is the only one that really moisturizes, illuminates and "perfects" my face. ;)

PS (it doesn't stay on forever - that costs the product one lipstick...)

on 3/14/2010 6:30:00 PM

I have always had (hereditary) dark circles under my eyes and have never found a good concealer for them. Yesterday I stopped by a Clinique counter looking for new foundation, and this concealer ended up being my favorite product the girl at the counter used on me, even though it wasn't even what I was originally looking for! It covers my dark circles better than any other product I have ever used, and makes my eyes appear much brighter than before. It works well to cover up some of my acne spots as well. At $19.50, it's almost double what my drugstore brand concealers cost, but worth every penny and should last me a really long time. I will definitely be buying this again!

on 2/23/2010 1:27:00 AM

The lightest colour in this range was way too dark for me, with Orange undertones. I tried using it, but just couldn't bear putting it on my skin, as it did nothing for me. I find this is a pretty common scenario with most of the Clinique foundations and concealers - they really don't cater to the lighter end of the shade spectrum. I think the coverage was pretty decent, but I'm not sure if this is due to the fact the colour was just so dark, or if the concealer itself was good and opaque.

on 2/18/2010 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

bought it out of boredom.its not a bad product it actually does what it promises which is highlighting...will buy it again i guess.if you are looking for coverage this is not for you.if you are looking for something to brighten up dull eyes and give a fresh look , go ahead you won't be disappointed ;)
i also love the packaging!!so handy!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in the shade 04 Neutral Fair. I really like this although I have to say it doesn't have AMAZING coverage, so I wouldnīt reccommend it to someone with acne, lots to cover or people who have very dark circles. The reason I love it is because it is the perfect consistency for my (not so severe) under eye circles, it is so light and easy to blend (the best brush to use is a MAC 224 or a similar natural hair blending brush) I have also read reviews where people complain that it runs out too quickly, but as I almost only use it for under eye circles, it has lasted me quite a while (about 8 months and I still havenīt finished it!) Therefore, I will probably repurchase. Downsides: You cant see how much product remains, but that is true of all of these kinds of clicky-pen concealers. Another downside is that sometimes it doesn't dispense product properly and you end up clicking it too many times and lots of the product comes out. However I would very much recommend this. I think its the best quality concealer Iīve ever used.

on 2/7/2010 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

well i have very sensitive skin so thought clinique would be the best option.. i asked the girl at the counter to recommend a good concealer this is the one she said..and im not very impressed tbh.it didnt irritate my eyes or anything but i thought the coverage was poor and by the end of the day its hardly there..the texture is very light and glides on quite easily but i was looking for something to hide my dark circles and this doesnt really deliver!

on 2/1/2010 2:05:00 PM

Despite the poor ratings here, i actually like this product. I've used many of such pens from other brands but i think the Clinique stands out in its own ways.

Firstly, the finish feels so smooth and moist, compared to say Dior Skinflash. If i apply this right, it doesn't crease or settle into fine lines. It blends really well and doesn't cake up. If you have a perpetually dry undereye area, this could be what you need. I'm taking Accutane on a regular basis and that really dries me out. I would also recommend this product to mature ladies.

Secondly, it does illuminate, but not to the ridiculous extent of making your entire eye look almost metallic. It also doesn't contain any obvious glitter. I can never understand why one would want some glitter floating on their undereye.

Thirdly, it has a shade with peach undertones. Some people here are ranting about the orange-ness. But i say, if you don't need a concealer with peach undertones, then don't buy 02 Medium! It's not the fault of the concealer. Some of us here with need something peach-based to counteract our dark brown/purple circles. If we use something beige or skintone, our circles turn white/gray. Alot of brands don't consider that, so i'm grateful to Clinique for providing an option for us.

Many here complain about the coverage. Though it's true that it doesn't have the most amazing coverage, it's a small trade off for it's very soft and moist finish. The way i use this - brush it over the entire hollow of the eye - starting from below the browbone to the undereye circles. I'm able to do a second to third layer without any caking up. After that's done, i dab some cream concealer (TheBalm's Time Balm) with more coverage to ONLY the main problem area, which is the crescent of the undereye that denotes "eyebag", if you know what i mean. And i've successfully eliminated all signs of dark shadows without having a caked-up eye.

Price-wise, this is really on the expensive side. Check this out - it costs S$36 as compared to the Dior Skinflash or YSL Touche Eclat in the $50+ range, but there's only 1.5ml in there. However, there are some even more ridiculously-priced products, i.e Bobbi Brown's Tinted Eye Brightener which is also 1.5ml and S$55.

Packaging-wise, the brush is really a nice help in reaching those corners, isn't too short or long, which is nice. But the twist application sometimes spills out too much product without warning. The pen is made of cheap plastic, as compared to more luxurious packaging from YSL, Givenchy, Dior, Estee Lauder or RMK. I'm able to overlook this because Clinique wins those other pens over in many factors.

Please look at my review for TheBalm's Time Balm for more details and a list of concealers i've ever tried (over 20 of them).

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Seeing as this is the first concealer i have ever used i cant really compare it to others. But to me it did the job, i loved the coverage and regret not usin concealer sooner. Price is OK, however i would love to know howmuch of the product i would have left or just to see the product. so i agree with other reviewers the fact you have NO idea when its finishing sucks. However towards the end of my use with it, i notice when it was towards the end, it wouldnt come out quite so easily and i had to twist it more times.

on 1/24/2010 12:10:00 PM

I didn't like it. It isn't good as a highlighter, it's concealing properties are also nothing to rave about, it's orangey and drying. It's too expensive for the amount of product you get.