Clinique Airbrush Concealer

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, water, isopentyldiol, polymethylsilsequioxane, dimethicone, peg/ppg-18/18 tribehenin, isotetracosane, isostearyl neopentanoate, pentaeryhrityl tetraethylhexanoate, lecithin, polyglycerl-4 isostrearate, polysilicone-11, c9-15fluoroalcohol phosphate, chamomile, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1, matricaria, alumina, propylene carbonate, sodium chloride, disteardimonium hectorite, laureth-7, caprylyl gycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, mica titanium dioxide, iron oxides

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in the shade 04 Neutral Fair. I really like this although I have to say it doesn't have AMAZING coverage, so I wouldnīt reccommend it to someone with acne, lots to cover or people who have very dark circles. The reason I love it is because it is the perfect consistency for my (not so severe) under eye circles, it is so light and easy to blend (the best brush to use is a MAC 224 or a similar natural hair blending brush) I have also read reviews where people complain that it runs out too quickly, but as I almost only use it for under eye circles, it has lasted me quite a while (about 8 months and I still havenīt finished it!) Therefore, I will probably repurchase. Downsides: You cant see how much product remains, but that is true of all of these kinds of clicky-pen concealers. Another downside is that sometimes it doesn't dispense product properly and you end up clicking it too many times and lots of the product comes out. However I would very much recommend this. I think its the best quality concealer Iīve ever used.

on 2/7/2010 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

well i have very sensitive skin so thought clinique would be the best option.. i asked the girl at the counter to recommend a good concealer this is the one she said..and im not very impressed tbh.it didnt irritate my eyes or anything but i thought the coverage was poor and by the end of the day its hardly there..the texture is very light and glides on quite easily but i was looking for something to hide my dark circles and this doesnt really deliver!

on 2/1/2010 2:05:00 PM

Despite the poor ratings here, i actually like this product. I've used many of such pens from other brands but i think the Clinique stands out in its own ways.

Firstly, the finish feels so smooth and moist, compared to say Dior Skinflash. If i apply this right, it doesn't crease or settle into fine lines. It blends really well and doesn't cake up. If you have a perpetually dry undereye area, this could be what you need. I'm taking Accutane on a regular basis and that really dries me out. I would also recommend this product to mature ladies.

Secondly, it does illuminate, but not to the ridiculous extent of making your entire eye look almost metallic. It also doesn't contain any obvious glitter. I can never understand why one would want some glitter floating on their undereye.

Thirdly, it has a shade with peach undertones. Some people here are ranting about the orange-ness. But i say, if you don't need a concealer with peach undertones, then don't buy 02 Medium! It's not the fault of the concealer. Some of us here with need something peach-based to counteract our dark brown/purple circles. If we use something beige or skintone, our circles turn white/gray. Alot of brands don't consider that, so i'm grateful to Clinique for providing an option for us.

Many here complain about the coverage. Though it's true that it doesn't have the most amazing coverage, it's a small trade off for it's very soft and moist finish. The way i use this - brush it over the entire hollow of the eye - starting from below the browbone to the undereye circles. I'm able to do a second to third layer without any caking up. After that's done, i dab some cream concealer (TheBalm's Time Balm) with more coverage to ONLY the main problem area, which is the crescent of the undereye that denotes "eyebag", if you know what i mean. And i've successfully eliminated all signs of dark shadows without having a caked-up eye.

Price-wise, this is really on the expensive side. Check this out - it costs S$36 as compared to the Dior Skinflash or YSL Touche Eclat in the $50+ range, but there's only 1.5ml in there. However, there are some even more ridiculously-priced products, i.e Bobbi Brown's Tinted Eye Brightener which is also 1.5ml and S$55.

Packaging-wise, the brush is really a nice help in reaching those corners, isn't too short or long, which is nice. But the twist application sometimes spills out too much product without warning. The pen is made of cheap plastic, as compared to more luxurious packaging from YSL, Givenchy, Dior, Estee Lauder or RMK. I'm able to overlook this because Clinique wins those other pens over in many factors.

Please look at my review for TheBalm's Time Balm for more details and a list of concealers i've ever tried (over 20 of them).

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Seeing as this is the first concealer i have ever used i cant really compare it to others. But to me it did the job, i loved the coverage and regret not usin concealer sooner. Price is OK, however i would love to know howmuch of the product i would have left or just to see the product. so i agree with other reviewers the fact you have NO idea when its finishing sucks. However towards the end of my use with it, i notice when it was towards the end, it wouldnt come out quite so easily and i had to twist it more times.

on 1/24/2010 12:10:00 PM

I didn't like it. It isn't good as a highlighter, it's concealing properties are also nothing to rave about, it's orangey and drying. It's too expensive for the amount of product you get.

on 12/26/2009 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

[EDIT: Still a great concealer/highlighter but finally a full coverage concealer has emerged that is suitable for dry skin: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer!]
I would originally have never touched this concealer because the packaging makes me wary; I figured it wouldn't be great packaging and it would be difficult to determine when it was running on empty. Well then, at a Clinique event, a makeup artist put this on me. I was instantly in love. I didn't buy it because I wanted to see reviews. I loved the concealer by the end of the day, and when I saw that the reviews weren't spectacular, I didn't really care. I bought it and have been wearing it daily since. (On most days, all I wear is concealer and mascara.) The brush is actually nice. The only thing that I still don't like is the fact that I won't be 100% certain when it's about to be empty. (Hopefully, the more I use, I'll notice the weight or something!) Packaging aside, it has been a great concealer. Even those crease free concealers that are supposed to be suited for dry skin latch on to my flakies if there are any at all and look caked. I therefore recommend this to dry to very dry skinned ladies. This does exactly what it advertises: illuminates and conceals. The coverage is light but somewhat buildable, blendable, and long lasting on me. I have tried the most highly rated concealers with little luck.

on 12/4/2009 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I ran out of concealer while living abroad I went to the nearest ICI Paris and told the SA I needed a good concealer for under eye circles and blemishes. She quickly pointed me to this product, and being a fan of other Clinique products I decided to give it a go. I had makeup on when I purchased it, so I had no way of knowing whether the results I was seeing in the store were true or not. After trying it out on a fresh face, I have to say this is not that great of a concealer. It does illuminate which is nice, but it offers very sheer to no coverage and in fact it almost accentuates my dark circles because now it just looks like I have illuminated dark circles. It does an ok job with small blemishes, but if you have a large one beware because it also draws attention to those. This would probably be a good product layered over an actual concealer but seeing as it's the only concealer I have, in my opinion it doesn't do a well enough job on it's own. I probably won't repurchase this just because I need an actual concealer, and I know I can find a cheaper eye brightener.

on 12/4/2009 4:47:00 AM

This is a good product. Probably wouldn't buy this again and would try a different brand such as YSL, but does what it states.

on 10/29/2009 5:27:00 PM

Overall a nice product, does what it says: illuminate! It just lightens the area under the eyes up perfectly, which makes you look more awake. Because of its light and easy blendable texture, it doesn't get cakey unlike most concealers.

Only downside is that it wears off pretty quickly, but touching up is not a problem since application is so easy and quick with the simple, convenient slim pen system.

On the more expensive side, but a little bit of this stuff literally illuminates the area under my eyes, which makes under eye circles less visible.
If you want heavy coverage, this is not for you. It just creates a highlighted undereye area which is perfect for those who just want to look more well rested.

on 8/30/2009 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Thought id check it out ofter i found out it one best concealer in Gok Wans ''How to Look Good Naked'' show on Channel 4. Its a great illuminator and it photos really well...unless your planning to cover very dark circles - in which case it accentuates them!

i have used it around my eyes, nose, mouth and cheeks and as a highlighter i do like its subtlety

i like its texture...its nice and creamy...not to thin...but not too thick.

however, because of the packaging, you cant see how much you have left so its always best to have a spare one handy just in case you wake up one morning and realise you have none left.