April 19, 2014 | 1936 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending (Windshield Wiper) Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by angellove78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love how everyone calls this the windshield wiper brush, lol, great brush, was my second brush purchase with mac and it fell slightly short of my expectations, until i purchased the mac 217 then understood how to use it better it took me awhile to figure it but now i love this brush, definitely gets rid of the hard lines and blends everything softly, Love how soft and fluffy it is also!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I like this better than my sephora blending brush. I think this is my fav mac eye brush along with my 222. I want to get another one since some of the reviewers are using it for concealer. OMG LOVE THIS BRUSH!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by mandeemandee

Best blending brush I've used. Expensive, but it holds up to washing well (be gentle!) so I don't see myself having to replace it anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by cfrozal23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an a flippin amazing brush!!! It's quite the price, but def worth your money. I have tried other drugstore dupes, and I'm sorry, but nothing comes close to this gem!!! It deposits just the right amount of color where you need it to, and this is the only brush I have ever used that has allowed my clumsey hands to get a great smokey eye effect!!! I highly recommened this brush!!! My makeup kit would be so lost with out this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by bumblebees24

Is it an expensive brush? Yes. Will it be worth your money? Absolutely. This is one of the best brushes for a nice soft smokey eye look. You can use it to blend or deposit colors into the crease for a soft look. It may be a bit big for gals with smaller eyelids but overall a great brush. You may also want to try the 222 (white goat hair) if you'd like a smaller version of this brush. As typical of all MAC brushes review I make, I do not recommend buying the SE versions of this brush. They are typically not as soft and does not provide the accurate blending you're looking for as the original brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by ggarlejo480

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best blending brush ever! Everyone claims that this is the best blending brush, and I wanted to get it but I did not want to spend $28.00usd. I was at my local Cosmetics Company Outlet and they had this brush for $19.00usd, and I had to get it. So glad I did it blends my eyeshadows together wonderfully.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

This is my second 224 brush. The first one I bought 2 years ago litterally sat in my brush cup gathering dust. It was bushy and too big for crease work and not good at blending either. After watching so many youtube gurus use this brush for crease work I went to Mac again and looked closer at some of the 224s on the shelf and they are at least 1/3 smaller than mine and much more tapered. I repurchased the brush and I am taking my 224 back in its place. Shame on mac for inconsistancy. Choose your brush carefully as all mac brushes are not created equally. IMHO the Chanel #12 is much softer, better quality and only a little more expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this one every day, I love it! I hesitated before finally splurging on this baby it was worth every penny! That was a few years ago and today my brush looks almost new, because I take good care of my investment. This brush is very soft, picks up eye shadow with ease and is so easy to use! I use it to blend my eye shadow, especially in the crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by IslandLover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush to have in your collection. Like others have mentioned, it is very versatile from applying concealors, to highlighters, to setting concealor, to blending eyeshadow. This is my absolute favorite blending brush. It does a great job diffusing the color and creating soft lines. It fits great in my crease. I want to pick up another one soon just because one isn't enough for me. It is on the expensive side however so I may be looking into the Sonia Kashuk brush like another reviewer suggested. But if you've been lemming this product for awhile, definitely make the plunge. You won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by ksly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite blending/crease brush. I also use it for my brow highlighter. It's a must have