September 1, 2014 | 1918 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending (Windshield Wiper) Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Tempe12mua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this for blending or all over soft application of color. I also use this to apply a highlight under the outer corners of the eye and subtle hilights down the nose and above brows. I like the shape, it is a nice full round but tapers slightly at the tip. My biggest peeve with this brush is that when I do a quick clean on it between models it sheds :( but its still one of my top 15 used brushes. I love sephora brand platinum brushes best though!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by bellagemma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd say this is a MAC brush you have to learn how to use as opposed to one that just magically makes your makeup look gorgeous (like the MAC 217). For someone with small lids like me (i'm asian), the 222 is actually better to do the windshield wiper thing with. If I do the windshield crease thing with this, I end up with color almost all the way up to my brow b/c its so big compared to my lid space! Still, I don't think this brush is worthless...it has a lot of uses. Personally,I like to use it to apply color to my browbone b/c I don't like that BAM WHITE BROWBONE kind of look-I really just want it to be subtle and even, and this brush does it! If you have deep set eyes I think this brush will be an amazing windshield wiper crease brush. If you have asian type eyes like mine, try the 222 or 217 for the crease instead =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by swinfrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Initially I never used this brush b/c it was so big & fluffy compared to my other ones that I had no idea what to do with it. after watching youtube videos of people using it though I finally got it! it's a great blending brush to smooth the lines between different areas of your eye. it's also great for the outer areas of your eyelid to achieve a smokey eye look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by angellove78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love how everyone calls this the windshield wiper brush, lol, great brush, was my second brush purchase with mac and it fell slightly short of my expectations, until i purchased the mac 217 then understood how to use it better it took me awhile to figure it but now i love this brush, definitely gets rid of the hard lines and blends everything softly, Love how soft and fluffy it is also!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I like this better than my sephora blending brush. I think this is my fav mac eye brush along with my 222. I want to get another one since some of the reviewers are using it for concealer. OMG LOVE THIS BRUSH!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by mandeemandee

Best blending brush I've used. Expensive, but it holds up to washing well (be gentle!) so I don't see myself having to replace it anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by cfrozal23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an a flippin amazing brush!!! It's quite the price, but def worth your money. I have tried other drugstore dupes, and I'm sorry, but nothing comes close to this gem!!! It deposits just the right amount of color where you need it to, and this is the only brush I have ever used that has allowed my clumsey hands to get a great smokey eye effect!!! I highly recommened this brush!!! My makeup kit would be so lost with out this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by bumblebees24

Is it an expensive brush? Yes. Will it be worth your money? Absolutely. This is one of the best brushes for a nice soft smokey eye look. You can use it to blend or deposit colors into the crease for a soft look. It may be a bit big for gals with smaller eyelids but overall a great brush. You may also want to try the 222 (white goat hair) if you'd like a smaller version of this brush. As typical of all MAC brushes review I make, I do not recommend buying the SE versions of this brush. They are typically not as soft and does not provide the accurate blending you're looking for as the original brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by ggarlejo480

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best blending brush ever! Everyone claims that this is the best blending brush, and I wanted to get it but I did not want to spend $28.00usd. I was at my local Cosmetics Company Outlet and they had this brush for $19.00usd, and I had to get it. So glad I did it blends my eyeshadows together wonderfully.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

This is my second 224 brush. The first one I bought 2 years ago litterally sat in my brush cup gathering dust. It was bushy and too big for crease work and not good at blending either. After watching so many youtube gurus use this brush for crease work I went to Mac again and looked closer at some of the 224s on the shelf and they are at least 1/3 smaller than mine and much more tapered. I repurchased the brush and I am taking my 224 back in its place. Shame on mac for inconsistancy. Choose your brush carefully as all mac brushes are not created equally. IMHO the Chanel #12 is much softer, better quality and only a little more expensive.