MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush

4.4

on 5/16/2010 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This brush is a bit too fluffy for my taste. It's not a complete loss though because this brush works like a dream when blending out harsh lines. Personally, knowing what i know now i would go for the 217 or a 226 instead.

This is a great brush for blending eyeshadow! I use it to blend the crease color. It's lightweight, fluffy, and soft. It's a good one to have, especially if you are just looking to build a basic brush collection.

on 5/2/2010 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

If you're looking for a soft, great, everyday eyeshadow brush, this is what you should grab! The colors will look so airbrushed, and you will have no harsh lines.

This was my first MAC brush purchase, and I'm glad I got this first!

NOTES:
-can be used to apply color
-can be used solely to blend out colors already applied on lid
-currently $28 USD

on 5/1/2010 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is a nice multi-purpose brush. I use it for blending and for applying MAC Studio Fix concealer. I have tried blending brushes by Smashbox, L'Oreal, and Revlon. So far the 224 is the best!

on 4/20/2010 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favourite brush for blending or all over lid shadow!
It's big enough to cover the entire lid area effortlessly and it's tapered end makes it a perfect brush for blending out any harsh lines in the crease area or just anywhere in general!
I find that this is one of the few brushes that I reach for on a daily basis!

on 4/19/2010 4:59:00 PM

I'm surprised when I read others who say that this brush is soft. It is *not* soft at all. It's prickly and feels like it's made of cheap fibers. It's far too fluffy for blending - I actually prefer my no-name brand blending brush to this one. MAC-wise, I prefer the 222 and 217. Way over-priced and over-hyped. :( I now use this to lightly fluff on powder over my BB cream. Even though I've found a way to put this to use, I still don't like it very much and wouldn't recommend it. Go to your MAC counter and touch the sample bristles - you'll notice right away the prickly & un-eveness compared to MAC's other brushes.

on 4/18/2010 3:27:00 AM

This brush is great - I use it to get a really great contour, or even to just put a wash of colour on my eyes before I run out the door. Also, great blending brush!

However, when I am washing it the bristles tend to go a bit crazy but I think I'll just have to be more careful and/or buy those brush guards.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

There's so many ways to use this brush so I think it's a must have in my collection! I use it to apply my under eye concealer, to blend out my eye-shadows, to apply color in your crease, apply a highlight. It does take some getting used to in how to use it at first but it really does a great job. I love how it's called the windshield wiper brush! Mac brushes are a little on the expensive side but they'll last forever if you take good care of them. This is also one of my favorite brushes!

on 4/10/2010 7:10:00 PM

This is a great multi-tasking brush: I can pack on color with the side, apply a highlight, place color in the crease or outer corner, and blend colors. Not cheap but a high quality staple.

on 4/10/2010 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I like this for blending or all over soft application of color. I also use this to apply a highlight under the outer corners of the eye and subtle hilights down the nose and above brows. I like the shape, it is a nice full round but tapers slightly at the tip. My biggest peeve with this brush is that when I do a quick clean on it between models it sheds :( but its still one of my top 15 used brushes. I love sephora brand platinum brushes best though!

Popular Makeup Brushes