MAC Lustre - Honey Lust

3.8

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly? I wanted this shadow because I found the name irresistible. Crazy enough, but I fell in love totally when I seen the peachy-bronze shadow in person. I am an NC25, so lots of bronze shades are a little harsh on me, but this is more of a flesh-toned softer version of bronze.I find it to be very neutral and goes nicely with whatever other shadows I want to put with it. It also looks fab alone. I love it with a nice brownish liquid eyeliner, especially when I am wearing a brown or rust color top or dress. I always blend foundation on my lids before application of shadow, so I haven't had an issue with this shade falling off my eyes. I have brown eyes, but I have a friend who has green eyes, and she puts this on with a green shade and it is gorgeous.I would love to see this shade on tan/dark skin. It would no doubt make a great highlighter for that skin-tone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this as a highlighter with every shadow I wear. Aveda makes a color called Spark that is similar but not as lustrely! My skin is tan and all other highlighters are too light. This one blends right in with my skin. Love it. It's a peachy/bronzey shimmer. Gals that have trouble with it falling off, try using a Mac paint underneath and apply with a good flat brush(I am currently using Sonia Kashuks that came in a set, not sure if you can buy alone). I've heard wonderful things about TM's Lay down brush(expensive though). Works wonders!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great eyeshadow! It looks different everytime I put it on and then the look of it changes throughout the day- starts out kind of glittery and then takes on a shimmery, dewy, wet appearance. It's got gold shimmer, but it also has that toasty-honey tint as well. This is good for blending with any other shade eyeshadow OR even by itself for a more natural look.

Such a beautiful shade! But holy moly its the most annoying thing I've put on my eyes. Its very nice that the shadow has luster, but the "luster" falls on to my cheeks and its a pain to remove.
No wonder the luster shades aren't that popular.
However, after the whole song and dance routine with applying and removing the extra sparkle, the end result is quite pleasing.

it's basically at $15 pot of gold glitter. could never use this as a standalone eye shadow, has to be layered with primer in order for it to stay in place.

A great neutral with loads of shimmer. It perks up tired eyes and it's a great alternative to a boring bone or ivory.

A nice peachy-beige color, looks nice alone or paired up with juxt or woodwinked. It has some gleam to it. looks pretty and chic when wore alone with black eyeliner on top and bottom lashes with red lipgloss.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Recieved this in a swap and I love it! I agree with many others when they say the lustre texture is a bit more difficult to work with but this is a gorgeous colour! It shows up as a shimmery gold champagne colour on me and when used over UD Primer Potion or a MAC Paint Pot it lasts all day without flaking!

Edit - I've decided to swap this away as the shimmer fallout is just too much when I apply it, lovely shade though! :o(

I've been reading the comments on this product and had to share my own. I totally understand people's frustration with the flakiness and uneven distribution. However i never use this as a shadow by itself. To warm up and accent a smoky eye, this is absolutely perfect. Just lightly sweep it over a finished, very dark smoky eye and it's perfect! It's shimmery but not overbearing and glittery. I keep buying it over and over!

Ladies the hot tip with this is to use water to put it on with! It won't flake, it will last all day and it will look amazing! This is a great, highly pigmented, sparkle-y, bronzey HG eyeshadow. I love it!!! Looks great with my dark brown eyes- I pair it with my teddy eyeliner and my eyes just pop!

Top Rated MAC Products