July 31, 2014 | 1729 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Honeybunnie8

I got this as part of the Docle vita set. I was in a hurry and decided to just grab this set figuring I could return it if I hated it.
I was not so sure about Lovejoy. It looked really bronzey and glittery, and bronze makes me look dirty usually, not a good look. When I swiped it I was pleasantly surprised.It went on like a warm rosy just came back from vacation glow. Doesn't make me look dirty at all. Since I like more of a pink cheek I will layer this with some Desire or Mata Hari just on the apples of my cheeks. Glitter is something I tend to shy away from because I don't like looking like a disco ball, but the shimmer is not that bad, totally wearable. Just for reference I am about a NW20-15 in MAC, MUFE F&B 20 and I can wear Deauville in NARS.
Just like other NARS blushes I just touch my brush to the powder, although this dose not seem to be as soft as some of the others. I don't know if I would buy this again but I said yes because it is nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

More rosy than bronze. That said, it gives a pretty flush onmy NC40 skin. It's pretty pigmented but not as soft as other NARS blushes...looks great paired w/ eye liner and glowy e/s. def a good blush to try for those with warm and tan skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Jadekisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is just gorgeous! For the longest time i didn't understand the hype around NARS blush, that was until i tried it! This is my first NARS powder blush and i love it! It appears in the pan as a beautiful bronzey colour with subtle golden shimmer. When i applied it i was surprised to see such a rosey result! It leaves a beautiful rosey bronze glow to my NC20 cheeks!
I cant wait to indulge in more NARS blush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this months ago - tried it on a few times BUT it seemed like the color just didnt really show on my skin - I use NC40 from MAC. I won't buy this again for the same reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by ylchag

I love this blush. I've always used bronzer instead of blush because I felt it gave more color and life to my skin than most blushes.. most of the blushes i've tried either haven't been visible or are overly reddish/ruddy looking on me. Lovejoy is a great balance - I get a warm, tawny glow without looking ruddy, and I get a diversion from my usual routine of using bronzer. Sometimes, for a super glowing and summery look, I use a little Lovejoy with my bronzer - with a super light hand, of course. This also pairs really well with Albatross, which I got in a duo compact with the Lovejoy... perfect daytime, work look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by swamp_eyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this blush. Like all NARS blushes, it goes on flawlessly and stays all day, but what i love most about this shade is that it's basically a bronzer and blush in one. It gives my medium-toned skin a beautiful, natural color. The shimmer you see in the package is deceiving - Lovejoy is NOT glittery, but rather it leaves a healthy glow on your cheeks. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by AgentChic

I like this blush. It doesn't dry my face out and the powder goes on smoothly without having to blend too much on my face. I love the color...although it's too bronze for me. I'm just already tanned, so it doesn't do much but add a bronzed/beach look. I need something more "blush" so this isn't the right product for me.

But I do very much like NARS blushes. Just maybe another color. It's kind of pricey, and does not come with a brush--so you're on your own for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by gphibgoddess19

I wore this blush today and it reminded me I need to do a review of it. I have to buy NARS site unseen and about 3 months ago I decided to buy the set that has this, albatross highlighter and Dolce Vita gloss. When I saw the blush, I almost cried because I loved DV and albatross but I held off on lovejoy. Finally I just went for it. It is scary in the pan, I like shimmer but this looked alot even for me, not to mention it looked like a bronzer for someone who is not NW15 like me. But I put it on and immediately loved it. It gives me a rosy/bronzey glow that is perfect! I apply all my NARS blushes with my 187 but this one I use the 169 on b/c I personally don't find it as pigmented as the others. I love this blush and would recommend trying it on for many different skintones!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like Lovejoy, but I am giving it 4 lippies as it is not my favourite blush from NARS - of course Orgasm is (once I learned how to apply it properly). With that said, Lovejoy is a gorgeous colour that shows up really nice and rosy on my cheeks. I think this will be a perfect blush for when I'm tanned as it tends to be darker than blushes I normally wear. SA told me that she is surprised how nice and rosy it looks on my skin, as she thought it would look more brown (I am a light/medium complexion with yellow undertones). Wouldn't repurchase as this will probably last a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by LatinaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this with a light hand as a daytime blush. I don't dislike, but I'm not particularly thrilled with it either. I do like that its more a bronzy glow vs a pink flush.