October 20, 2014 | 1945 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

A pretty blush that has a tanned/bronzed shade.
I do not get ANY rosey one as someone said below...
To me, this is a tad too dark for my pale winter skin - however it will look perfect in summer with a suntan.
Lovely sparkle, very luminous.
Long lasting, very good quality as in all NARS blushes.
Good for skintone from NC 20 on.
I do prefer Orgasm, but this one will do a good job in summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Laurice928

I LOVE this blush. i give it 4 lippies bc its a little expensive..BUT i would def invest in this blush bc in the long run your spending the same amount buying cheap blushes that u have to reapply during the day.

i wore it today and and applied it at 10am before i went to class and by 330 my blush looked exactly as it did when i left my apt. took a short nap and it was still on at 5pm. its a great rosey-bronze color that looks great with looks that are more neutral in the eyes and warm cheeks. PERFECT for fall! its very pigmented and it applies soo smooth..i applied this with the MAC 187 and a little bit goes A LONG way. this blush will last me FOREVER!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Honeybunnie8

I got this as part of the Docle vita set. I was in a hurry and decided to just grab this set figuring I could return it if I hated it.
I was not so sure about Lovejoy. It looked really bronzey and glittery, and bronze makes me look dirty usually, not a good look. When I swiped it I was pleasantly surprised.It went on like a warm rosy just came back from vacation glow. Doesn't make me look dirty at all. Since I like more of a pink cheek I will layer this with some Desire or Mata Hari just on the apples of my cheeks. Glitter is something I tend to shy away from because I don't like looking like a disco ball, but the shimmer is not that bad, totally wearable. Just for reference I am about a NW20-15 in MAC, MUFE F&B 20 and I can wear Deauville in NARS.
Just like other NARS blushes I just touch my brush to the powder, although this dose not seem to be as soft as some of the others. I don't know if I would buy this again but I said yes because it is nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

More rosy than bronze. That said, it gives a pretty flush onmy NC40 skin. It's pretty pigmented but not as soft as other NARS blushes...looks great paired w/ eye liner and glowy e/s. def a good blush to try for those with warm and tan skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Jadekisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is just gorgeous! For the longest time i didn't understand the hype around NARS blush, that was until i tried it! This is my first NARS powder blush and i love it! It appears in the pan as a beautiful bronzey colour with subtle golden shimmer. When i applied it i was surprised to see such a rosey result! It leaves a beautiful rosey bronze glow to my NC20 cheeks!
I cant wait to indulge in more NARS blush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this months ago - tried it on a few times BUT it seemed like the color just didnt really show on my skin - I use NC40 from MAC. I won't buy this again for the same reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by ylchag

I love this blush. I've always used bronzer instead of blush because I felt it gave more color and life to my skin than most blushes.. most of the blushes i've tried either haven't been visible or are overly reddish/ruddy looking on me. Lovejoy is a great balance - I get a warm, tawny glow without looking ruddy, and I get a diversion from my usual routine of using bronzer. Sometimes, for a super glowing and summery look, I use a little Lovejoy with my bronzer - with a super light hand, of course. This also pairs really well with Albatross, which I got in a duo compact with the Lovejoy... perfect daytime, work look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by swamp_eyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this blush. Like all NARS blushes, it goes on flawlessly and stays all day, but what i love most about this shade is that it's basically a bronzer and blush in one. It gives my medium-toned skin a beautiful, natural color. The shimmer you see in the package is deceiving - Lovejoy is NOT glittery, but rather it leaves a healthy glow on your cheeks. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by AgentChic

I like this blush. It doesn't dry my face out and the powder goes on smoothly without having to blend too much on my face. I love the color...although it's too bronze for me. I'm just already tanned, so it doesn't do much but add a bronzed/beach look. I need something more "blush" so this isn't the right product for me.

But I do very much like NARS blushes. Just maybe another color. It's kind of pricey, and does not come with a brush--so you're on your own for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by gphibgoddess19

I wore this blush today and it reminded me I need to do a review of it. I have to buy NARS site unseen and about 3 months ago I decided to buy the set that has this, albatross highlighter and Dolce Vita gloss. When I saw the blush, I almost cried because I loved DV and albatross but I held off on lovejoy. Finally I just went for it. It is scary in the pan, I like shimmer but this looked alot even for me, not to mention it looked like a bronzer for someone who is not NW15 like me. But I put it on and immediately loved it. It gives me a rosy/bronzey glow that is perfect! I apply all my NARS blushes with my 187 but this one I use the 169 on b/c I personally don't find it as pigmented as the others. I love this blush and would recommend trying it on for many different skintones!